Sponsored Content
Special Forums IP Networking Can not access Linux server over the Internet Post 302392703 by Neo on Friday 5th of February 2010 07:07:18 AM
Old 02-05-2010
Only the last octet of the IP address is dynamic. Work with the first three octets first. Get a minimal baseline going and keep it simple.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Linux for an internet server to an ISP

I just moved away from a T3 line back to a dial up I just wanted to know would a P200 with 64meg and a 4 gig hard drive be ok for a linux server for an additional 3 pcs all running win98. I will be dialing into an isp using a 56k v90 modem. Any support or help will be great. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: izrailov
3 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

TomCat access in an Remote Linux Server

Hi all, I Installed Tomcat in an remote linux server (/usr/tomcat)and start service, using ./startup.sh (and tried with ./catalina.sh too). //----------------------------------------------------------------// # ./startup.sh Using CATALINA_BASE: /usr/tomcat/apache-tomcat-6.0.16/ Using... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: gothama
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Access to particular IP's from the solaris/LINUX server

Hi All, I have a scenario here where in I need to allow a user from the server(Solaris or LINUX) to be able to ssh to a particular set of IP's. Eg:user1 should be able to access IP's 10.26.32.2,10.26.32.7,10.26.32.9 user2 should be able to access IP's 10.1.1.2,10.1.1.4(just an example) ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: pk123
2 Replies

4. IP Networking

Access Unix server over the Internet

:(:confused: i am going to ask a silly question. is it possible to setup a unix server at home. once i have setup successfully, can i provide access to that server via internet. i do not have any commercial intent, behind this. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: sudhiroracle
3 Replies

5. IP Networking

Does my provider limit my internet access or somesites access?

Hi Good Day, i would like to ask for further info about my problems experiencing this evening. Im a PPP0 connection in the internet using 3G located in asia pacific region.i had this problem this evening in my INTERNET connections that there are some sites i can't open example ( Gizmodo.com,... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: jao_madn
2 Replies

6. Solaris

Can't access NFS Share on Solaris Server from a Linux Client

Hi, I am trying to access a NFS shared directory on Solaris 10 Server from a client which is RHEL 4 Server. On the NFS Server, in /etc/dfs/, I added following line to dfstab file. & then ran the following On the client machine, while running the mount command, I am... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: SunilB2011
0 Replies

7. Red Hat

Unable to access NFS share on Solaris Server from Linux client

Hi, I am trying to access a NFS shared directory on Solaris 10 Server from a client which is RHEL 4 Server. On the NFS Server, in /etc/dfs/, I added following line to dfstab file. share -F nfs -o rw /var/share & then ran the following svcadm -v enable -r... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: SunilB2011
3 Replies

8. Red Hat

Access Linux server from windows

I can access the linux server in my company from my desktop windows explorer. I guess samba is working. Please see the images. http://imageshack.us/a/img854/7106/9yvl.png I have a few questions. I don't have the linux account and I have never accessed it from shell. Is my windows login... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: zhshqzyc
1 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Linux/UNIX Server won't connect to Internet

I know nothing about Linux/Unix. The fact that it is Linux/Unix is what someone told me the server is. It has been set up with the work stations in my home and would connect to the internet (DSL) and work with the other stations. We now have an actual office that does not have DSL, but rather has... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: BgDunbar
2 Replies

10. Proxy Server

How to use Squid on Linux to control certain IP to access Web Server and certain IP cannot access?

Dear all experts here, :) I would like to install a proxy server on Linux server to perform solely to control the access of Web server. In this case, some of my vendor asked me to try Squid and I have installed it onto my Linux server. I would like know how can I set the configuration to... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: kwliew999
1 Replies
CKSUM(1)						    BSD General Commands Manual 						  CKSUM(1)

NAME
cksum, sum -- display file checksums and block counts SYNOPSIS
cksum [-o 1 | 2 | 3] [file ...] sum [file ...] DESCRIPTION
The cksum utility writes to the standard output three whitespace separated fields for each input file. These fields are a checksum CRC, the total number of octets in the file and the file name. If no file name is specified, the standard input is used and no file name is written. The sum utility is identical to the cksum utility, except that it defaults to using historic algorithm 1, as described below. It is provided for compatibility only. The options are as follows: -o Use historic algorithms instead of the (superior) default one. Algorithm 1 is the algorithm used by historic BSD systems as the sum(1) algorithm and by historic AT&T System V UNIX systems as the sum(1) algorithm when using the -r option. This is a 16-bit checksum, with a right rotation before each addition; overflow is dis- carded. Algorithm 2 is the algorithm used by historic AT&T System V UNIX systems as the default sum(1) algorithm. This is a 32-bit checksum, and is defined as follows: s = sum of all bytes; r = s % 2^16 + (s % 2^32) / 2^16; cksum = (r % 2^16) + r / 2^16; Algorithm 3 is what is commonly called the '32bit CRC' algorithm. This is a 32-bit checksum. Both algorithm 1 and 2 write to the standard output the same fields as the default algorithm except that the size of the file in bytes is replaced with the size of the file in blocks. For historic reasons, the block size is 1024 for algorithm 1 and 512 for algorithm 2. Partial blocks are rounded up. The default CRC used is based on the polynomial used for CRC error checking in the networking standard ISO/IEC 8802-3:1989. The CRC checksum encoding is defined by the generating polynomial: G(x) = x^32 + x^26 + x^23 + x^22 + x^16 + x^12 + x^11 + x^10 + x^8 + x^7 + x^5 + x^4 + x^2 + x + 1 Mathematically, the CRC value corresponding to a given file is defined by the following procedure: The n bits to be evaluated are considered to be the coefficients of a mod 2 polynomial M(x) of degree n-1. These n bits are the bits from the file, with the most significant bit being the most significant bit of the first octet of the file and the last bit being the least significant bit of the last octet, padded with zero bits (if necessary) to achieve an integral number of octets, followed by one or more octets representing the length of the file as a binary value, least significant octet first. The smallest number of octets capable of representing this integer are used. M(x) is multiplied by x^32 (i.e., shifted left 32 bits) and divided by G(x) using mod 2 division, producing a remainder R(x) of degree <= 31. The coefficients of R(x) are considered to be a 32-bit sequence. The bit sequence is complemented and the result is the CRC. EXIT STATUS
The cksum and sum utilities exit 0 on success, and >0 if an error occurs. SEE ALSO
md5(1) The default calculation is identical to that given in pseudo-code in the following ACM article. Dilip V. Sarwate, "Computation of Cyclic Redundancy Checks Via Table Lookup", Communications of the ACM, August 1988. STANDARDS
The cksum utility is expected to conform to IEEE Std 1003.2-1992 (``POSIX.2''). HISTORY
The cksum utility appeared in 4.4BSD. BSD
April 28, 1995 BSD