Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Paste two file side by side together based on specific pattern match problem Post 302381424 by Scott on Friday 18th of December 2009 06:10:42 AM
Old 12-18-2009
Hi Patrick.

Quote:
Originally Posted by patrick87
Hi scottn,
Thanks for your reminding Smilie
Can I ask you what is the meaning of "?" and "A[$1]:$0"?

It's really just shorthand for an if-then-else statement. Search for "The Conditional Statement"
here

---------- Post updated at 05:24 AM ---------- Previous update was at 05:17 AM ----------
Quote:
Originally Posted by patrick87
Can I ask you how we can determine to use awk, nawk, or gawk?
I use awk because it is generally a copy of or link to nawk or gawk, so I don't need to know or think about which one is installed.

i.e. On AIX it's a link to nawk, on Linux awk and nawk are probably both linked to gawk.

The only exception is on Solaris, where you should use nawk, /usr/xpg4/bin/awk or gawk (if it's available) instead of /usr/bin/awk.

_ is just a cool name to use for a variable :-)

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to print two sql query outputs side by side in excel

Hi, I have to sql queries like select sno,sname from temptable; select deptno,dname from depttable; In excel i want to specify the column number to which my output should be displayed. please help me in this... thanks in advance... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: prasee
6 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script to place selected columns from a group of files side by side in a new file

Hi Everyone, I need a shell/perl script to bring selected columns from all the files located in a directory and place them in a new file side by side. File1: a b c d 2 3 4 5 f g h i .......... File2: I II III IV w x y z .............. and so on many files are there...... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: ks_reddy
8 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to Merge / combine / join / paste 2 text files side-by-side

I have 2 text files, both have one simple, single column. The 2 files might be the same length, or might not, and if not, it's unknown which one would be longer. For this example, file1 is longer: ---file1 Joe Bob Mary Sally Fred Elmer David ---file2 Tomato House Car... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: cajunfries
3 Replies

4. Web Development

Cannot access Apache web server from Wan side, only Lan side.

I have installed WAMPSERVER 2.0 on my windows vista x64 system but still am having issues with getting the webserver to be seen outside my local network. It is working fine within my local network. Been through several setup tutorials so far, no dice still. For testing purposes I have... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: davidmanvell
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need help on appending info from one file to other side by side

Hi All, I have a file abc.xls which contains data applciation usage merlin 24000 hermes 48000 and my script generates an output to a file def.xls applciation usage merlin 23000 hermes 50000 Daily i want to schedule this script to run and I need the second column to be appended to the... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: jagadish_gaddam
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

printing 3 files side by side based on similar values in rows

Hi I'm trying to compare 3 or more files based on similar values and outputting them into 3 columns. For example: file1 ABC DEF GHI file2 DEF DER file3 ABC DER The output should come out like this file1 file2 file3 ABC ABC (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: zerofire123
4 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

AWK to merge multiple files side by side

I have about 100s of files of type text in a known directory. I want to merge all files side by side. Number of lines in all the files will remain same. For example file1 contains cat dog File 2 contains rat mat Output file should be cat rat dog mat Using awk I was able to... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: kanthrajgowda
5 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to print contents side by side of a file ?

Hi Team, I have input like Input file.txt Contents: Total: 939720704 bytes Total: 521142272 bytes Total: 262144 bytes Total: 786432 bytes Total: 9043968 bytes Total: 9371648 bytes I need out put like the content of file should be side by side.that is 1st line beside... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: rocking77
3 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Paste many files together side by side

Hi, Thank you for your help in advance :D. I have thousands of files like... file01 file02 file03 . . . file6324 I would like to paste every other file side by side so it looks like file01 file02 file03 file04 ...e.t.c file6323 file6324 (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: shaz1990
3 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to run 2 python scripts at the same time side by side on the same line?

Could I run 2 python scripts at the same time side by side output on the same line in this same format but with scripts? from itertools import izip_longest with open("file1") as textfile1, open("file2") as textfile2: for x, y in izip_longest(textfile1, textfile2, fillvalue=""): x =... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: bigvito19
4 Replies
STEREO3D(1)						      General Commands Manual						       STEREO3D(1)

NAME
stereo3d - render a Raster3D scene as a side-by-side stereo pair SYNOPSIS
stereo3d [options] [-png [outfile.png ]] < infile.r3d > outfile.png stereo3d [options] -tiff [outfile.tiff] < infile.r3d > outfile.tiff stereo3d is a shell script that renders a single Raster3D input file as a side-by-side stereo pair. stereo3d uses the Raster3D utilities normal3d and render, and the ImageMagick image processing package. Intermediate scratch files are created in directory TMPDIR, if defined, otherwise in /usr/tmp. The right eye and left eye views are separately rendered, optionally given black borders, and merged to form a single side-by-side stereo pair. Input is from stdin, output is to stdout unless a filename is given as an argument to the -png or -tiff options. EXAMPLES
If the following line would render a single image: render -tiff single.tiff < input.r3d then the following line would render the same scene as a stereo pair instead: stereo3d -tiff stereo.tiff < input.r3d OPTIONS
The options below are specific to stereo3d. All other options, e.g. -labels or -gamma 1.2 are passed through to the render program. -angsep By default the stereo effect is generated by a shear operation. The -angsep option creates stereo by using angular separation instead. Neither option is perfect: the default handles shadows badly, and the -angsep option blurs specular highlights. -border By default the left and right images are placed next to each other with no intervening space and no frame around them. The -border option requests a 4 pixel wide black border separating and surrounding the component images. SOURCE
web URL: http://www.bmsc.washington.edu/raster3d/raster3d.html contact: Ethan A Merritt University of Washington, Seattle WA 98195 merritt@u.washington.edu SEE ALSO
normal3d(l), render(l), raster3d(l) AUTHORS
Ethan A Merritt. Raster3D 19 Dec 2010 STEREO3D(1)