Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: telnet problem
Operating Systems Linux telnet problem Post 302382175 by SkySmart on Tuesday 22nd of December 2009 12:05:59 PM
Old 12-22-2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by jim mcnamara
This should get you out of telnet
Code:
while read ipaddress
do
telnet $ipaddress <<EOF
close
EOF
done < addressfile > logfile

Examine logfile for problems

this look like it could do the job. but it's not working.

this is my code:

Code:
while read line

do

telnet $line $PORT <<EOF
	close
	EOF>>

done

the above code fails with a:

./telnet_connectivity.sh: 17: Syntax error: end of file unexpected (expecting "done")

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Having problem using Telnet!!!!

Good day to you all, Hope you must doing good..me..oh no I am not..I've trying to log on to my network from home...but it's not letting me...I am trying to use telnet cis.hfcc.net but it's saying "connection to the host cannot to be established"????what is this...any good reason...do I have to... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: tahaislam
2 Replies

2. Filesystems, Disks and Memory

telnet problem

Hello friends, The problem is that we have one SunOS5.7 server, while attempting telnet to that server following error is occured - ld.so.1: login: fatal: libc.so.1: open failed: Too many open files The login on console is possible. The inetd daemon is running. inetd.conf and services... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: rahul72
1 Replies

3. IP Networking

telnet problem

Hello friends, The problem is that we have one SunOS5.7 server, while attempting telnet to that server following error is occured - ld.so.1: login: fatal: libc.so.1: open failed: Too many open files The login on console is possible. The inetd daemon is running. inetd.conf and services... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: rahul72
3 Replies

4. HP-UX

telnet problem, help

Hi, My network layout is: Pub LAN | freeBSD | Internal LAN | + telnet srv on HP-UX 10.x box + other services (http, pop3, smtp, ftp)... I've the following problem: Inside Internal LAN I can connect myself to HP-UX telnet but from Public LAN in some place is refusing me... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: efrenba
5 Replies

5. AIX

telnet problem

hi all, i have a problem in telnet.when i am using telnet to my new aix server it takes about 5min to open. can any one tell what i have to do.???? (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: rrlog
5 Replies

6. Solaris

Telnet Problem Help

Dear All I have a Sun280R server when i telnet to this server from my Laptop i got error : Could connect to 192.168.199.10(Server IP):port 23 closed I want to login to the server through its Db25 serial port but i used to connect to it from my laptop through USB to db9 then to Db25 so do... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: zanetti321
1 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Telnet Problem

I have a problem where on one unix machine I can telnet all IP addresses in the host file with no connection problem and another machine has recently started to have trouble connecting with the same host IP's on just some IP addresses where it had no trouble before. Have any ideas?? (17 Replies)
Discussion started by: tazzy
17 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

telnet problem

Hello everyone, I have got this following script to telnet to other UNIX boxes from one UNIX box and then run a script to count a certain paramater. The following line connects to the other box(es): (sleep 1; echo $username; sleep 1; echo $password ; sleep 1 ; echo y; sleep 1; echo "\r" ; sleep 1... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Rajat
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Webpage to Telnet via Perl and Expect: Telnet problem?

Somewhat long story: I have a simple Perl CGI script that uses Expect to Telnet to a device and grab some data, and then spits it back to Perl for display on the Webpage. This works for many devices I've tried, but one device just fails, it keeps rejecting the password on this device, only... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jondo
1 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

problem with Net::Telnet

#!/usr/bin/perl use strict; use warnings; use Net::Telnet (); my $t = new Net::Telnet (Timeout => 10, Prompt => '/.*(#|>|\))\s*$/'); my $remote_host='home'; $t->open(Host => $remote_host, Port =>23); $t->login('root', 'pass'); the error that I get... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: lassimanji
4 Replies
XRLOGIN(1)						      General Commands Manual							XRLOGIN(1)

NAME
xrlogin - start an xterm that uses ssh (or optionally rlogin or telnet) to connect to a remote host SYNOPSIS
xrlogin [-l username] [-rlogin|-telnet] [xterm options] remote-host DESCRIPTION
Xrlogin opens an xterm window and runs ssh, rlogin or telnet to login to a remote host. Xrlogin automatically passes the -name argument to xterm with a value of "xterm-hostname" where hostname is the name of the remote host. This allows the user to specify resources in their server's resource manager which are specific to xterms from a given host. For example, this feature can be used to make all xterm windows to a given remote host be the same color or use a specific font or start up in a spe- cific place on the screen. Xrsh(1) passes the same string so they are compatible in this regard. Xrlogin specifies that the default title for the new xterm will be "hostname" where hostname is the name of the remote host. This and the -name argument above can be overridden with xterm-options on the command line. One could also use xrlogin's sister command xrsh(1) to open a window to a remote host. In the case of xrsh, the xterm would run on the remote host and use X as the connection protocol while xrlogin would run the xterm on the local host and use rlogin or telnet as the con- nection protocol. See xrsh(1) for a discussion of the merits of each scheme. OPTIONS
-l username When not using -telnet, use username as the id to login to the remote host. -rlogin Use the rlogin protocol to open the connection. In general rlogin is preferred because it can be configured to not prompt the user for a password. Rlogin also automatically propagates window size change signals (SIGWINCH) to the remote host so that applications running there will learn of a new window size. -telnet Use the -telnet protocol to open the connection. Use of telnet provided mostly for hosts that don't support rlogin. COMMON PROBLEMS
Make sure that the local host is specified in the .rhosts file on the remote host or in the remote hosts /etc/hosts.equiv file. See rlogin(1) for more information. EXAMPLES
xrlogin -bg red yoda Start a local red xterm which connects to the remote host yoda using rlogin. xrlogin -telnet c70 Open a local xterm which connects to the remote host c70 using telnet. SEE ALSO
xrsh(1), rlogin(1), telnet(1) AUTHOR
James J. Dempsey <jjd@jjd.com> and Stephen Gildea <gildea@intouchsys.com>. X Version 11 Release 6 XRLOGIN(1)