Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: PGREP Arguments
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers PGREP Arguments Post 302381984 by Scrutinizer on Monday 21st of December 2009 03:58:57 PM
Old 12-21-2009
Sorry, that should be
Code:
pgrep -f '.*\.sh'

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. AIX

pgrep substitute for porting a linux script to AIX 5.x

Hi, I'm trying to get this script to work on an AIX 5.3 box, I couldn't get pgrep for AIX, I also realize that ps works differently on the IBM boxes. Could anybody just give me the specifics of a work around for my problem, I'll adjust the whole script: #!/bin/bash # applabs.com #to do: #... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: thebytegrill
3 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

[: too many arguments

Hi Guys I have this small Bash script - but it fails when I'm trying to run it. ./test.sh: && ; then # date >> /writable/sys/shutdown.log shutdown -h "now" exit fi done (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: tainted2real
4 Replies

3. Programming

pgrep returns 256

Hi Everyone, I have a strange behaviour In my c program i use this line: int retval = system("pgrep encoder"); while i expect retval to contain 0,1,2,3 i get 256. did i do something wrong? thanks, Alex (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: alex889
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Too many arguments

echo "the number from 1 to 10:" i=1 while do echo $i i=`expr $i+1' done above is the program i written in Linux O.S using vi editor but i am getting the error that while: line 3: i am not understanding that why i am getting this error. can any body please help me regarding this... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: bsatishbabu
3 Replies

5. HP-UX

pgrep doesn't perform full command line pattern matching

Hi! I need to get PID of some particular process and I wonder if I can use pgrep tool for this purpose. The problem is that pgrep doesn't perform pattern matching on the whole command line, even if I use -f key. Parsing output of ps command is not quite convenient... Also deamon, which PID I need... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Sapfeer
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

grep with two arguments to arguments to surch for

Hello, is it possible to give grep two documents to surche for? like grep "test" /home/one.txt AND /home/two.txt ? thanks (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Cybertron
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Ssh and pgrep not working

I have setup SSH keys . Trying to grep to get PID of remote jvm's . this is what am doing ssh -q testuser1@myhost.com 'PID1=pgrep -fl testapp1|awk "{print $1}";PID2=pgrep -fl testapp2|awk "{print $1}" ' echo $PID1, $PID2 it throws error"sh: -fl: command not found" ---------- Post updated... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: kondagadu
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Pgrep for processes which are not associated with a terminal in Ubuntu

I would like to find all of the PIDs of processes which are not associated with a terminal and started by CRON. When I do the ps aux | less command, I see in the TTY field a lot of processes with ? character I would like to get those processes ID, is there a way to do that with pgrep? ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ASF Studio
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Pgrep not showing desired output

I am searching for a process that should be up and running. Im using the following command ps -ef | grep elasticsearch to get elastic+ 1673 1 0 Jan29 ? 05:08:56 /bin/java -Xms4g -Xmx4g -Djava.awt.headless=true -XX:+UseParNewGC -XX:+UseConcMarkSweepGC... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Junaid Subhani
1 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Echo/kill pgrep

Hi folks. I'm wondering why the following doesn't work and hoe to fix it... I can: # pgrep foo 1234 I can: # echo | pgrep foo 1234 But I can't # kill | pgrep foo kill: usage: blah blah So why does echo pipe correctly but kill doesn't? (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: MuntyScrunt
9 Replies
Locale::Script(3perl)					 Perl Programmers Reference Guide				     Locale::Script(3perl)

NAME
Locale::Script - standard codes for script identification SYNOPSIS
use Locale::Script; $script = code2script('phnx'); # 'Phoenician' $code = script2code('Phoenician'); # 'Phnx' $code = script2code('Phoenician', LOCALE_CODE_NUMERIC); # 115 @codes = all_script_codes(); @scripts = all_script_names(); DESCRIPTION
The "Locale::Script" module provides access to standards codes used for identifying scripts, such as those defined in ISO 15924. Most of the routines take an optional additional argument which specifies the code set to use. If not specified, the default ISO 15924 four-letter codes will be used. SUPPORTED CODE SETS
There are several different code sets you can use for identifying scripts. The ones currently supported are: alpha This is a set of four-letter (capitalized) codes from ISO 15924 such as 'Phnx' for Phoenician. This code set is identified with the symbol "LOCALE_SCRIPT_ALPHA". The Zxxx, Zyyy, and Zzzz codes are not used. This is the default code set. numeric This is a set of three-digit numeric codes from ISO 15924 such as 115 for Phoenician. This code set is identified with the symbol "LOCALE_SCRIPT_NUMERIC". ROUTINES
code2script ( CODE [,CODESET] ) script2code ( NAME [,CODESET] ) script_code2code ( CODE ,CODESET ,CODESET2 ) all_script_codes ( [CODESET] ) all_script_names ( [CODESET] ) Locale::Script::rename_script ( CODE ,NEW_NAME [,CODESET] ) Locale::Script::add_script ( CODE ,NAME [,CODESET] ) Locale::Script::delete_script ( CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Script::add_script_alias ( NAME ,NEW_NAME ) Locale::Script::delete_script_alias ( NAME ) Locale::Script::rename_script_code ( CODE ,NEW_CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Script::add_script_code_alias ( CODE ,NEW_CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Script::delete_script_code_alias ( CODE [,CODESET] ) These routines are all documented in the Locale::Codes man page. SEE ALSO
Locale::Codes Locale::Constants http://www.unicode.org/iso15924/ Home page for ISO 15924. AUTHOR
See Locale::Codes for full author history. Currently maintained by Sullivan Beck (sbeck@cpan.org). COPYRIGHT
Copyright (c) 1997-2001 Canon Research Centre Europe (CRE). Copyright (c) 2001-2010 Neil Bowers Copyright (c) 2010-2011 Sullivan Beck This module is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. perl v5.14.2 2011-09-26 Locale::Script(3perl)