Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: What do you do for a living?
The Lounge What is on Your Mind? What do you do for a living? Post 302381488 by joeyg on Friday 18th of December 2009 11:47:55 AM
Old 12-18-2009
Hammer & Screwdriver Do for a living?

I play with computers, of course.
Currently, my job title is Systems Administrator. Just started with a new company, so networks and programmings and projects and ...

2 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Linux

Starting over, making a living with linux?

I really like to use linux, although I freely admit I don't know squat about it. I can install it, update it and get it to most of what I would like it to do, up to running some windows apps on it. I am going back so to school starting on the 25th, with a declared major of Information... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Methal
1 Replies

2. What is on Your Mind?

Video: What Do You Do for a Living? @UNIX.com

Video: What Do You Do for a Living? @UNIX.com https://youtu.be/eTddtFa_Z_g We asked our users at UNIX.com what they do for a living, and this was their top three replies in 1080 HD video. Shout-outs to quotes in the video from forum members Akshay Hegde, geeky404, ni2 and joeyg. Here... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Neo
0 Replies
started(7)						 Miscellaneous Information Manual						started(7)

NAME
started - event signalling that a job is running SYNOPSIS
started JOB=JOB INSTANCE=INSTANCE [ENV]... DESCRIPTION
The started event is generated by the Upstart init(8) daemon when an instance of a job has finished starting and is now running. The JOB environment variable contains the job name, and the INSTANCE environment variable contains the instance name which will be empty for sin- gle-instance jobs. init(8) emits this event as an informational signal, services and tasks started or stopped by this event will do so in parallel with other activity. It is typically combined with the stopping(7) event by services declaring a dependency. Job configuration files may use the export stanza to export environment variables from their own environment into the started event. See init(5) for more details. EXAMPLE
A service that wishes to depend on another service might use: start on started apache stop on stopping apache A task that must be run after another task or service has been started might use: start on started postgresql SEE ALSO
starting(7) stopping(7) stopped(7) init(5) Upstart 2009-07-09 started(7)