Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Linux Reading Daylight Saving Time in Linux using C/C++ Post 302382605 by animesh303 on Thursday 24th of December 2009 03:13:59 AM
Old 12-24-2009
I am not sure if C/C++ libraries has anything to do with the Linux kernel being used. You may need to check C/C++ documentation for the implementation.

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Timestamp - confusion with daylight saving time

Hello! I'm currently working on a climatological dataset that uses unix-timestamp and a real date like 28/03/2004 02:45:00 h. in spring the unix-timestamp follows its continuos mode but in the column of the real date the time jumps one hour forward (e.g. from 1:59:59 to 3:00:00). i think this is... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: softmachine
1 Replies

2. Solaris

disable daylight saving

hi ... i have an E450 sun server that is running solaris 6 . i want to disable daylight savings on my server . My question is : 1) how to know that my server is running daylight savings ? 2) how to disable it ? my zoneinfo file contains the following # @(#)init.dfl 1.2 92/11/26 # #... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ppass
1 Replies

3. AIX

Daylight Saving Time patch test

On AIX 5.1, after applying a DST patch or workaround, is there a way to test that the DST changes have taken effect? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: dangral
1 Replies

4. HP-UX

How to set the Daylight Saving Time (DST) OFF

I have a problem with the time so I need to set the DST to be OFF. is anybody can show me how to set the DST to be OFF? (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: Billy_yuli
11 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Daylight saving not working properly with linux-2.6. kernel

The daylight saving action is not working Time zone was set for that Australia(parth) and issued reboot. Now for DST, (Daylight Saving Time): For 29 Oct 2006 (sunday) day, if set time is 1:59:00 than after 1 minute it will become 3:00:00 as per DST . This was found to be happening.i.e DST... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: subratasaharia
1 Replies

6. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Daylight saving not working properly with linux-2.6. kernel

The daylight saving action is not working Time zone was set for that Australia(parth) and issued reboot. Now for DST, (Daylight Saving Time): For 29 Oct 2006 (sunday) day, if set time is 1:59:00 than after 1 minute it will become 3:00:00 as per DST . This was found to be happening.i.e DST... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: subratasaharia
1 Replies

7. Linux

How to configure daylight saving time

Hi, I have few doubt on daylight saving. Can any one clarify the below points. 1) How to configure daylight saving(DLS) time ? 2) How to query DLS ? 3) If i set DLS(say some how) will it be autometically changed or user has to manually change system time ? I got few info on net about... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: ashokd001
3 Replies

8. Linux

How does Linux handle DST ( daylight saving time)?

Hello Can sombody please tell me how linux handles DST ( daylight saving time) ? Does the time change instantly , ex: if is is 3'o clock does linux instantly swich to 2'o clock ? plese give more info about this toppic (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: martonlorand
2 Replies

9. Solaris

Solaris 11 Daylight Saving Time

Hello, Quick question: How do I verify if my Solaris 11 hosts/zones, configured with NTP, would change automatically to the DST? Thanks! (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: feroccimx
1 Replies
KRB5-CONFIG(1)						      General Commands Manual						    KRB5-CONFIG(1)

NAME
krb5-config - tool for linking against MIT Kerberos libraries SYNOPSIS
krb5-config [ --help | --all | --version | --vendor | --prefix | --exec-prefix | --cflags | --libs libraries ] DESCRIPTION
krb5-config tells the application programmer what special flags to use to compile and link programs against the installed Kerberos libraries. OPTIONS
--help print usage message. This is the default. --all prints version, vendor, prefix and exec-prefix. --version prints the version of the installed Kerberos implementation. --vendor prints the vendor of the installed Kerberos implementation. --prefix prints the prefix with which Kerberos was built. --exec-prefix prints the exec-prefix with which Kerberos was built. --cflags prints the compiler flags with which Kerberos was built. --libs libraries list compiler options required to link with libraries. Possible values for libraries are: krb5 Kerberos 5 application gssapi GSSAPI application with Kerberos 5 bindings kadm-client Kadmin client kadm-server Kadmin server kdb Application that accesses the kerberos database SEE ALSO
kerberos(1), cc(1) KRB5-CONFIG(1)