Sponsored Content
Special Forums Windows & DOS: Issues & Discussions Error opening script file - location error Post 302394183 by methyl on Wednesday 10th of February 2010 05:31:00 PM
Old 02-10-2010
FTP means File Transfer Protocol. It is used for transferring file from one node to another place. The fundamental parameters to FTP are: Destination Server Address, Username, Password, file type (ASCIII/Binary), Source Filename, Destination Filename.

Your batch file contains multiple syntax and logic errors on every line.
It is not possible based on the evidence presented to determine what the MSDOS Batch File is intended to do.

Ignoring syntax etc. what do it the MSDOS Batch File intended to do?
Hints:
What is the Network name of the destination Server?
What is the ftp username and password? (don't post real ones).
What is the format of the file (ASCII/Binary)?
What is the name of the source file?
What is the name of the destination file?

Last edited by methyl; 02-10-2010 at 07:18 PM.. Reason: Remove comment

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

error while opening files in a directory

I tried opening the files in a directory and print thier names. But it was thowing the error "unable to open directorty at t5.pl line 2." Can u plz correct this error in below mentioned code. #!/data/scoredev/perl opendir(HOMEDIR,"c:\vin") || die("unable to open directorty");... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: vinay123
3 Replies

2. Programming

Error found while opening any pdf file from IE 6

Hello All, My application is followed J2ee architecture. It contains Java and jsp codes. This application generates some reports in pdf format. I am using Weblogic 10.3 and jdk 6. While I want to open the pdf in IE 6 with service pack 2 , the pdf not showing properly. It comes in byte code.... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: priyankak
3 Replies

3. Windows & DOS: Issues & Discussions

error opening website

hi I have unusual problem you might say. I can't open microsoft.com , I've checked file hosts located somewhere in windows/system32/drivers .. and its not blocked from there, what else could cause this problem, I need to download microsoft visual studio and I can't cause I can't open the website,... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: c0mrade
1 Replies

4. Programming

Error in opening a file C++

Hi, I have written a function which will open the file with the input name provided.Input name is in string format so while opening I am converting it using c_str().detail code below Plz let me know what is the wrong in code. 1 #include<iostream> 2 #include<fstream> 3 ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: forstudy3
4 Replies

5. Solaris

Very Importan - Vim Settings - Error while opening a File using vim

I downloaded vim.7.2 and compiled the vim source . Added the vim binary path to PATH (Because iam not the root of the box) when i load the file using vim it throws me an error Error detected while processing /home2/e3003091/.vimrc: line 2: E185: Cannot find color scheme darkblue line... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: girija
0 Replies

6. Solaris

Error opening PAM libraries : solaris 10 on vmware workstation

Hi Admins, I am facing an issue with Solaris 10 sitting on vmware workstation... When I start it, it gives me an error : "Error opening PAM libraries, contact system administrator" Also I can reach it via putty, but none of the id/passwd working. I did revert pam.conf. But still no... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: snchaudhari2
2 Replies

7. AIX

Error opening device: /dev/fscsi0

Hello, One one of my AIX boxes I'm having the following errror: fcstat fcs0: Port Speed (supported): 4 GBIT Error opening device: /dev/fscsi0 errno: 0000003d Has anyone encountered similar errors? Thank you! (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: aixn00b
1 Replies

8. Solaris

Library error while opening firefox

I have Solaris-10 zone, where I can open firefox in GUI via MobaXterm with root user, but when I try to open it with non root user, it fails with below error $ which firefox /usr/bin/firefox $ firefox ld.so.1: firefox-bin: fatal: relocation error: file... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: solaris_1977
6 Replies

9. AIX

Opening a file in vi editor is giving out of memory error

Below is the error: Out of memory saving lines for undo - try using ed : Please help me how do I open this file. Best regards, Vishal (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Vishal_dba
5 Replies

10. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

LibGL error when opening GUI version of MATLAB

Hi all, Today, I have a question regarding a libGL error. Currently, I access linux server by using the terminal application in MAC. However, when I try to use GUI version of MATLAB, I have faced an error message as shown below. libGL error: No matching fbConfigs or visuals found libGL... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: syg3434
1 Replies
ncftpls(1)						      General Commands Manual							ncftpls(1)

NAME
ncftpls - Internet file transfer program for scripts SYNOPSIS
ncftpls [options] ftp://url.style/host/path/name/ OPTIONS
Command line flags: -1 Most basic format, one item per line. -l Long list format. -R Long list format, recurse subdirectories. Equivalent to "-x -lR". -x -XX Additional ls flags to pass on to the server. -u XX Use username XX instead of anonymous. -p XX Use password XX with the username. -P XX Use port number XX instead of the default FTP service port (21). -d XX Use the file XX for debug logging. -t XX Timeout after XX seconds. -E Use regular (PORT) data connections. -F Use passive (PASV) data connections. The default is to use passive, but to fallback to regular if the passive connection fails or times out. -r XX Redial a maximum of XX times until connected to the remote FTP server. -W XX Send raw FTP command XX after logging in. -X XX Send raw FTP command XX after each file transferred. -Y XX Send raw FTP command XX before logging out. The -W, -X, and -Y options are useful for advanced users who need to tweak behavior on some servers. For example, users accessing mainframes might need to send some special SITE commands to set blocksize and record format information. For these options, you can use them multiple times each if you need to send multiple commands. For the -X option, you can use the cookie %s to expand into the name of the file that was transferred. DESCRIPTION
The purpose of ncftpls is to do remote directory listings using the File Transfer Protocol without entering an interactive shell. This lets you write shell scripts or other unattended processes that can do FTP. The default behavior is to print the directory listing in columnized format (i.e. ls -CF), but that is not very useful for scripting. This example uses the -1 flag, to print one file per line: $ ncftpls -1 ftp://ftp.ncftp.com/pub/ncftp/ You can also do a remote "ls -l", by using "ncftpls -l". If you want to try other flags, you have to use them with the -x flag. For exam- ple, if you wanted to do a remote "ls -lrt", you could do this: $ ncftpls -x "-lrt" ftp://ftp.ncftp.com/pub/ncftp/ By default the program tries to open the remote host and login anonymously, but you can specify a username and password information like you can with ncftpget or ncftpput. DIAGNOSTICS
ncftpls returns the following exit values: 0 Success. 1 Could not connect to remote host. 2 Could not connect to remote host - timed out. 3 Transfer failed. 4 Transfer failed - timed out. 5 Directory change failed. 6 Directory change failed - timed out. 7 Malformed URL. 8 Usage error. 9 Error in login configuration file. 10 Library initialization failed. 11 Session initialization failed. AUTHOR
Mike Gleason, NcFTP Software (mgleason@ncftp.com). SEE ALSO
ncftpput(1), ncftpget(1), ncftp(1), ftp(1), rcp(1), tftp(1). LibNcFTP (http://www.ncftp.com/libncftp/). ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +--------------------+-----------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +--------------------+-----------------+ |Availability | SUNWncftp | +--------------------+-----------------+ |Interface Stability | Volatile | +--------------------+-----------------+ NOTES
Source for ncftp is available on http://opensolaris.org. Software NcFTP ncftpls(1)