Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Update Solaris patch
Operating Systems Solaris Update Solaris patch Post 302390540 by incredible on Thursday 28th of January 2010 08:32:01 AM
Old 01-28-2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by SmartAntz
erm... How to find the patchlog ?
You may want to check here:-
/var/sadm/install_data/<patchcluster name>_log

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Solaris

patch update instructions

Hi All, I need to update my solaris with a particular patch. When reading the instruction on the sun web site, I got this: Installation Requirements: Reboot immediately after installing this patch on an active boot environment to bring the system to a consistent state. An alternative may... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: itik
8 Replies

2. Solaris

patch update and break mirror

Hi All, How do you know if you need to break the mirror on solaris 8 patch update? Here's the patch example, 117350-54. On the site, it's just a low type update and not a medium or critical. Is breaking a mirror a best practice only or really a requirement to some patch? Thanks, itik (1 Reply)
1 Replies

3. Solaris

patch update with single user mode

Hi All, How do I execute patch update on a single user mode? Please give me the steps by step procedures? Is single user mode the same as run level 1? Thanks. (2 Replies)
2 Replies

4. High Performance Computing

verify patch update

Hi All, If I need to verify my solaris 8 with patch 110910-03 and I query the server below: #showrev -p | grep 'Patch: 110910-' Patch: 110910-01 Obsoletes: Requires: Incompatibles: Packages: SUNWcsu Do I still need to apply the patch if the older 110910-01 patch exist? Please... (5 Replies)
5 Replies

5. Linux

kernel patch update how to

Hi All, I need to update my redhatas4 kernel with kernel-2.6.9-67.0.20.EL.src.rpm. When I run this # rpm -ivh kernel-2.6.9-67.0.20.EL.src.rpm warning: user brewbuilder does not exist - using root warning: group brewbuilder does not exist - using root warning: user brewbuilder does... (2 Replies)
2 Replies

6. High Performance Computing

veritas cluster with kernel patch update

hi all, can someone please share their process on how to kernel patch a red hat ent 4 with veritas cluster 5? it's compose of a primary and backup node. the resources are db, disk, nic. it doesn't need to be detail, just give me the steps like: login to the backup node and update the... (0 Replies)
0 Replies

7. Solaris

sendmail failed after patch update

Hi, I was troubleshooting H/W issue on a Ultra 5 workstation, whereby the system kept rebooting. In the course of isolating the issue, I patched the system with the latest Recommended cluster patch for solaris 7. SInce then, sendmail is not working and am getting the following errors. Kindly check... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: incredible
6 Replies

8. Solaris

Patch update on sunfire 280R sparc for solaris 5.9

Hi, i just finished installing solaris 5.9 and I'm looking for the tools to tell me if i should update the patches or how to make sure that the current patches are ok? thanks (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: lamoul
2 Replies

9. Solaris

Solaris 10 10/09 (Update 8) Patch upgrade

Solaris 10 10/09 (Update 8) Patch upgrade can be done in single user mode? any suggestions.. thanks (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: chandravadrevu
2 Replies
GIT-QUILTIMPORT(1)						    Git Manual							GIT-QUILTIMPORT(1)

NAME
git-quiltimport - Applies a quilt patchset onto the current branch SYNOPSIS
git quiltimport [--dry-run | -n] [--author <author>] [--patches <dir>] DESCRIPTION
Applies a quilt patchset onto the current git branch, preserving the patch boundaries, patch order, and patch descriptions present in the quilt patchset. For each patch the code attempts to extract the author from the patch description. If that fails it falls back to the author specified with --author. If the --author flag was not given the patch description is displayed and the user is asked to interactively enter the author of the patch. If a subject is not found in the patch description the patch name is preserved as the 1 line subject in the git description. OPTIONS
-n, --dry-run Walk through the patches in the series and warn if we cannot find all of the necessary information to commit a patch. At the time of this writing only missing author information is warned about. --author Author Name <Author Email> The author name and email address to use when no author information can be found in the patch description. --patches <dir> The directory to find the quilt patches and the quilt series file. The default for the patch directory is patches or the value of the $QUILT_PATCHES environment variable. GIT
Part of the git(1) suite Git 1.7.10.4 11/24/2012 GIT-QUILTIMPORT(1)