Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: port mapping with fake ip
Top Forums UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users port mapping with fake ip Post 302389387 by adderek on Sunday 24th of January 2010 04:44:53 PM
Old 01-24-2010
I am not sure what is the purpose of this question, nor if you are going to use it in a legal way.
To change a local port to be coming from another IP - this is called tunelling. It is quite simple.
If you want to make this on some local machine then you need to mangle with the TCP/IP. There are multiple ways to achieve that. I would suggest Linux + IPTables + SNAT (Source NAT) which is exactly what you need. You might use google to find how to do a SourceNAT (SNAT) on other platforms and using some specific tools.

Short description of what SNAT might be:
"If a packet is going out from my PC from port 1234 then its source IP should be replaced to IP 5.6.7.8". It would be something like (might be wrong as I am not testing that): "iptables -A MANGLE -p tcp --sport 1234 -j SNAT --from-ip 5.6.7.8"

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. IP Networking

Routing, Port Mapping, Internet Sharing etc etc

I'm running OS X. (OS X Server actually) and right now I use a program called BrickHouse to handle my router configuration. But this program kind of sucks. I'd much rather learn how to configure these programs manually. By these programs, I mean the programs OS X comes with to handle these jobs... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: l008com
0 Replies

2. Linux

Fake System32 Folder

I read somewhere that you can create a fake system32 folder in linux where you can store the most common windows runtime libraries, that way you can install windows programs (using wine) directly in linux, what I meen is that even the installer works. Does anyone know how I can do this, and where... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Kimm
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Fake deletion of files

Hi, This is possibly an odd request to do with permissions as I seem to have tied myself up with these! I have the following directory (see below) that contains files that the 'usergrp' user needs to be able to 'delete' files from. drwxr-s--- 2 usergrp usergrp 512 16 Feb 14:37... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Peejay
2 Replies

4. IP Networking

port mapping

Hello to all! I am new to this interesting forum. My questions is not totally related to unix/linux systems, but I am not finding proper place where to make my question and this forum seems to be visited by experts and unix/linux experts are epxerts in everything My ISP has two kinds of... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: kallquk
1 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

fake network address....

Good morning! Why would having a fake network device be useful? Thanks in advance Bigben (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: bigben1220
0 Replies

6. IP Networking

What is a fake network device?

Thanks in advance! Ben (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: bigben1220
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Creating unique mapping from multiple mapping

Hello, I do not know if this is the right title to use. I have a large dictionary database which has the following structure: where a b c d e are in English and p q r s t are in a target language., the two separated by the delimiter =. What I am looking for is a perl script which will take... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: gimley
5 Replies

8. Solaris

How to find port number wwn of particular port on dual port HBA,?

please find the below o/p for your reference bash-3.00# fcinfo hba-port HBA Port WWN: 21000024ff295a34 OS Device Name: /dev/cfg/c2 Manufacturer: QLogic Corp. Model: 375-3356-02 Firmware Version: 05.03.02 FCode/BIOS Version: BIOS: 2.02; fcode: 2.01;... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: sb200
3 Replies
asadmin-list-instances(1AS)					   User Commands				       asadmin-list-instances(1AS)

NAME
asadmin-list-instances, list-instances - lists all the instances in the server SYNOPSIS
list-instances [--user admin_user] [--password admin_password] [--host localhost] [--port 4848] [--domain domain_name] [--local=false] [--passwordfile filename] [--secure|-s] Use the list-instances to list all the instance in the server. The list-instances command can be run both locally and remotely. To list remote instances, the named administration server must be running on the hostname and port number specified. The user authenticates using the password identified for the administration server. OPTIONS
--user administrative user associated for the instanace. --password administrative password corresponding to the administrative user. --host host name of the machine hosting the administrative instance. --port port number associated with the administrative host. --domain name of the domain. --local determines if the command should delegate the request to administrative instance or run locally. --passwordfile file containing passwords appropriate for the command (e.g., administrative instance). --secure if true, uses SSL/TLS to communicate with the administrative instance. Example 1: Using list-instances in local mode asadmin> list-instances --domain1 --local admin-server running server1 running Where: the server1 and admin-server instances for the domain1 domain is listed. Example 2: Using list-instances in remote mode asadmin> list-instances --user admin --passwordfile passwords.txt --host localhost --port 4848 server1 [mayank:80] running Where: the server1 instance associated with the specified user, passwords, host, and port number specified is listed for the remote machine. EXIT STATUS
0 command executed successfully 1 error in executing the command INTERFACE EQUIVALENT
Server Instance page asadmin-show-instance-status(1AS) J2EE 1.4 SDK March 2004 asadmin-list-instances(1AS)