Sponsored Content
Special Forums IP Networking Can't see home folder on one NFS mount but can in another mount on another share Post 302385789 by Narnie on Saturday 9th of January 2010 09:49:39 PM
Old 01-09-2010
Fixed

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyFullerMalv
Is /home in a separate files system to / (root)? If it is then NFS exporting root only exports the root filesystem. I wasn't absolutely certain about this but NFSExports < Webmin < TWiki says:

Well, you are sure right. /home is on a separate partition.

That totally explains it. I wish I'd thought to say that part of the equation. Thank you for pointing this out.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

NFS mount home directory

Hello All, I have a question that I think I have the answer to but I'm not sure. All the information I get kind of dance around it. Well, my question is if you have NFS running, automount running, with auto_master and auto_home on a server. If a user logs in form cleint machine that has... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: larry
3 Replies

2. AIX

Unable to mount NFS share during boot

Hello Everyone, I have a pseries machine running AIX 4.3.3 that has an invalid IP in /etc/hosts. During a boot the system hangs because it's trying to mount an NFS share to this invalid IP. I've tried to boot the system from a mksysb (not sure if the device was defined as rmt0) and AIX CD... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: jlslhills
0 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

can i mount nfs share on windows 2003 server

this is probably a bit dumb ...but i read somewhere that one of the nfs versions can be mounted on a windows 2003 server ..if yes ..does anyone know how this can be achieved (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: tarunicon
1 Replies

4. Solaris

how to mount Windows NFS share on solaris

Hi, How can i mount an NFS share on a solaris machine a filesystem ? I have enabled nfs on a windows server and the shares has given read/write access to it to all the users. I would like to mount it on around 10 different solaris boxes with different versions of solaris. Thanks in advance. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: uxadmin007
2 Replies

5. Solaris

mount windows share folder

all,,i need help,,i try to mount a windows 2000 share folder to my system,,i already userd smb mount,mount -F and bunch of stuff and none is working,,can anyone give me a script to this?? PS : when i use mount -F i got this message : nfs mount: insufficient privileges ,,, is it must be root ? (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Cellscript
6 Replies

6. Web Development

NFS Share & Mount problem

Hi, I want to mount an NFS Shared folder on Windows XP to vxWorks. There doesnt seem to be a problem with the sharing. Now, when i try to mount the directory onto vxWorks (it runs on a Tumbleweed card), using a mount script (.sh), the following is the print i see on Tera Term: hostAdd... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: chinmayzen
0 Replies

7. UNIX and Linux Applications

Virtualbox Need to change share folder name before i can mount it

HI I would like to ask about my virtualbox 4.0.4 in my lucyd lynx box My shared forlder isn't auto mount in my linux guest OS. And everytime i manually mount using command sudo mount -t vboxsf <shared_folder_name> <Guest_location> it throw an error msg "/sbin/mount.vboxsf: mounting failed... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jao_madn
1 Replies

8. Red Hat

Not able to mount NFS share on client side

When i tried to mount the nfs i see this error message mount -t nfs 192.168.20.194:/remote/proj1 /nfsmount mount: 192.168.20.194:/remote/proj1 failed, reason given by server: Permission denied and the /etc/exports file in the host side looks like this /remote/proj1 ... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: srinathk
12 Replies

9. SCO

Cannot mount NFS share (FreeNAS) onto SCO OpenServer 5.0.6

Hi! All, I am trying to mount a NFS share on my FreeNAS system onto my SCO OpenServer 5.0.6. I get the following error: mount: cannot mount /: Connection Refused (error 115) Has anyone been able to do this? (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: trolley
3 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Mount NFS Share On NFS Client via bash script.

I need a help of good people with effective bash script to mount nfs shared, By the way I did the searches, since i haven't found that someone wrote a script like this in the past, I'm sure it will serve more people. The scenario as follow: An NFS Client with Daily CRON , running bash script... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Brian.t
4 Replies
exportfs(2nfs)															    exportfs(2nfs)

Name
       exportfs - exports an NFS file system

Syntax
       #include <sys/mount.h>
       exportfs(name, rootuid, exflags)
       char *name;
       int rootuid, exflags;

Description
       The  system  call  allows the specified local file system to be mounted remotely by an NFS client.  This system call is usually called from
       Security on the exported file systems can be improved by setting the root mapped user ID, rootuid, and two mount structure  flags,  exflags
       for the local file system, name.

The name argument is a pointer to a null-terminated string containing the path name of the file system being exported.

The rootuid argument is used to set the user ID that root maps to.  By default, root maps to user id -2.

The  exflags argument contains the flags that are to be set in the mount structure corresponding to name.  The following flags are the only
       possible flags accepted by
       #define M_NOFH	       0x1000	       /* no fhandle flag */
       #define M_EXRONLY       0x2000	       /* export read-only */

Setting the M_NOFH flag does not allow access to the fhandle of the file system's root gnode.  The M_EXRONLY flag exports a filesystem read
       only.

The system call returns a value of 0 upon successful completion of a operation, and -1 upon failure.

Diagnostics
       [EPERM]	      Not superuser.

[EIO]	      Not enough memory in the system to service the request.

[EFAULT]       Bad address or bad length of name.

[ENOENT]       The name cannot be found.

See Also
       exports(5nfs), mountd(8nfs)

exportfs(2nfs)