Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: wget and xml isssue
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting wget and xml isssue Post 302383019 by capnino on Monday 28th of December 2009 04:00:18 AM
Old 12-28-2009
Hi there, thank you for your reply.
I have tried also the -A.xml but no luck, you are right Tony wget is looking for the index.html page that in this case doesn't exist.
Any idea how solve the problem ?
Thanks you again.
Greetings

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

email users isssue

Hi, my email server is set up in a different machine which runs lineox enterprise 3.0. It exports /var/spool/mail to the sun server running solaris 9 and hence, all workstations nd users can access their mail. but the problem is some users cannot open their mail at all. the error "mailer... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: stakes20
0 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

python - wget xml doc and parse with awk

Well, that's what I'd do in bash :) Here's what I have so far: import urllib2 from BeautifulSoup import BeautifulStoneSoup xml = urllib2.urlopen('http://weatherlink.com/xml.php?user=blah&pass=blah') soup = BeautifulStoneSoup(xml) print soup.prettify() but all it does is grab the html... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: unclecameron
0 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to add the multiple lines of xml tags before a particular xml tag in a file

Hi All, I'm stuck with adding multiple lines(irrespective of line number) to a file before a particular xml tag. Please help me. <A>testing_Location</A> <value>LA</value> <zone>US</zone> <B>Region</B> <value>Russia</value> <zone>Washington</zone> <C>Country</C>... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: mjavalkar
0 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl Reading Excel sheet isssue

There is a perl scriptwhich will read Excel sheet and create one file(.v) . Excel sheet::: A B C D 1 cpu_dailog 2 3 4 Perl will create the file(.v) like thsi ::: assert (cpu_dailog_iso ==2) ; assert (cpu_dailog_reset ==3); assert (cpu_dailog_idle... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: naaj_ila
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell Command to compare two xml lines while ignoring xml tags

I've got two different files and want to compare them. File 1 : HTML Code: <response ticketId="944" type="getQueryResults"><status>COMPLETE</status><description>Query results fetched successfully</description><recordSet totalCount="1" type="sms_records"><record... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Shaishav Shah
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to add Xml tags to an existing xml using shell or awk?

Hi , I have a below xml: <ns:Body> <ns:result> <Date Month="June" Day="Monday:/> </ns:result> </ns:Body> i have a lookup abc.txtt text file with below details Month June July August Day Monday Tuesday Wednesday I need a output xml with below tags <ns:Body> <ns:result>... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Nevergivup
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Wget - working in browser but cannot download from wget

Hi, I need to download a zip file from my the below US govt link. https://www.sam.gov/SAMPortal/extractfiledownload?role=WW&version=SAM&filename=SAM_PUBLIC_MONTHLY_20160207.ZIP I only have wget utility installed on the server. When I use the below command, I am getting error 403... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Prasannag87
2 Replies

8. Web Development

CURL - Post Form Isssue ( sequel )

Hi, I write a new thread to discuss about my closed topic with new information ( /280990-curl-post-form-issue.html ) The previous post was closed because of missing informations, I didn't have access yet to server logs. ----------------------------------------------------------------------... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Fred13
4 Replies

9. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Grepping multiple XML tag results from XML file.

I want to write a one line script that outputs the result of multiple xml tags from a XML file. For example I have a XML file which has below XML tags in the file: <EMAIL>***</EMAIL> <CUSTOMER_ID>****</CUSTOMER_ID> <BRANDID>***</BRANDID> Now I want to grep the values of all these specified... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: shubh752
1 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

How to pull multiple XML tags from the same XML file in Shell.?

I'm searching for the names of a TV show in the XML file I've attached at the end of this post. What I'm trying to do now is pull out/list the data from each of the <SeriesName> tags throughout the document. Currently, I'm only able to get data the first instance of that XML field using the... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: hungryd
9 Replies
SMBGET(1)																 SMBGET(1)

NAME
smbget - wget-like utility for download files over SMB SYNOPSIS
smbget [-a,--guest] [-r,--resume] [-R,--recursive] [-u,--username=STRING] [-p,--password=STRING] [-w,--workgroup=STRING] [-n,--nonprompt] [-d,--debuglevel=INT] [-D,--dots] [-P,--keep-permissions] [-o,--outputfile] [-f,--rcfile] [-q,--quiet] [-v,--verbose] [-b,--blocksize] [-?,--help] [--usage] {smb://host/share/path/to/file} [smb://url2/] [...] DESCRIPTION
This tool is part of the samba(7) suite. smbget is a simple utility with wget-like semantics, that can download files from SMB servers. You can specify the files you would like to download on the command-line. The files should be in the smb-URL standard, e.g. use smb://host/share/file for the UNC path \HOSTSHAREfile. OPTIONS
-a, --guest Work as user guest -r, --resume Automatically resume aborted files -R, --recursive Recursively download files -u, --username=STRING Username to use -p, --password=STRING Password to use -w, --workgroup=STRING Workgroup to use (optional) -n, --nonprompt Don't ask anything (non-interactive) -d, --debuglevel=INT Debuglevel to use -D, --dots Show dots as progress indication -P, --keep-permissions Set same permissions on local file as are set on remote file. -o, --outputfile Write the file that is being download to the specified file. Can not be used together with -R. -f, --rcfile Use specified rcfile. This will be loaded in the order it was specified - e.g. if you specify any options before this one, they might get overriden by the contents of the rcfile. -q, --quiet Be quiet -v, --verbose Be verbose -b, --blocksize Number of bytes to download in a block. Defaults to 64000. -?, --help Show help message --usage Display brief usage message SMB URLS
SMB URL's should be specified in the following format: smb://[[[domain;]user[:password@]]server[/share[/path[/file]]]] smb:// means all the workgroups smb://name/ means, if name is a workgroup, all the servers in this workgroup, or if name is a server, all the shares on this server. EXAMPLES
# Recursively download 'src' directory smbget -R smb://rhonwyn/jelmer/src # Download FreeBSD ISO and enable resuming smbget -r smb://rhonwyn/isos/FreeBSD5.1.iso # Recursively download all ISOs smbget -Rr smb://rhonwyn/isos # Backup my data on rhonwyn smbget -Rr smb://rhonwyn/ BUGS
Permission denied is returned in some cases where the cause of the error is unknown (such as an illegally formatted smb:// url or trying to get a directory without -R turned on). VERSION
This man page is correct for version 3.0 of the Samba suite. AUTHOR
The original Samba software and related utilities were created by Andrew Tridgell. Samba is now developed by the Samba Team as an Open Source project similar to the way the Linux kernel is developed. The smbget manpage was written by Jelmer Vernooij. SMBGET(1)