Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Pass all received args to a (wrapped) child script Post 302383150 by ironmask2004 on Monday 28th of December 2009 03:10:46 PM
Old 12-28-2009
Internal Variables

$*
All of the positional parameters, seen as a single word
Note "$*" must be quoted.
$@
Same as $*, but each parameter is a quoted string,
that is, the parameters are passed on intact, without interpretation or expansion.
This means, among other things, that each parameter in the argument list is seen as a separate word.
Note Of course, "$@" should be quoted.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Programming

i want to pass the connect fd to child process,how can i do ti?

i write a function using to pass the socket connected fd to child process in the sco unix open server 5.0.5,but in fact i execute the program calling the fuction,system report send the fd error: Jul 12 12:15 send_fd.c: send_fd sendmsg to sd error how can i solve the problem ,please help me!!!... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: hit
6 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

what is the max length of args i can pass in shell?

i have a shell script which takes several args. what is the maximum length of string i can give as argument? (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: senthilk615
6 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

C Shell Scripting - HELP! - checking total args in a script

Hi, I 'm trying to learn the scripting language and am trying to create a script to open a C Program, allow the user to edit it, and then run it. What I have works but only when you enter the name to be compiled and the c program, but what if you only entered the 1 argument (cprogram.c) ? but I 'm... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: patel_ankz
3 Replies

4. Programming

how to handle SQL exceptions to call script having args via java ?

Hi, i want to call shell script via java + in that shell script i m doing some sql operation by connecting to sqlplus . i want to return 0 if successful exeution of SQL operations else 1 ; is it possible ? #!/bin/sh Name=$1; export ORACLE_HOME $ORACLE_HOME/bin/sqlplus... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: crackthehit007
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

problem with KSH script: command line args

Hi I am executing a KSH script by passing command line arguments example: Red Green Dark Red Blue when I am splitting the arguments by using " "(Space) as delimiter But the colour Dark Red is a single parameter. But it is getting splitted in between How to avoid this. Please help Also... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: hemanth424
4 Replies

6. Programming

Pass parameter from a child make to a parent

Hello, I have the following problem: I have makefileproj and makefilemod in a build process for a complex project - from makefileproj I call the makefilemod. In makefilemod I generate a list containing objects eg,: "../../../25_Build/Results/Objects/FBL/Fls.o... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: marina_lmv
4 Replies

7. Linux

Run PHP script when new email received

I have been looking around for a solution to this, i have been developing for a wile though am very new to CGI, PHP and a lot of the web based tech. I have a web site hosted with a cPanel web host. I am looking to have a script(prefer PHP) to run everytime i get a new email to help@xxx.com.... (16 Replies)
Discussion started by: iKris
16 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

sh script for file received confirmation

I am new at scripting, (and this fourm- so hi guys!) and I was wondering is there something out there that I can use to do the following: I receive a file on an FTP server I would like a script to look at a specifc directory for a certain file and when it arrives it will send an email... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: mamemlin
8 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Store args passed in array but not the first 2 args

Store args passed in array but not the first 2 args. # bash declare -a arr=("$@") s=$(IFS=, eval 'echo "${arr}"') echo "$s" output: sh array.sh 1 2 3 4 5 6 1,2,3,4,5,6 Desired output: sh array.sh 1 2 3 4 5 6 3,4,5,6 (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: iaav
2 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Dsh command - shell script - sys args?

Sorry, a noobie question....! I want to use a linux cluster to copy a list of files. I want to split the processing over 3 nodes so that each node gets (more or less) an equal share. My script (base.sh) to execute my copy script (copy.sh) looks something like: #!/bin/bash for NODE in 1 2... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: pc2001
4 Replies
POLLRCVD(8)						      System Manager's Manual						       POLLRCVD(8)

NAME
pollrcvd - HylaFAX script for delivering facsimile received by polling SYNOPSIS
/var/spool/hylafax/bin/pollrcvd mailaddr faxfile devid commid error-msg DESCRIPTION
bin/pollrcvd is the command script invoked by the HylaFAX server whenever a facsimile is received as a result of a polling operation. The default script uses electronic mail to deliver the facsimile to the user that submitted the poll request, and can be controlled by editing the etc/PollDispatch shell script in the spooling area that is sourced by pollrcvd when it runs. The arguments are: mailaddr the electronic mail address of the user that submitted the poll request. faxfile the pathname of the received TIFF file relative to the root of the spooling hierarchy. commid The communication identifier associated with the call (used to include a transcript when an error occurs). devid the modem device on which the document was received. error-msg an error message that is non-null if an error was encountered during the receive operation. NOTES
The default script delivers facsimile as PostScript wrapped in MIME. FILES
/var/spool/hylafax spooling area /usr/sbin/faxinfo for printing information about the facsimile /usr/bin/fax2ps for converting TIFF to PostScript /usr/lib/sendmail for delivering mail SEE ALSO
faxq(8), hylafax-server(5), recvq(5) May 12, 1996 POLLRCVD(8)