Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting awk inside another awk statement Post 302383512 by summer_cherry on Wednesday 30th of December 2009 04:24:10 AM
Old 12-30-2009
Code:
nawk -F'[ "=]' 'NR==FNR{_[$3]=$NF}NR!=FNR{print $1" "_[$1]}' file2 file1

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

if statement in awk

Hi Friends How do I do two things from one if statement inside awk? I want to run a script and create a new file from the same condition. awk '{ if ($2 == ""){print " "|"cd /local/test; ./script.ksh"}{cat > ran_true.txt}}' $IN_FILE Bolded are the two things I want to be done. Thanks (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: UNovIX
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Awk inside Awk expression

Hi, It can be used awk inside other Awk?. I need to get another text processing while other text process. Thank you. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: pepeli30
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help Regarding AWk and IF THEN ELSE Statement

Hi, I have a data file which contains record count. So doing wc -l rightfit_balancing_count.dat | awk '{print $1}'] gives me the record count stored in the file. Now, i want to send a mail from UNIX, if the record count is equal to 0,otherwise it should do nothing. Any help... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Shell_Learner
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Sysdate inside awk print statement

Hi, I am using awk statement to extract data from a file and write a new file with certain columns rearranged and few hard coded values added to new file. Now i need to add a column with sysdate. can i do that inside the awk print statement? Now: nawk ' /^3/ BEGIN {FS=","}... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: selvankj
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

HELP with AWK one-liner. Need to employ an If condition inside AWK to check for array variable ?

Hello experts, I'm stuck with this script for three days now. Here's what i need. I need to split a large delimited (,) file into 2 files based on the value present in the last field. Samp: Something.csv bca,adc,asdf,123,12C bca,adc,asdf,123,13C def,adc,asdf,123,12A I need this split... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: shell_boy23
6 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Passing awk variable argument to a script which is being called inside awk

consider the script below sh /opt/hqe/hqapi1-client-5.0.0/bin/hqapi.sh alert list --host=localhost --port=7443 --user=hqadmin --password=hqadmin --secure=true >/tmp/alerts.xml awk -F'' '{for(i=1;i<=NF;i++){ if($i=="Alert id") { if(id!="") if(dt!=""){ cmd="sh someScript.sh... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: vivek d r
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Command in inside awk statement

Hello can you please help me with below script which is meant to delete clients from multiple netbackup policies I want to run a command insdie awk statement apparelnlty this script is not working for me for i in $( cat clients_list) do bppllist -byclient $i | awk... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Sara_84
6 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

If statement in awk

I run my script "switch.sh" repeatedly (within 30 seconds). Each time script is triggered, script itself should kill all previous process. Here is my code: for pid in $(ps -fe | grep 'switch.sh' | grep -v grep | awk '{if ($2<$$) print $2}'); do sudo kill -9 $pid done sleep 30 ... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: armatron
6 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Convert Update statement into Insert statement in UNIX using awk, sed....

Hi folks, I have a scenario to convert the update statements into insert statements using shell script (awk, sed...) or in database using regex. I have a bunch of update statements with all columns in a file which I need to convert into insert statements. UPDATE TABLE_A SET COL1=1 WHERE... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: dev123
0 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk statement piped inside sed

Hello folks, I have multiple occurrences of the pattern: ).: where is any digit, in various text context but the pattern is unique as this regex. And I need to turn this decimal fraction into an integer (corresponding percent value: the range of 0-100). What I'm doing is: cat... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: roussine
1 Replies
XZDIFF(1)							     XZ Utils								 XZDIFF(1)

NAME
xzcmp, xzdiff, lzcmp, lzdiff - compare compressed files SYNOPSIS
xzcmp [cmp_options] file1 [file2] xzdiff [diff_options] file1 [file2] lzcmp [cmp_options] file1 [file2] lzdiff [diff_options] file1 [file2] DESCRIPTION
xzcmp and xzdiff invoke cmp(1) or diff(1) on files compressed with xz(1), lzma(1), gzip(1), or bzip2(1). All options specified are passed directly to cmp(1) or diff(1). If only one file is specified, then the files compared are file1 (which must have a suffix of a supported compression format) and file1 from which the compression format suffix has been stripped. If two files are specified, then they are uncom- pressed if necessary and fed to cmp(1) or diff(1). The exit status from cmp(1) or diff(1) is preserved. The names lzcmp and lzdiff are provided for backward compatibility with LZMA Utils. SEE ALSO
cmp(1), diff(1), xz(1), gzip(1), bzip2(1), zdiff(1) BUGS
Messages from the cmp(1) or diff(1) programs refer to temporary filenames instead of those specified. Tukaani 2010-09-27 XZDIFF(1)