Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: To set quota on a folder
Operating Systems Linux Red Hat To set quota on a folder Post 302392609 by jredx on Friday 5th of February 2010 02:05:59 AM
Old 02-05-2010
Thanks fpmurphy, I will check your idea. Looks like it will work.

royalliege, you suggestion will set quota on a user. not on a subdirectory.

Thanks guys for your replies.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Quota

I'm new to Unix and I'm trying to determin how much space I have on this system. the box is dedicated to Oracle and I log in as the oracle user and type quota. It retrunes nothing. Then I log on as root and type quota -v oracle.. It returns nothing! Gosh this is actually a solaris 5.7 box. ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jarthda
1 Replies

2. Linux

How to set user quota

I've a redhat 9.0 and I want to set a user quota. but the question is where should I start from and How ??? :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: KaiXiang
2 Replies

3. Solaris

Set quota on directories

Hi all, Is it possible to set a quota on subfolders? I understand it can be set on file system level, how bout on individual folders? Thanks. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: *Jess*
1 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Quota Problem

Hi all! I'm a user of Debian Etch. I've problem with my accoun't quota. After I removed all of my files from my home directory, and typed: du -hs It showed me: 76K . But when I used quota command, it showed me: Disk quotas for user X (uid *********): Filesystem blocks quota ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: mjdousti
2 Replies

5. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Quota threshold

Hi, I am trying to make a script in which the user is notified once the disk space of the environment increases a particular threshold. I have made a script for it but I am facing an error while executing it. Could any one here guide me further?? Script #!/bin/sh warninglimit=350000... (22 Replies)
Discussion started by: Taranjeet Singh
22 Replies

6. Red Hat

User quota

Hi, I want to apply the user quota, but i am unable to apply the quota to user. Kindly provide the guide line, so that i can sortout the problem. Step 1: Create partion on device #fdisk /dev/sda (because hard disk is scsi) #n (new partition table) i.e /dev/sda8. #p ( to print the partition... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: sahu.tapan
2 Replies

7. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Set ACL automatically for new folder/objects

Hi, In our bank production environment - IBM AIX 5.3, we have a particular parent folder inside which an application creates temporary folders & files. These temp folders exist for the lifetime of the user session within the application and then get deleted automatically. Since these temp... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: deepaksinbox
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

want to move set of file from one folder to another folder

Hi all, let me explain my requirments i am having 5 folder with different name for eg) abc , cdf , efd, rtg, ead each 5 folders contain 15 files i want to move 10 files to some other folder, remain 5 files should be there in the same folder. give me some suggestion on this. (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: natraj005
6 Replies

9. Red Hat

Setting quota

I would like to set quota for ALL USERS on a particular filesystem and the quota to be set for NEWLY CREATED USERS also. I am not sure, whether my question is clear. I can set quota for all users but my requirement is, I want the same quota to be set automatically for the user which is going... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: atanubanerji
2 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Set hard block limit for user using quota

hi all, i have installed quota on my centos 7 machine and its what im after (setting size limit on users, so they cant fill the hard drive) i want to now make this part of my create user script for my sftp server so i want to do a echo and a read command so i capture the limit they enter... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: robertkwild
0 Replies
RMF(1)								     [nmh-1.5]								    RMF(1)

NAME
rmf - remove an nmh folder SYNOPSIS
rmf [+folder] [-interactive | -nointeractive] [-version] [-help] DESCRIPTION
Rmf removes all of the messages (files) within the specified (or default) folder, and then removes the folder (directory) itself. If there are any files within the folder which are not a part of nmh, they will not be removed, and an error will be produced. If the folder is given explicitly or the -nointeractive option is given, then the folder will be removed without confirmation. Otherwise, the user will be asked for confirmation. If rmf can't find the current folder, for some reason, the folder to be removed defaults to `+inbox' (unless overridden by user's profile entry "Inbox") with confirmation. If the folder being removed is a subfolder, the parent folder will become the new current folder, and rmf will produce a message telling the user this has happened. This provides an easy mechanism for selecting a set of messages, operating on the list, then removing the list and returning to the current folder from which the list was extracted. If rmf s used on a read-only folder, it will delete all the (private) sequences (i.e., "atr-seq-folder" entries) for this folder from your context without affecting the folder itself. Rmf irreversibly deletes messages that don't have other links, so use it with caution. FILES
$HOME/.mh_profile The user profile PROFILE COMPONENTS
Path: To determine the user's nmh directory Current-Folder: To find the default current folder Inbox: To find the default inbox SEE ALSO
rmm(1) DEFAULTS
`+folder' defaults to the current folder, usually with confirmation `-interactive' if +folder' not given, `-nointeractive' otherwise CONTEXT
Rmf will set the current folder to the parent folder if a subfolder is removed; or if the current folder is removed, it will make "inbox" current. Otherwise, it doesn't change the current folder or message. BUGS
Although intuitively one would suspect that rmf works recursively, it does not. Hence if you have a sub-folder within a folder, in order to rmf the parent, you must first rmf each of the children. MH.6.8 11 June 2012 RMF(1)