Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Auto login to Unix
Special Forums Windows & DOS: Issues & Discussions Auto login to Unix Post 302394622 by rahulbahulekar on Friday 12th of February 2010 05:36:45 AM
Old 02-12-2010
Auto login to Unix

Hi,

i am trying to connect to unix server from windows bat file using telnet command. But bat file is unable to pass username and password hence could not login to UNIX.

My requirement is to connect UNIX server from .bat file and run few macros at a perticular schedule. My UNIX login does not have the access to use crontab hence i am going for windows bat files.

I googled a lot to get the answer for - how to connect UNIX from windows bat file but not getting any proper answer.

I tried with putty as well -

putty.exe -ssh ServerName.COM -l UserName -pw MyPassword -m cmd.sh

but still its not working

Plz help!!

Thankx in advance.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Auto login?

Ok I've lost myself and hit a brick wall. What I am trying to do is avoid the login screen when the machine is turned on. So no login screen is needed unless you turn the machine on and log out to login and change users. But as I said before I've hit a brick wall. I got not an idea of what I... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: merlin
4 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Auto Login

Hey all, I'm trying to configure a system so when it reboots it'll automatically log as a user I have selected. I've never done this nor' as I to sure on how to. This is teh best I have found on teh web and well I've changed a few things. but does anyone who has done this know if it'll work... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: merlin
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

UNIX Auto-login

I am trying to bypass the login screen when the system boots and auto-login to open windows. I believe I need to modify the S99dtlogin but I don't know what to add/modify. Has anyone ever created an auto-login for Solaris 8? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: nvanduyne
1 Replies

4. Solaris

Auto Login to Open Windows

I am trying to bypass the login screen when the system boots and auto-login to open windows. I believe I need to modify the S99dtlogin but I don't know what to add/modify. Has anyone ever created an auto-login for Solaris 8? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: nvanduyne
1 Replies

5. HP-UX

Auto X when Login

Hi All, We have some HP unix servers and sometimes we logon there thru a dedicated Windows server that has Reflection X on it in case we need X. In this case we always need to export DISPLAY=winservername:0.0 I want to automate this thing in .profile file. If e.g. $TERM = hpterm (thru... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: BearCheese
2 Replies

6. Solaris

Auto login with SFTP

Hi All, How do you get around SFTP not having the 'cat' command to set up scripts to run cron jobs for passwords? I am use to the FTP allowing that, but we are converting to SFTP and need to be able to still run the same scripts in off hrs. Is there a way to still cat the password at the prompt... (14 Replies)
Discussion started by: wsiefkas
14 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

sftp auto login

Hi, I looked into lot of posts on this question but i could not figure out the solution. we are using the following ftp shell program to send the file to target server. #!/usr/bin/ksh ftp -n -i<<EOF 2>&1 open <target server ip> user <username> <pwd> lcd /sc/doc/prd/FCSTP put file1.txt... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: srrao.ch
3 Replies

8. Windows & DOS: Issues & Discussions

auto login script

can any one help me for auto login bat file from windows to unix,to check the server daily.. Thanks Mohan (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: mohankasi
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

issue while auto login using .ssh for HPUX

Hi, While trying to supress password prompt using ssh. I have added .ssh folder manually and generated public key and added to authorized_keys file in the remote machine. But still it's prompting for passwords with the following message: Permission denied... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: 116@434
5 Replies

10. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Putty Auto Login

Hello All , Requiremnt : i want to login to putty automatically and change the settings like i want , for ex : changing the "lines of scrollback" , " under colors , want to check to checkmark the option use system colors" . Like this i want to do . I have a bash file created to login . But... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: radha254
2 Replies
XRLOGIN(1)						      General Commands Manual							XRLOGIN(1)

NAME
xrlogin - start an xterm that uses ssh (or optionally rlogin or telnet) to connect to a remote host SYNOPSIS
xrlogin [-l username] [-rlogin|-telnet] [xterm options] remote-host DESCRIPTION
Xrlogin opens an xterm window and runs ssh, rlogin or telnet to login to a remote host. Xrlogin automatically passes the -name argument to xterm with a value of "xterm-hostname" where hostname is the name of the remote host. This allows the user to specify resources in their server's resource manager which are specific to xterms from a given host. For example, this feature can be used to make all xterm windows to a given remote host be the same color or use a specific font or start up in a spe- cific place on the screen. Xrsh(1) passes the same string so they are compatible in this regard. Xrlogin specifies that the default title for the new xterm will be "hostname" where hostname is the name of the remote host. This and the -name argument above can be overridden with xterm-options on the command line. One could also use xrlogin's sister command xrsh(1) to open a window to a remote host. In the case of xrsh, the xterm would run on the remote host and use X as the connection protocol while xrlogin would run the xterm on the local host and use rlogin or telnet as the con- nection protocol. See xrsh(1) for a discussion of the merits of each scheme. OPTIONS
-l username When not using -telnet, use username as the id to login to the remote host. -rlogin Use the rlogin protocol to open the connection. In general rlogin is preferred because it can be configured to not prompt the user for a password. Rlogin also automatically propagates window size change signals (SIGWINCH) to the remote host so that applications running there will learn of a new window size. -telnet Use the -telnet protocol to open the connection. Use of telnet provided mostly for hosts that don't support rlogin. COMMON PROBLEMS
Make sure that the local host is specified in the .rhosts file on the remote host or in the remote hosts /etc/hosts.equiv file. See rlogin(1) for more information. EXAMPLES
xrlogin -bg red yoda Start a local red xterm which connects to the remote host yoda using rlogin. xrlogin -telnet c70 Open a local xterm which connects to the remote host c70 using telnet. SEE ALSO
xrsh(1), rlogin(1), telnet(1) AUTHOR
James J. Dempsey <jjd@jjd.com> and Stephen Gildea <gildea@intouchsys.com>. X Version 11 Release 6 XRLOGIN(1)