Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: /opt file system full !!!
Top Forums UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users /opt file system full !!! Post 302387619 by kjamsheed on Sunday 17th of January 2010 04:31:04 PM
Old 01-17-2010
/opt file system full !!!

Can anyone help me in cleaning /opt filesystem..
i have checked all the options and i have cleared all the logs and the total size of the files in /opt is shown as 1.8GB were as the size of /opt is 4.8GB

but wen i run the command
# df -h /opt
it gives

capacity
99%

Please help me..its urgent

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX Desktop Questions & Answers

file system full

When I try to log in as root I get the following message realloccg /: file system full sendmail :NO Queue:low on space (have 0,SMTP-DAEMON needs 101 in /var/spool/mqueue) What should I do? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: hopeless
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Full File System

Hi All, There was a background process running on a Solaris 2.8 machine, and appeared to have filled all available disk-space. I done a killall, and upon re-booting found that the file system had filled up, and will not boot as normal as a result. For example, I'm getting /usr/adm/messages: No... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: Breen
8 Replies

3. Solaris

File system full?

Hi, I just started working with UNIX on an old semi-fossilized Sun workstation which I use to process LOTS of images,however, I just started to get an error message that the file system is full and then my shell tool or/and text editor freeze up. Help? (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: Bend
8 Replies

4. Solaris

Full file system?

I read the sticky and thought of a script I use on a regular basis. Since unless you patch/upgrade the df command on solaris you have a very tought time teling how full the system truly is. Output looks like $ biggest.sh /tmp Filesystem kbytes used avail capacity Mounted... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: meyerder
0 Replies

5. Solaris

file system full

I am receving following Error message in /var/adm/messages "NOTICE: alloc: /: file system full" Disk space usage is as beklow: df -k $ Filesystem kbytes used avail capacity Mounted on /dev/md/dsk/d10 76678257 56962561 18948914 76% / /proc ... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: Asteroid
8 Replies

6. Solaris

file system full

hello Even though I am not out of inodes or of space, the /var/adm/messages shows messages: file system full I am doing now fcsk -m (400G) and I am still waiting to see the fragmentation results (should I add another option to df to have a faster output?) Do you have any other hints... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: melanie_pfefer
6 Replies

7. Red Hat

File system full, but not really.

Hey all, What do you think mostly happened in the following situation? I have a Red Hat 5.5 server. Someone, somehow, managed to get two .nfs000.... type files that totaled over a terabyte in size. I removed them and thought things were back to normal. Then I started getting complains from... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: geelsu
2 Replies

8. Emergency UNIX and Linux Support

ufs_aolloc.c :/ file system full

I am running Ubix SVR4, namely MP-Ras unix. I installed a remote printer and now I keep getting an error that looks like this: ufs_alloc.c /: file system full I have deleted the remote printer but am still receiving this error. I know it has something to do with the fact that my / partition... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Rutgerncas
3 Replies

9. Solaris

File system full, swap

hi all I am having a t5240 server in that zone is there in /var/adm/messages i am getting the following warning WARNING: /zoneroot/zonename-zone/root/tmp: File system full, swap space limit exceeded if a swap is getting full what can i do. Please use code tags next time for your... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: nikhil kasar
2 Replies
PLHIST(3plplot) 						    PLplot API							   PLHIST(3plplot)

NAME
plhist - Plot a histogram from unbinned data SYNOPSIS
plhist(n, data, datmin, datmax, nbin, opt) DESCRIPTION
Plots a histogram from n data points stored in the array data. This routine bins the data into nbin bins equally spaced between datmin and datmax, and calls plbin(3plplot) to draw the resulting histogram. Parameter opt allows, among other things, the histogram either to be plotted in an existing window or causes plhist(3plplot) to call plenv(3plplot) with suitable limits before plotting the histogram. Redacted form: plhist(data, datmin, datmax, nbin, opt) This function is used in example 5. ARGUMENTS
n (PLINT, input) Number of data points. data (PLFLT *, input) Pointer to array with values of the n data points. datmin (PLFLT, input) Left-hand edge of lowest-valued bin. datmax (PLFLT, input) Right-hand edge of highest-valued bin. nbin (PLINT, input) Number of (equal-sized) bins into which to divide the interval xmin to xmax. opt (PLINT, input) Is a combination of several flags: opt=PL_HIST_DEFAULT: The axes are automatically rescaled to fit the histogram data, the outer bins are expanded to fill up the entire x-axis, data outside the given extremes are assigned to the outer bins and bins of zero height are simply drawn. opt=PL_HIST_NOSCALING|...: The existing axes are not rescaled to fit the histogram data, without this flag, plenv(3plplot) is called to set the world coordinates. opt=PL_HIST_IGNORE_OUTLIERS|...: Data outside the given extremes are not taken into account. This option should probably be combined with opt=PL_HIST_NOEXPAND|..., so as to properly present the data. opt=PL_HIST_NOEXPAND|...: The outer bins are drawn with equal size as the ones inside. opt=PL_HIST_NOEMPTY|...: Bins with zero height are not drawn (there is a gap for such bins). AUTHORS
Geoffrey Furnish and Maurice LeBrun wrote and maintain PLplot. This man page was automatically generated from the DocBook source of the PLplot documentation, maintained by Alan W. Irwin and Rafael Laboissiere. SEE ALSO
PLplot documentation at http://plplot.sourceforge.net/resources. August, 2012 PLHIST(3plplot)