Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting HELP Need in SED/PERL conditional line replacement Post 302391413 by robin.r888 on Monday 1st of February 2010 09:12:58 AM
Old 02-01-2010
One more problem now.

Is it possible to pass $values to awk command .
Code:
awk -F"|" '$2=="BBB"{$3=var}1' OFS="|" var="NewValue" file

say here I have to variable s="BBB" va="CCC" But I am not able to replace in awk like below

Code:
awk -F"|" '$2=="$s"{$3=var}1' OFS="|" var="$va" file

Is it possible to replace like above

Last edited by Franklin52; 02-01-2010 at 10:45 AM.. Reason: Please use code tags!

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Replacement of sed with perl

Hi using the below cmd i am identifying wheether last character in each line in thousands of files as semicolon or not.If last character is semicolon i am removing semicolon .If last character is not semicolon then i am appending next line to present line . For example my input file consists of... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: dbsurf
4 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

sed conditional string replace for each line

Hi all, I appreciate the enormous amount of knowledge that flows in this forum. I am an average UNIX user. I have many files with lines like the below. I have separated each line with space for ease of reading. I need to replace the first occurance of "/00" with null on those lines that have... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Nanu_Manju
6 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

sed xml file multiple line replacement

I have a file called config.xml, it's a simple xml file, and I need use sed/awk to erase some lines. <machine xsi:type="unix-machineType"> <name>server1</name> <node-manager> <name>server1</name> <listen-address>server1</listen-address> </node-manager> ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: cbo0485
3 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Conditional tab replacement sed/awk

Hi I am struggling to find a solutions to this problem: I have a directory full of files and I wish to: read each line of each file and if any one line in those files is longer than 72 characters I want to replace any tab characters with a space character. Ive been... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: benackland
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

conditional replacement

Hi all, I need a bash, sed, awk script or one liner to do the following task: This is the format of a text file: 2010-06-11 20:01 902656 HOP-W-100412-1.doc 2010-11-05 18:01 364447 NEX-W-101104-1 2010-07-06 10:01 64512 Cerintele 2010-07-06 10:01 599420 content 2010-07-19 14:01 1785344... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: supervazi
7 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Conditional replacement of a delimiter

Hello, I'm new to this forum but this seems like the place to ask this question. I have a pipe delimited data file with the fields except for the header being encased in double quotes. I found out that some of the fields have an trash pipe within the data itself. I'd like to conditionally... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: samahs
4 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl: Conditional replace based on previous and current value in a line

I need to read the contents of a file. Then I need to grep for a keyword and replace part of the grepped line based on the condition of previous and present line. Example input file: V { port1 = P; port2 = 0; shift_port = P0; /* if next shift_port is P0 I need... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: naveen@
9 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

sed replacement in file when line is in a variable

Hi, I have a file where I want to replace the 15th field separated by comma, only on specific lines matching lots of different conditions. I have managed to read the file line by line, within the loop my line is held in a variable called $line I assume this will be using sed (maybe... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: jpt123
5 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

sed conditional \n replace for each line

How could be removed \n only if appearing at position 80 in the line? (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: RomanF
4 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Conditional replacement in CSV files

Hello, I have many CSV files with variable number of rows and columns. Sample of few problematic CSV files. ,,Price,Price,Price,Price,Price,Price,Price,Price,Price,Qty Date,Sl,AAA,BBB,CCC,DDD,EEE,FFF,GGG,HHH,PriQueue,%busy 30/07/2014,1,AAA,BBB,CCC,DDD,EEE,FFF,GGG,HHH,NA,0... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: reddyr
8 Replies
XcmsCCCOfColormap(3)						  XLIB FUNCTIONS					      XcmsCCCOfColormap(3)

NAME
XcmsCCCOfColormap, XcmsSetCCCOfColormap - query and modify CCC of a colormap SYNTAX
XcmsCCC XcmsCCCOfColormap(Display *display, Colormap colormap); XcmsCCC XcmsSetCCCOfColormap(Display *display, Colormap colormap, XcmsCCC ccc); ARGUMENTS
display Specifies the connection to the X server. ccc Specifies the CCC. colormap Specifies the colormap. DESCRIPTION
The XcmsCCCOfColormap function returns the CCC associated with the specified colormap. Once obtained, the CCC attributes can be queried or modified. Unless the CCC associated with the specified colormap is changed with XcmsSetCCCOfColormap, this CCC is used when the specified colormap is used as an argument to color functions. The XcmsSetCCCOfColormap function changes the CCC associated with the specified colormap. It returns the CCC previously associated with the colormap. If they are not used again in the application, CCCs should be freed by calling XcmsFreeCCC. Several colormaps may share the same CCC without restriction; this includes the CCCs generated by Xlib with each colormap. Xlib, however, creates a new CCC with each new colormap. SEE ALSO
DisplayOfCCC(3), XcmsConvertColors(3), XcmsCreateCCC(3), XcmsDefaultCCC(3), XcmsSetWhitePoint(3) Xlib - C Language X Interface X Version 11 libX11 1.5.0 XcmsCCCOfColormap(3)