Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Batch Renaming of Files
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Batch Renaming of Files Post 302388105 by gaurav1086 on Tuesday 19th of January 2010 12:27:52 PM
Old 01-19-2010
hi,

migrate to the directory where the files are.
then execute the command at the shell prompt.
It wouuld work.

regards,
gaurav

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Batch Renaming: Change files' extensions in many sub-directories

Hi all - I'm trying to rename a large number of files all at once and need some help figuring out the command line syntax to do it. I've already done quite a bit of research with the rename and mv commands, but so far haven't found a solution that seems to work for me. So: The files exist... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: dave920
10 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

batch renaming ...

hi all, given a path, for example : /<pwd>/artist/album/ what i would like to do is to rename the album directory like that : /<pwd>/artist/artist | album/ and i would like to do the latter for all the "artist" directories and for all the "album" directories that belong to an artist ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: OneDreamCloser
4 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

script for renaming a batch of files

hi i have a folder full of files. some of the names are quite off because the dimensions were the same and i had to put a 'b' after the initial number so that it didnt overwrite. what i want is a script in unix to overwrite the filwe name leaving some of the title intact, e.g. below are some... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: shabs1985
3 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Executing a batch of files within a shell script with option to refire the individual files in batch

Hello everyone. I am new to shell scripting and i am required to create a shell script, the purpose of which i will explain below. I am on a solaris server btw. Before delving into the requirements, i will give youse an overview of what is currently in place and its purpose. ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: goddevil
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

BASH Batch renaming insert additional zero into filename

Hi all, Wondering how this could be accomplished........ a directory contains sequentially numbered files from fw01 to fw999. How would I insert an additional zero so that the directory lists these files in a proper manner? (i.e. all double digit files from fw01 to fw99 would become... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: putter1900
3 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need help in batch renaming files with bash shell script.

I have some 50+ files in the following format : abcd_vish_running_ZEBRA_20140818.dat_08-14-2014_23:08:23 abcd_vish_running_ZEB-RA_20140818.dat_08-14-2014_23:08:35 abcd_vish_running_ZEB_RA_20140818.dat_08-14-2014_23:08:37 abcd_vish_running_RI-NG_20140818.dat_08-14-2014_23:08:42... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: SriRamKrish
5 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Renaming file in batch

Hi guys, I need a script to change the file names e.g.:- below are the mentioned files, i want t0 change the last character of the name 00000.cdr with e.g bep01.smsc.191214210500-00000.cdr to bep01.smsc.191214210500-92311.cdr next file be like bep01.smsc.191214210500-92312.cdr # ls -ltr... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: mfaizan40
9 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

SFTP batch not renaming file with "put"

I have a .ksh script that creates an sftp batch file and runs it through sftp. It works except for one thing. If I try to "put" to a different name, it doesn't use the specified remote name...it still "puts" the original local name. I've tried both of these, and neither work...it will always... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: dbiggied
4 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script for batch renaming

What is wrong with this script to rename batch of similar files? For example renaming all *.txt files to *.tab . $ for i in seq {01..10}; do touch ${i}.txt; done $ ./rename.sh *.txt txt tab Error: mv: ‘01.txt’ and ‘01.txt’ are the same file. Code is: #!/usr/bin/bash # renames.sh #... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: yifangt
6 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Renaming batch by removing substring

I wish to rename all files ending in .txt by removing .tex. Currently I have me@me-Inspiron-518:~$ ls a.tex.txt bin b.tex.txt c.tex.txt Desktop Documents Downloads d.tex.txt Music Pictures Public Templates VideosDesired outcome me@me-Inspiron-518:~$ ls a.txt ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Xubuntu56
2 Replies
MRTG-WEBSERVER(1)						       mrtg							 MRTG-WEBSERVER(1)

NAME
mrtg-webserver - hints for web server configuration SYNOPSIS
If you want people to actually see the results of your network monitoring efforts you will need a webserver. This document lists some configuration hints for webservers. Contributions welcome. APACHE
Configuring mod_expire A big issue with mrtg monitoring data is the expiry time. All these nice graphs you can create are only valid for a short time. If you do not take special action some webbrowsers will not notice this and you may end up with people seeing old data because of caching issues. The apache module mod_expire allows you to setup special expiry properties for individual file. Here is an example for how this may look for an mrtg web directory. The configuration directives can be stored into a .htaccess file. ############################################################ # Example .htaccess for use with apache-1.2 and mod_expire. # (mod_expire come with apache-1.2 but you have to explicitly # activate it when compiling the httpd ...) ############################################################# # <Files "*-day.png"> ExpiresActive On # enable expirations # five minutes ExpiresDefault M300 </Files> <Files "*-week.png"> ExpiresActive On ExpiresDefault M1800 </Files> <Files "*-month.png"> ExpiresActive On ExpiresDefault M7200 </Files> <Files "*-year.png"> ExpiresActive On ExpiresDefault M86400 </Files> <Files "*.html"> ExpiresActive On ExpiresDefault M300 </Files> # index.html is not automatically generated <Files "index.html"> ExpiresActive Off </Files> AUTHOR
Unknown 2.16.2 2008-05-16 MRTG-WEBSERVER(1)