Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting a function in shell script,how can i get the right result Post 302385364 by fw0037 on Friday 8th of January 2010 01:14:10 AM
Old 01-08-2010
a function in shell script,how can i get the right result

there is a directory /data/users/osa/psidp/dmp/files/cimdir ,it have some subdirectories ,and also the subdirectoriy have it's subdirectoriis.
I want to get all the leaf nodes of the directory path .
but the result of the script is wrong ,how can i get the right result

somebody who can help me !!!!

the script name is fw.sh :

Code:
hanshu()
 {
  dirnum=`find $1 -type d|wc -l`
  if [ $dirnum != 1 ]; then
      set -A subDir `ls -l $1| awk '{if (substr($0,1,1)~"d") print $8}'`
       typeset -i i
       i=0
      while [ $i -lt $dirnum ]
      do
        subDir[$i]=$1"/"${subDir[$i]}
       hanshu  ${subDir[$i]}
        if [ "${subDir[$i]}" != "" ]; then
        echo "/"${subDir[$i]}
        fi
       i=`expr $i + 1`
      done
   fi
 }
hanshu  $1

for example,when i run

Code:
fw.sh /data/users/osa/psidp/dmp/files/cimdir

i want get the value is :
Code:
//data/users/osa/psidp/dmp/files/cimdir/scm/1.04
//data/users/osa/psidp/dmp/files/cimdir/scm_version
//data/users/osa/psidp/dmp/files/cimdir/version

but the anwser is :
Code:

how can i get the right result what i want?
thanks!

Last edited by pludi; 01-08-2010 at 03:16 AM.. Reason: Added code tags, removed unnecessary formatting

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Could any one tell me how to do get result in fraction in shell script

Could any one tell me how to do get result in fraction in shell script. I am using expr for division of 2 number but it is giving Quitent. I need it in full fraction value. please helpp. how to do it using "dc" or "bc" (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Neerajjaiswal
5 Replies

2. AIX

The shell script is not returning proper result

Can anybody pls look into this script and tell me where I went wrong. After running this script, it is showing like "Trying to overlay current working directory ABORT!!!" :-( ARGCNT=$# if then echo "Two parameters are needed for this shell " echo "Please try again with... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: clnsharma123
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

get result from database into shell script

hi, I have a script that will logon to a database siebel and do the select query and then get the result in command prompt of unix.Below the script. #!/bin/ksh . $HOME/conf/systemProperties/EnvSetup.properties #set -x while read i do echo $i connect1=`sqlplus -silent... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ali560045
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

shell script result to file

Since I'm not an expert in shell scripting, I have question on sending script result to file. I have script like this... if condition=0: then echo "service is not running" | mail -s "Server Status" uname@companyname fi sleep 10 if configtion=1: then echo "service is not running" | mail -s... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: s_linux
3 Replies

5. Homework & Coursework Questions

A function in shell script,how can i get the right result

there is a directory /data/users/osa/psidp/dmp/files/cimdir ,it have some subdirectories ,and also the subdirectoriy have it's subdirectoriis. I want to get all the leaf nodes of the directory path . but the result of the script is wrong ,how can i get the right result somebody who can help... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: fw0037
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

A function in shell script,how can i get the right result

there is a directory /data/users/osa/psidp/dmp/files/cimdir ,it have some subdirectories ,and also the subdirectoriy have it's subdirectoriis. I want to get all the leaf nodes of the directory path . but the result of the script is wrong ,how can i get the right result somebody who can help me... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: fw0037
3 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

SHELL SCRIPT Function Calling Another Function Please Help...

This is my function which is creating three variables based on counter & writing these variable to database by calling another function writeRecord but only one record is getting wrote in DB.... Please advise ASAP...:confused: function InsertFtg { FTGSTR="" echo "Saurabh is GREAT $#" let... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: omkar.sonawane
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

shell script - unexpected result

I hv a file --am executing a script which is giving me unexpected results COntents of file: f1 CMT_AP1_CONT:/opt/sybase/syboc125:150:ASE12_5::Y:UX: CMT_AP1:/opt/sybase/syboc125:150:ASE12_5::Y:UX f1.tmp CMT_AP1_CONT:/opt/sybase/syboc125:150:ASE12_5::Y:UX:... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: rajashekar.y
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Executing the result of a program as a shell script

I have a program that returns a shell script and I want to execute the script. I'll use cat in my simple example, but wget is an example that is feasible. $ # First setup a script $ echo "ls > df" > simple $ # "cat simple" is now a program that returns a script $ cat simple ls df $ ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: kopite
3 Replies

10. Programming

Query result from shell script

Hi, I wrote the below script to get the query result from a Syabase DB. isql -s -U **** -P **** SYBASE SERVERNAME USE ***(Database name in Sybase) @command.sql But im not getting the output. Can anyone help me on this (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: rohan G
2 Replies
BP_CLASSIFY_HITS_KINGDOM(1p)				User Contributed Perl Documentation			      BP_CLASSIFY_HITS_KINGDOM(1p)

NAME
classify_hits_kingdom - classify BLAST hits by taxonomic kingdom USAGE classify_hits_kingdom [-i tab_file] [-i second_BLAST_file] [-e evalue_cutoff] [-t dir_where_TAXONOMY_files_are] [-g gi2taxid] [-z PATH_TO_zcat] [-v] DESCRIPTION Will print out the taxonomic distribution (at the kingdom level) for a set of hits against the NR database. This script assumes you've done a search against the protein database, you'll have to make minor changes in the gi_taxid part to point to the gi_taxid_nuc.dump file. This expects BLAST files in tabbed -m9 or -m8 format. Output with -m 8 or use blast2table.pl to convert (or fastam9_to_table.PLS if using FASTA). Input values: -t/--taxonomy directory where the taxonomy .dmp files are (from NCBI) -g/--gi Location of gi_taxid_prot.dmp (or gi_taxid_nucl.dmp if the search was against a NT db) -i/--in The name of the tab delimited -m8/-m9 output files to process. -e/--evalue Provide an E-value cutoff for hits to be considered -z/--zcat Path to the 'zcat' executable, can also be 'gunzip -c' if no zcat on your system. Flags -v/--verbose To turn on verbose messages -h/--help Display this helpful information This is intended to be useful starting script, but users may want to customize the output and parameters. Note that I am summarizing the kingdoms here and Eukaryota not falling into Metazoa, Viridiplantae, or Fungi gets grouped into the general superkingdom Eukaryota. for simplicity. There are comments in the code directing you to where changes can be made if you wanted to display hits by phylum for example. Note that you must wipe out the cache file 'gi2class' that is craeed in your directory after making these changes. AUTHOR Jason Stajich jason_at_bioperl_dot_org perl v5.14.2 2012-03-02 BP_CLASSIFY_HITS_KINGDOM(1p)