Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Fedora 11 crashing help
Operating Systems Linux Red Hat Fedora 11 crashing help Post 302391059 by 1jnike on Saturday 30th of January 2010 04:03:58 AM
Old 01-30-2010
Java

Hi ippy98,

You may have to check the log files, located under /var/log/messages. This is a good place to start.

I hope this is of help.

Jnike

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Programming

dlclose crashing in 64bit

Hi I have a 64bit C++ dynamic component built using Sun Forte compiler(CC) on one server. I am opening this shared component using dlopen and checking if a particular function is defined or not. After that, when I am closing the component using dlclose, the program is crashing. The... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: ajphaj
3 Replies

2. Programming

c++ class keeps crashing

i just started learning to prog in c++, im using netbeans. i tryed to make a class and i keep getting this error. what am i doing wrong ? ----------------------------- class test { public: int funtime(); private: int time; }; int test::funtime()... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: akira300
4 Replies

3. Linux

Dual Boot Win XP And Fedora with Fedora Installed First

Hi everyone, I hope this question goes here. Anyways, I have a unique situation where my friend's comp has Fedora installed and wants to add Win XP as a dual boot without formatting the drive. Is it possible to create a partition on the current hard drive and then install win xp? I couldn't find... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: eltinator
4 Replies

4. Solaris

Solaris 10 crashing

Hi, My system is crashing with following error .. i tried to boot from the network and unencapsulated the root disk from SVM .. but still not able to boot the box , can any one point me to some direction .. i do not want to build the box new as of now just want to troubleshoot if possible.. ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: fugitive
3 Replies

5. Red Hat

fedora grub help, moving to tri boot (XP, ubuntu, fedora soemething)

I will shortly be adding a fedora flavor to my devel box. I currently have XP (installed first on an ssd), ubuntu 10.04 (installed second on the first partition of a platter drive), and I want to add either Cent or SL on the second partition of the platter drive. I will probably also want to... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: LMHmedchem
0 Replies

6. Programming

Why this C program is crashing?

Hi, Why I am getting 'SIGSEGV' in the following code? char* p="abcde"; printf("%s", 3); // Segmentation Fault (core dump) Kindly help me to understand what exactly makes the program to crash or the reason for the crashing. (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: royalibrahim
7 Replies

7. Web Development

MySQL Server Crashing need Help

Hi, we have some problem with mysql high cpu , would like some help with MySQL Tuning here are the mysqltuner & tuning-primer details mysqltuner: # mysqltuner >> MySQLTuner 1.1.1 - Major Hayden <major@mhtx.net> >> Run with '--help' for additional options and output filtering --------... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: cataplexy
1 Replies

8. UNIX and Linux Applications

Firefox crashing

Firefox keeps on crashing every time I try to run it. I tried to create a new profile with no luck. When I try to open up the profile manager firefox crashes. I even deleted my profile folder and tried to start with a new profile. That did not work either. I don't know what the problem could be. I... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: cokedude
6 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Random Crashing

Over the last month or so my CentOS server has been crashing for reasons I do not know. It has been running for over a year with regular yum updates without problems. The load on the server is perfectly normal with CPU usage at 5-6% and RAM usage at less than half of 32GB of RAM (multiple smaller... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: spinner0205
3 Replies
XtSetKeyboardFocus()													      XtSetKeyboardFocus()

Name
  XtSetKeyboardFocus - redirect keyboard input to a widget.

Synopsis
  void XtSetKeyboardFocus(subtree descendant)
	 Widget subtree, descendant;

Inputs
  subtree   Specifies  the  widget to be considered the root of the subtree for which the keyboard focus is to be set.	Must be of class Core
	    or any subclass thereof.

descendant
	    Specifies a normal (non-popup) descendant of subtree to which keyboard events are to be redirected, or None.   May	be  of	class
	    Object or any subclass thereof.

Description
  XtSetKeyboardFocus() causes XtDispatchEvent() to remap keyboard events that occur within the widget hierarchy rooted at subtree and to dis-
  patch them to descendant.  If descendant is not a subclass of Core, it is replaced by its closest  windowed  ancestor.   If  descendant  is
  None, keyboard events within subtree will be dispatched normally.

When subtree or one of its descendants acquires the X keyboard focus, or the pointer moves into the subtree such that keyboard events would
  now be delivered to subtree, a FocusIn event is generated for descendant if FocusChange events have been  selected  by  descendant.	Simi-
  larly, when subtree loses the X keyboard focus or the keyboard focus for one of its ancestors, a FocusOut event is generated for descendant
  if FocusChange events have been selected by descendant.

For more details on how events are dispatched after a call to XtSetKeyboardFocus(), see XtDispatchEvent().

Usage
  XtSetKeyboardFocus() does not call the Xlib function XSetInputFocus(); it simply causes the Intrinsics to dispatch events differently.  For
  most applications, this approach is preferred over the more heavy-handed Xlib function.

Example
  If  a  dialog  box  contains a Label widget, some Button widgets, and a single Text widget for input, it is good style to allow the user to
  enter text into the dialog when the mouse is anywhere over the dialog, not only when the mouse is over the Text widget itself.  This can be
  arranged with code like the following:

Widget shell, box, text, prompt, ok_button, cancel_button;

XtPopup(shell, XtGrabExclusive);
     XtSetKeyboardFocus(box, text);

After  this  call  to  XtSetKeyboardFocus(), whenever the dialog box gets the X input focus (for example, when the mouse moves into it) all
  keyboard events will be redirected at the text widget.

See Also
  XtAddGrab(1), XtDispatchEvent(1).

Xt - Keyboard Handling													      XtSetKeyboardFocus()