Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Script to send an alert if a file is present in a directory for 10 min Post 302383343 by madfox on Tuesday 29th of December 2009 10:11:40 AM
Old 12-29-2009
Script to send an alert if a file is present in a directory for 10 min

hi,

A script which look into a directory and send an alert via a mail. If there is any file exisiting in a directory for more then 10 min.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Write a script to send alert for some particular hours in a day

Hi All, I have a have a script which checks for some processes whether they are running or not and if they are not running then it send a mail specifying that the processes are not running. This particular script example abc.ksh is runs in a cron like this 0,5,10,15,20,25,30,35,40,45,50,55 * * *... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: usha rao
5 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell script: If a file stays in a particular directory more than 30 min send an email

Hi , I am new to shell scripting. i have a requirement say i will receive a file in a directory say /xyz.if that file stays in that directory more than 30 min i need to get a mail to my outlook.this should run for every 20 min in crontab. can anyone help me? (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: muraliinfy04
8 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Poll for a file. If not present...Send a alert mail

Dear Experts, I have a requirement where a 3rd party system places a file in my folder.I am running on HP UNIX. I would like to have a unix script which will check for the existence of the file. If yes OK. if the file is not placed then it has to send a mail to couple of emails ids saying that... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: phani333
3 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script to send alert if any changes are made in crontab.

Hi i want to know how can i write a script to check if any changes are made and send an alert in crontabs . i am using .ksh file extension for writing scripts. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: honey26
3 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

If File is present send a mail and Archive

Hi , Please help me with a logic, how can I acheive the below. I have a directory /eth/Src/, when ever there is a file(or files) created in this directory, (after the file is completely copied to the /eth/Src/ directory) I need to zip all the files and mail the files to a particular email id... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: wangkc
3 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

List file NOT present in other directory

Dear community, I have one LOG directory with some files. What I need to do is list ONLY the files that are not present in other directory. Using Bash programming! LOG DIR | SYNC DIR FILE1 | FILE1 FILE2 | FILE3 FILE3 | OTHER FILENAME FILE4 ... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: Lord Spectre
9 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Systemd errors of missing file “No such file or directory” inspite of file being present

The contents of my service file srvtemplate-data-i4-s1.conf is Description=test service for users After=network.target local-fs.target Type=forking RemainAfterExit=no PIDFile=/data/i4/srvt.pid LimitCORE=infinity EnvironmentFile=%I . . . WantedBy=multi-user.target (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: rupeshkp728
0 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Total record count of all the file present in a directory

Hi All , We need one help on the below requirement.We have multiple pipe delimited .txt file(around 100 .txt files) present on one directory.We need the total record count of all the files present in that directory without header.File format as below : ... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: STCET22
8 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell script to send mail alert

HI Guys, I am writing one shell script to send the mail alert to some email id's if the file not modified in last 10 mins but its not working, I believe MTIME is null string is wrong . can you please assist me on this. script :- filename="abc.txt" echo "Filename is $filename"... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: abhigrkist
1 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Shell script to send mail alert

Hi I have below shell script to send mail alert , however I want to add more functionality in this script and that is , script should only check that file between 9 am to 5pm , and if there is no activity in this time 9 am to 5 pm for 2hours then it should give me mail alert, please help... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: scazed
2 Replies
alert(3alleg4)							  Allegro manual						    alert(3alleg4)

NAME
alert - Displays a popup alert box. Allegro game programming library. SYNOPSIS
#include <allegro.h> int alert(const char *s1, *s2, *s3, const char *b1, *b2, int c1, c2); DESCRIPTION
Displays a popup alert box, containing three lines of text (s1-s3), and with either one or two buttons. The text for these buttons is passed in `b1' and `b2' (`b2' may be NULL), and the keyboard shortcuts in `c1' and `c2' as ASCII value. Example: if (!exists(CONFIG_FILE)) alert(CONFIG_FILE, "not found.", "Using defaults.", "&Continue", NULL, 'c', 0); RETURN VALUE
Returns 1 or 2 depending on which button was clicked. If the alert is dismissed by pressing ESC when ESC is not one of the keyboard short- cuts, it treats it as a click on the second button (this is consistent with the common "Ok", "Cancel" alert). SEE ALSO
alert3(3alleg4), gui_fg_color(3alleg4), exgui(3alleg4), expackf(3alleg4), exspline(3alleg4) Allegro version 4.4.2 alert(3alleg4)