Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Retry upon FTP failure
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Retry upon FTP failure Post 302387837 by jgt on Monday 18th of January 2010 12:42:24 PM
Old 01-18-2010
Either put it there yourself, or ask the admin there to do it for you, or choose any file that will always exist on the remote server.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Determining the failure or success of FTP

Hi there, I am in the process of writing a shell script to transfer files to a remote directory. Is there a method to determine the success or the failure of the ftp process. Regards Jim (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: JimJim
4 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

retry process in ftp

hi #!/bin/bash SERVER=10.89.40.35 USER=xyz PASSWD=xyz ftp -in $SERVER<<EOF user $USER $PASSWD mkdir PPL cd /path of remote dir lcd /path of local dir hash bin put <file name> bye <<EOF The above ftp script i have to schedule in crontab at a particular instance of time run daily.... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: rookie250
2 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

failure writing network systems-ftp error

Hi, I tried to do a ftp get process from linux server to a remote system.It was giving an error 'failure writing network systems'.I am trying to ftp two files,one among them is successful and this problem occurs only if i run the code through 'cron' ie,manual run ends successfully. Would... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: DILEEP410
0 Replies

4. IP Networking

Automate FTP process and autorestart on link failure

Hi Guys, i have this lil challenge; i am to implement an automated script that searches/scans a directory for files then picks and sends this files to a very remote server via an ftp link. the challenge here is that the ftp link fails due to netwrk issues maybe; i therefore need to develop... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: sdcoms
5 Replies

5. IP Networking

FTP failure due to network problem

Hi, I've been searching through out this forum to find the exact message when during the on-going FTP, suddenly the network went down but i cannot find some. Could anyone provide me the exact return codes when FTP failed during FTP or prior to FTP the network went down and you still proceeded to... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: vibora
3 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

FTP failure with different scenario

Hi Gurus the below FTP code works fine, but the issue is from past 1 week couldn't able to send the files to external system. #--------------------------------------------------------------------# #Start the ftp session #--------------------------------------------------------------------#... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: SeenuGuddu
3 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

boot up failure unix sco after power failure

hi power went out. next day unix sco wont boot up error code 303. any help appreciated as we are clueless. (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: fredthayer
11 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

If then else - Retry operation

I need to read a file line by line, then depending on the contents of each line, type in a code that will get written to an array. The problem I have is when I ask the user to confirm the input code, if it is wrong, how do i Return to ask again? Any thing I try increments the file to the next... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: kcpoole
6 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script to retry FTP commands if unsuccessful and capture the failure status code.

I am using the below code to ftp file onto another server FTP_LOG_FILE=${CURR_PRG_NAME}- ${FTP_FILE}-`date +%Y%m%d%H%M%S`.log ftp -ivn ${FTP_HOST} ${FTP_PORT} << ENDFTP >> ${EDI_LOG_DIR}/${FTP_LOG_FILE} 2>&1 user ${FTP_USER} ${FTP_PSWD} lcd... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: akashdeepak
2 Replies

10. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

FTP failure

Hi, We have a external vendor (outside firewall), who used to connect our ftp server till 2 days back. I am not able to figure out, what was changed. Now he is not able to login. When I login to ftp server (from inside firewall), I am able to connect with credentials. When that vendor login... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: solaris_1977
4 Replies
asadmin-delete-admin-object(1AS)				   User Commands				  asadmin-delete-admin-object(1AS)

NAME
asadmin-delete-admin-object, delete-admin-object - removes the administered object with the specified JNDI name SYNOPSIS
delete-admin-object --user admin_user [--password admin_password] [--host localhost] [--port 4848] [--secure|-s] [--passwordfile filename] [--terse=false] [--echo=false] [--interactive=true] jndi_name Removes the administered object with the specified JNDI name. This command is supported in remote mode only. OPTIONS
--user authorized domain application server administrative username. --password password to administer the domain application server. --host machine name where the domain application server is running. --port port number of the domain application server listening for administration requests. --secure if true, uses SSL/TLS to communicate with the domain application server. --passwordfile file containing the domain application server password. --terse indicates that any output data must be very concise, typically avoiding human-friendly sentences and favoring well- formatted data for consumption by a script. Default is false. --echo setting to true will echo the command line statement on the standard output. Default is false. --interactive if set to true (default), only the required password options are prompted. OPERANDS
jndi_name JNDI name of the administered object to be deleted. Example 1: Using delete-admin-object The example listed in the add-admin-object command should be executed before attempting to execute this example:i asadmin> delete-admin-objects --user admin --password admin123 jms/samplequeue Deletes the previously created administration object with the JNDI name jms/sample. EXIT STATUS
0 command executed successfully 1 error in executing the command asadmin-create-admin-object(1AS), asadmin-list-admin-objects(1AS) J2EE 1.4 SDK March 2004 asadmin-delete-admin-object(1AS)