Sponsored Content
Special Forums Windows & DOS: Issues & Discussions dos/intel unix command equivalent Post 302385497 by dday on Friday 8th of January 2010 01:57:45 PM
Old 01-08-2010
I installed cygwin so that I have the find command on my servers and my (shame) Windows desktop. Hey, they tell me at work I have to use Windows but I can make it as much like Unix as I can. I've always used WinVi as my editor of choice too. Smilie

---------- Post updated at 12:57 PM ---------- Previous update was at 08:19 AM ----------

I apologize. I took the time to look and I actually am using WinVi and the UnixUtils from SourceForge and NOT Cygwin. Just wanted to clear that up lest I confuse anyone.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Question about DOS versus Unix Command?

Okay here is a DOS comparison. When I search for a file in DOS and I was not sure what directory it was in then I would put dir /s/o/p filename the s would tell it to look in every directory including subs, the o would sort it alphabetically and the p would limit the display to one page at a... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: wmosley2
1 Replies

2. Windows & DOS: Issues & Discussions

SQL Spool equivalent command in DOS

This question maybe in the wrong category but I'm posting here due to urgency. In DOS is there a command to perform a similar function to spool command in SQL or Script command in UNIX? I want to print all command line output to a file but I don't want to use the echo command for each line. ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: stevefox
2 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Command equivalent to DOS mode for SCO 5.0.6

I need to set the serial port attributes to 9600,7,E,1 in order to read and write data to it from within a Foxpro program. Unfortunately there is no function in Foxpro to set the line attributes, only open. close read and write. Stty only works on the stdout and stdin in this release, and the... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: jgt
3 Replies

4. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Equivalent command for setlocal in Unix

Hi all, Is there any command in unix equivalent to setlocal in windows. setlocal command is really useful in restoring local environment variables in windows. Thanks, Sonal. (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: sonaluphale
7 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Unix equivalent of DOS set

Hi all, what is the equivalent command of the DOS set that lists all the environment variable and their values? Xavier. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: xxavier
3 Replies

6. Windows & DOS: Issues & Discussions

what is the DOS equivalent of alias command?

how do we create aliases to commands in dos? thanks (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: milhan
9 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Windows command shell equivalent in Unix

In Windows we use cmd.exe \c as the command SHell What is its equivalent in UNIX ? Thanx for all your help. (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: simonsimon
10 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Command for unix to dos conversion

Dear All Could you please advice how do we convert a unix file to dos I know one command,ux2dos, which somehow does not work to give desired output Inputs on this is appreciated Thanks, Suresh (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: sureshg_sampat
3 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

PHP Equivalent of the unix command

Hi Can any one please let me know which will be the PHP equivalent of the below Unix statement, curl -H "Content-type: application/json" -H "Accept: application/json" --data-binary '{"text" : "how to check the temperature?"}' -H "X-JaskUid:111" -X POST "www.google.com/res"'Thanks in advance!! ... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: vidhyaS
0 Replies

10. Windows & DOS: Issues & Discussions

DOS Equivalent of UNIX Command

Hi, The title of this post is a little vague but I couldn't think of what to call it. In Unix you can perform the following command ftp -v IPADDRESS <<END put FILE END In a DOS command prompt, is it possible to do the same kind of thing that the "<<END" does? So for example, ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Ste_Moore01
4 Replies
Inline-Support(3)					User Contributed Perl Documentation					 Inline-Support(3)

NAME
Inline-Support - Support Information for Inline.pm and related modules. DESCRIPTION
This document contains all of the latest support information for "Inline.pm" and the recognized Inline Language Support Modules (ILSMs) available on CPAN. SUPPORTED LANGUAGES
The most important language that Inline supports is "C". That is because Perl itself is written in "C". By giving a your Perl scripts access to "C", you in effect give them access to the entire glorious internals of Perl. (Caveat scriptor :-) As of this writing, Inline also supports: - C++ - Java - Python - Tcl - Assembly - CPR - And even Inline::Foo! :) Projects that I would most like to see happen in the year 2001 are: - Fortran - Ruby - Lisp - Guile - Bash - Perl4 SUPPORTED PLATFORMS
"Inline::C" should work anywhere that CPAN extension modules (those that use XS) can be installed, using the typical install format of: perl Makefile.PL make make test make install It has been tested on many Unix and Windows variants. NOTE: "Inline::C" requires Perl 5.005 or higher because "Parse::RecDescent" requires it. (Something to do with the "qr" operator) Inline has been successfully tested at one time or another on the following platforms: Linux Solaris SunOS HPUX AIX FreeBSD OpenBSD BeOS OS X WinNT Win2K WinME Win98 Cygwin The Microsoft tests deserve a little more explanation. I used the following: Windows NT 4.0 (service pack 6) Perl 5.005_03 (ActiveState build 522) MS Visual C++ 6.0 The "nmake" make utility (distributed w/ Visual C++) "Inline::C" pulls all of its base configuration (including which "make" utility to use) from "Config.pm". Since your MSWin32 version of Perl probably came from ActiveState (as a binary distribution) the "Config.pm" will indicate that "nmake" is the system's "make" utility. That is because ActiveState uses Visual C++ to compile Perl. To install "Inline.pm" (or any other CPAN module) on MSWin32 w/ Visual C++, use these: perl Makefile.PL nmake nmake test nmake install Inline has also been made to work with Mingw32/gcc on all Windows platforms. This is a free compiler for Windows. You must also use a perl built with that compiler. The "Cygwin" test was done on a Windows 98 machine using the Cygwin Unix/Win32 porting layer software from Cygnus. The "perl" binary on this machine was also compiled using the Cygwin tool set ("gcc"). This software is freely available from http://sources.redhat.com/cygwin/ If you get Inline to work on a new platform, please send me email email. If it doesn't work, let me know as well and I'll see what can be done. SEE ALSO
For general information about Inline see Inline. For information about using Inline with C see Inline::C. For sample programs using Inline with C see Inline::C-Cookbook. For information on writing your own Inline Language Support Module, see Inline-API. Inline's mailing list is inline@perl.org To subscribe, send email to inline-subscribe@perl.org AUTHOR
Brian Ingerson <INGY@cpan.org> COPYRIGHT
Copyright (c) 2000-2002. Brian Ingerson. Copyright (c) 2008, 2010, 2011. Sisyphus. This program is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. See http://www.perl.com/perl/misc/Artistic.html perl v5.18.2 2012-11-19 Inline-Support(3)