Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users Change the putty code to get machine and user name from a file Post 302390570 by dday on Thursday 28th of January 2010 09:54:49 AM
Old 01-28-2010
Ahh, you are correct. I was thinking he didn't want to put in the user and password, but he does. That will work well. Smilie

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

scp from user A in machine 1 to user B in machine 2

Hi all, would like to find out how can i scp a file from user A in one host to user B in another host? i know how to get it done if its from user A in machine 1 to user A in machine 2. 1)on machine 1, generate a key pair. put the private key in the .ssh directory. 2)put the public key in... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: new2ss
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Change putty title window?

Is it possible to change the putty window title from a Unix command line? (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: akbar
12 Replies

3. Solaris

putty to change screen colours

Can any one tell me how to change the screen colors of the screen when connected unix using putty. I tryed setting from colors but it's not happening (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: svenkatareddy
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Change user on remote machine and execute script!

Hi, I need to login into remote server and execute a shell script over there. As of now i am making use of ssh command ssh primUser@135.254.242.2 sh /poll.sh I am logging in as primUser but unless i change the user to root the script execution on the remote machine is not possible. ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: goutham4u
5 Replies

5. Homework & Coursework Questions

Simulate a ATM (cash machine) on UNIX(Putty) using scritps

Use and complete the template provided. The entire template must be completed. If you don't, your post may be deleted! 1. The problem statement, all variables and given/known data: I need to create a simple ATM (Cash machine simulation in unix) which shows a welcome screen, then a login screen... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: oobla01
2 Replies

6. Solaris

Putty : Change default settings (solved)

Hi, I use to work on solaris via putty and always on session start - i use to increase the font to 14 bold - capture session output to a file my requirement) to make these changes permanent, so that i need not to change the settings everytime i connect via putty please advice. ... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: saurabh84g
0 Replies

7. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Change the window name for putty

Hi everyone , Happy new year ! I have a question , hope someone will respond to me . I will be logging into so many servers in the same putty . So , whenever i loggedoff and loggedin into anonther server , putty window will change accordingly to the server name . If the above is... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: radha254
7 Replies

8. Ubuntu

Login from putty in wndows7 to connect ubuntu machine

hi, i have ubuntu installed on windows 7. I am trying to connecting to ubuntu from windows 7 using putty but it is giving network problem. I am trying to connect with ip address Thanks (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: diehard
9 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Change putty title name

Hello all, I have a not so unix question for you guys(or maybe it is). I use PUTTY to login to serverA (my putty title shows as serverA.domainname.com) Now from ServerA i do ssh user@ServerB (i have ssh public private key setup)... now my question is when i do ssh and logon to... (20 Replies)
Discussion started by: abdul.irfan2
20 Replies

10. AIX

putty background colour change in vi editor

Hello, I have a problem with my putty session when i use the vi editor or when i do dbaccess on an Informix database. Suddenly the background and foreground colour of my terminal change and it makes it difficult for me to see whats on the screen. Why this is happening? Is there a way to keep... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: omonoiatis9
2 Replies
NWAUTH(1)							      nwauth								 NWAUTH(1)

NAME
nwauth - Verify username/password SYNOPSIS
nwauth [ -h ] [ -S server ] [ -U user name ] [ -P password | -n ] [ -D ] DESCRIPTION
nwauth does nothing but logging into a NetWare server. If the login was successful, an error code of 0 is returned. If the login was not successful, an error code of 1 is returned. It was designed for use by other programs who want authenticate users via a NetWare server. If there is no -P or -n option specified on command line, nwauth always expects a password on stdin. If the stdin is a tty, then the user is prompted for a password. Otherwise nwauth simply reads stdin for a password. nwauth looks up the file $HOME/.nwclient to find a file server and a user name if they are not specified on command line. See nwclient(5) for more information. Please note that the access permissions of .nwclient MUST be 600, for security reasons. OPTIONS
-h -h is used to print a short help text. -S server server is the name of the server you want to use. -U user name If the user name your NetWare administrator gave to you differs from your unix user-id, you should use -U to tell the server about your NetWare user name. -D nwauth says that your password is correct if you have existing connection to server with name user name. This is handy for some shell scripts, but it is unacceptable for authorization modules, such as PAM, PHP or Apache. It was pointed to me that this behavior was not well known, and there exist at least one PAM module which does not know that (this module is not part of ncpfs; you should use PAM mod- ule which comes with ncpfs instead anyway). SEE ALSO
nwclient(5) CREDITS
nwauth was written by Volker Lendecke (lendecke@math.uni-goettingen.de) nwauth 10/27/1996 NWAUTH(1)