Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Solaris Whether Sun studio is installed on my Solaris Server? Post 302383295 by sharmaankur85 on Tuesday 29th of December 2009 06:52:37 AM
Old 12-29-2009
Whether Sun Studio is installed on my UNIX server

Hi All

Thanks a ton for the info.
While looking through the pkginfo command, I got two packages installed regarding this:
->SUNWsprot
->SUNWsprox
This confirms that Sun studio is installed on my server.Can anyone please let me know how to find the version of the Sun Studio installed.
PFB the logs of the relevant packages:
Code:
PKGINST:  SUNWsprox
      NAME:  Sun WorkShop Bundled 64-bit make library
  CATEGORY:  system
      ARCH:  sparc
   VERSION:  5.8,REV=99.12.12.00.00
   BASEDIR:  /
    VENDOR:  Sun Microsystems, Inc.
      DESC:  Sun Workshop Bundled 64-bit make library
    PSTAMP:  991213045355-17375-808f1881
  INSTDATE:  Nov 29 2002 12:37
   HOTLINE:  Please contact your local service provider
     FILES:        4 installed pathnames
                   3 shared pathnames
                   3 directories
                   1 executables
                  30 blocks used (approx)

============================================================
Code:
PKGINST:  SUNWsprot
      NAME:  Solaris Bundled tools
  CATEGORY:  system
      ARCH:  sparc
   VERSION:  5.8,REV=1999.12.12.00.00
   BASEDIR:  /
    VENDOR:  Sun Microsystems, Inc.
      DESC:  Solaris Bundled tools
    PSTAMP:  dlitem12203726
  INSTDATE:  Nov 29 2002 12:37
   HOTLINE:  Please contact your local service provider
     FILES:       54 installed pathnames
                   8 shared pathnames
                  12 directories
                  22 executables
                3093 blocks used (approx)

Cheers,
Ankur

Last edited by DukeNuke2; 12-29-2009 at 08:56 AM..

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Solaris

Sun Studio 11 install on Solaris 8 hanging

I am trying to install Sun Studio 11 on a Solaris 8 server. It gets through the install of patches then hangs with 20% of the overall install done and 0% of the software install done. It seems to be running /tmp/SolarisNativeToolkit_3.0.2_1 and is hanging. I have made multiple attempts and it... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: jwilloughby
6 Replies

2. Solaris

Getting Server Model from Sun Solaris

What command to get server model from a solaris 5.10? (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: ryandegreat25
4 Replies

3. Solaris

How to mount a Files System where RHEL is installed on a Sun server Machine..

Hi Everyone, I have a machine where RHEL(Red Hat Enterprise Linux) is installed and few of our products are saved on the same. Our products work only on sparc 6 + and i want to basically asve the products on the machine which has RHEL installed on it and mount the drive on the sun server and... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: sankasu
2 Replies

4. Solaris

Sun Studio 11 in OpenSolaris

Install Sun Studio 11 on OpenSolaris 2009.06 When run IDE - system return error: touch: cannot change times on /export/home/iktomy/.sunstudio/11-SunOS-i386/system/dontshowisw: Permission denied /opt/SUNWspro/prod/scripts/jdk_chooser: line 131: cat: command not found... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Iktomy
0 Replies

5. Solaris

Sun One Studio 12

Hi, Do you know where I can get a copy of Sun One Studio 12? I've looked on the Oracle Website but cannot find it to download!:confused: Thanks, Sparcman (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sparcman
1 Replies

6. Solaris

How to determine, whether Sun WorkShop is installed on Solaris worksation?

How to determine, whether Sun WorkShop is installed on Solaris worksation? And if It's installed, how to start one? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: wolfgang
2 Replies

7. Solaris

How to boot a sun Solaris server?

Hi everyone, I have searched on google and sun documentation but it's still not clear for me; how do we boot a sun Solaris server? I know what to do but only from this step: 1- start /SYS 2- start /SP/console The system go to to the prompt OK, then we use the BOOT command. My... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: adilyos
9 Replies

8. Solaris

Information regarding softwares installed on the Solaris server

I need to know information regarding the softwares/applications that are installed on my Solaris server and also its end of life or support information. Can some one help me how to get these details please... Thanks (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: ssk250
3 Replies

9. Solaris

Backup sun Solaris Server

hello, I need to make a backup for my sever Sun Solaris 10, is there any propositions to realize this , or a control line assembly to have a copy of my server. waiting for your reply thank you in advance (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Laila
5 Replies

10. Solaris

Sun Server and Solaris 7 Inquiry

Greetings! Will be firing up the good ole pizza box, soon. Does anyone know if Solaris 7 is still okay to use? Last time I attempted was 2006. Thank you in advance, ControlTomato (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: ControlTomato
6 Replies
install-solaris(1M)													       install-solaris(1M)

NAME
install-solaris - install the Solaris operating system SYNOPSIS
install-solaris install-solaris invokes the Solaris Install program. Depending on graphical capability and available memory at the time of invocation, install-solaris invokes either a text-based installer or a graphical installer. The following minimum requirements for physical memory dictate which features are available during installation: For SPARC machines: 128 MB Minimum physical memory for all installation types 128 MB Minimum physical memory required for windowing system 384 MB Minimum physical memory required for graphical-based installation For x86 machines: 256 MB Minimum physical memory for all installation types 256 MB Minimum physical memory required for windowing system 512 MB Minimum physical memory required for graphical-based installation In some cases, even if the minimum physical memory is present, available virtual memory after system startup can limit the number of fea- tures available. install-solaris exists only on the Solaris installation media (CD or DVD) and should be invoked only from there. Refer to the for more details. install-solaris allows installation of the operating system onto any standalone system. install-solaris loads the software available on the installation media. Refer to the for disk space requirements. Refer to the for more information on the various menus and selections. See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWcdrom (Solaris instal- | | |lation media) | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Interface Stability |Evolving | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ pkginfo(1), install(1M), pkgadd(1M), attributes(5) It is advisable to exit install-solaris by means of the exit options in the install-solaris menus. 23 Sep 2005 install-solaris(1M)