Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Error running a .sh script when extracted from a jar file. Post 302384304 by dnbert on Monday 4th of January 2010 07:43:22 PM
Old 01-04-2010
This is gonna sound silly, but I'm not sure what you're running. You do have /bin/sh right?

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

java.lang.System when running jar

Hello, I recieve the following error when trying to run the following command in a ksh. The operating system is AIX5.1. /usr/bin/jar -xvf {filename}.zip Can't find class java.lang.System But when I run it on the command line it unzips the file fine. Does anybody know why this... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ctcuser
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

jar command not running in Unix

Hi , I am working in Sun SOlaris 9 and trying to extract a particular jar file in my home. I am giving command "jar xv <filename>" But it just hangs and does nothing ? Any pointers why this is happenning ? or how can I see contents of a jar file? Thanks (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: hkapil
2 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

To send an email with the body content extracted from a file

Hi, I have been trying to shoot an email with the email body to be obtained from a file. Can someone please help me with it.. I have been trying to use the MAILX commad for the same. mailx -s "test email" -r sender@test.com < file.txt but it sends the file as an attachment,while i... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: rohit.shetty84
3 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

include file name to extracted files

I've written the script below to merge only .txt files that exist in one directory into one huge .txt file and ignore other files with other extensions. now the result is one huge .txt file with all the contents of other .txt files how can i add a File Name as a comment before each file? ... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: miss_dodi
12 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

unrar - get the name of extracted file

If I have a script that is using unrar e file.part1.rar How does the script get the name of the extracted file if I don't know the extension of the file? In my example the name would be file.***, but I wouldn't know the extension. ---------- Post updated at 05:13 PM ---------- Previous... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: locoroco
0 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Running a script in crontab which executes a jar file

Hi, I have a script (.sh file) which has been created through my login. This script executes a jar file. Java is installed through my login and the folder has been given full permission for access. When this script is added by root in crontab, it does not get executed. Could you please... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: archana.n
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Store the name of an extracted file to a temp file

What would be the best way to store the name of an extracted file from a tar to a text file? I want to extract one file from a tar and store the name of the extracted file to a temp file. tar -xvf tar_file.tar file_to_be_extracted (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: erin00
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell file to run other shell files running jar files

Hi, I am trying to write a shell script that will go to another folder and run the script in that folder. The folder structure is kind of like this: /MainFolder/ |-> MainShellScript.sh | |-> Folder1/ |-----|-> script1.sh |-----|-> FileToRun1.jar | |-> Folder2/ |-----|-> script2.sh... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: sleo
3 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell script to encrypt the xls file using executable jar in Linux SUSE 11.4

Dear Experts, I am an ERP consultant and would like to learn shell script. We are working on Linux SUSE 11.4 and I am very new to shell scripting. We can manually encrypt an excel file using "executable jar" through command prompt by placing the jar file & the file to be encrypted on a physical... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: nithin226
1 Replies
esdrec(1)							   User Commands							 esdrec(1)

NAME
esdrec - record a sound file SYNOPSIS
esdrec [-s hostname:port] [-b] [-h] [-m] [-r freq] DESCRIPTION
The esdrec application pipes data from the sound device to stdout using the Enlightened Sound Daemon (esd). OPTIONS
The following options are supported: -s hostname:portContact the esd server on hostname at port. -b Specify that the output should be in 8-bit format. By default, the output is in 16-bit format. -h Display help text, and exit. -m Specify that the output should be in mono format. By default, the output is in stereo format. -r freq Specify that the output rate should be set to freq. By default, the output rate is set to 44.1 kHz. EXAMPLES
Example 1: Record sound from sound device to file "sample" example% esdrec > sample EXIT STATUS
The following exit values are returned: 0 Application exited successfully >0 Application exited with failure FILES
The following files are used by this application: /usr/bin/esdrec Executable for Enlightened Sound Daemon sound recorder. ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWgnome-audio | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Interface stability |External | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
esdcat(1), esdmon(1), esdplay(1), esdsample(1), esdctl(1), esd-config(1), libesd(3) NOTES
Written by Brian Cameron, Sun Microsystems Inc., 2003. SunOS 5.10 8 Jan 2003 esdrec(1)