Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Solaris Command History for a user with IP details Post 302381419 by incredible on Friday 18th of December 2009 05:53:21 AM
Old 12-18-2009
you have to create the /var/adm/loginlog file to log users connection. this should have been done during the OS hardening (/var/log/syslog.conf). each user's .bash_history file logs the history of commands executed. whenever a user logs in, use the script command to record the actities to a file.
For eg. try this so that you can see.
Login to system
type:-
cd /
script /tmp/rec_cmds
do whatever you want , useradd , del file, housekeep or run scripts etc
crtl+D

cat /tmp/rec_cmds <-- shows you what had just happened

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Solaris

user logon details

how can i identifying whose are logged in last few days,time and date also want. what i will do for get that information (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: sijocg
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

History to Another file [local user history , but root access]

Hi all, My need is : 1. To know who , when , which command used. 2. Local user should not delete this information. I mean , with an example , i can say i have a user user1 i need to give all the following permissions to user1, : a. A specific directory other than his home... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: linuxadmin
3 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

The history command: See other users command history

Can anyone tell this: If two users are logged into the same server from different locations. Is there a way to see the history command of the other user? I tried the history command, but it is showing me only the commands I used. Thanks in advance for your help. Iamnew2solaris (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: iamnew2solaris
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

command history of a particular user in a multiuser environment

Is it possible to find out the history of recently typed in commands of a particular user in a multi user system? the history command expects a numeric argument with it. is it possible to find out the history o commands of a particular user say John_smith for example? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: arindamlive
2 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Capturing the login logout details of user

Hi I'm new to Shell scripting .Can anyone please help me how to capture user's login and logout details and load them into a table... we are using Oracle DB on UNIX:confused: (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: rajmohan146
3 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

History to Another file [local user history , but root access]

Hi all, My need is : 1. To know who , when , which command used. 2. Local user should not delete this information. I mean , with an example , i can say i have a user user1 i need to give all the following permissions to user1, : a. A specific directory other than his home... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sriky86
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

History of all the users in single file with command , date . time , ip and user

HTML Code archive_history() { HISTORYOLD=${HISTFILE}.archive CURTIME=`date` CURTTY=`tty` IP=$(echo $SSH_CLIENT | awk '{print $1}') if ; then echo "#-${HOSTNAME}-- ${CURBASHDATE} - ${CURTIME} ($CURTTY) ${USER} ${IP}----" >> $HISTORYOLD history... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: rehantayyab82
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

History of all the users in single file with command , date . time , ip and user

HTML Code: archive_history() { HISTORYOLD=${HISTFILE}.archive CURTIME=`date` CURTTY=`tty` IP=$(echo $SSH_CLIENT | awk '{print $1}') if ; then echo "#-${HOSTNAME}-- ${CURBASHDATE} - ${CURTIME} ($CURTTY) ${USER} ${IP}----" >> $HISTORYOLD history... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: rehantayyab82
0 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script to append user details as soon as he logs in

I'm wishing to create a log myself where I wish to: 1.Write a script in /bin folder to make a separate log in var/log folder & 2.Call the script in bashrc each time a user logs in, I'm trying to avoid CRONJOB as it would take too much of my memory after iterations. So I just need to append the... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Lionking93
2 Replies

10. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Fc command does not display all commands history of a user

hi, i have an AIX6.1 machine and i modified a user's profile so that it creates history file for each ip address that connects with this user. the reason i did this is because more than 1 person connects with the same user so i want to keep track of command run by all of them. therefore, in the... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: omonoiatis9
5 Replies
FAXCRON(8C)															       FAXCRON(8C)

NAME
faxcron - HylaFAX routine maintenance script SYNOPSIS
/usr/sbin/faxcron [ -n ] [ -l lastrun ] DESCRIPTION
faxcron is a command script that does routine upkeep tasks in a HylaFAX spooling directory hierarchy. This script is intended to be invoked from cron(8C) on behalf of the fax user (often the ``fax'' user is uucp) once a day, with the standard output sent by mail to the HylaFAX administrator. For example, the following crontab might be set up for the fax user: 25 23 * * * sh /usr/sbin/faxcron | mail FaxMaster The faxcron script does the following work: o report statistics for facsimile transmitted since the last time faxcron was run. o report statistics for facsimile transmitted in the past week. o report statistics for facsimile received since the last time faxcron was run. o report statistics for facsimile received in the past week. o report any recent calls that failed suspiciously and return the associated trace log; o purge data that is 30 days or older from the remote machine information directory; o delete information that is 30 days or older from session trace log files; o remove files from the tmp directory that are older than 1 day; o remove files in the received facsimile queue that are 7 days or older; o report sites that are currently having jobs rejected; and o force all session log files to be owned by the fax user and kept with protection mode 644. OPTIONS
-n Forces faxcron to run without updating any files. -l lastrun Forces the notion of the last time that faxcron was run to be lastrun. The value of lastrun is a date and time string of the form ``MM/DD/YY HH:MM'' (the date(1) format string ``%D %H:%M''). -info n Set the expiration time for data in the info database to be n days. -log n Set the expiration time for session log data to be n days. -rcv n Set the expiration time for files in the received facsimile queue to be n days. -tmp n Set the expiration time for files in the tmp directory to be n days. -mode m Set the file protection mode for session logs to m (a command line argument to chmod(1)). NOTES
This script requires nawk(1) or gawk(1) and a date(1) program that supports the ``+format'' option. If session logs are to be kept private this script must be modified to filter out sensitive information such as calling card numbers. (It should also be run with ``-mode 0600'' so that session log files are not publicly readable.) FILES
/var/spool/fax spooling area /var/spool/fax/etc/lastrun timestamp of last run /usr/sbin/xferfaxstats for generating transmit statistics /usr/sbin/recvstats for generating receive statistics /var/spool/fax/tmp/faxcronXXXX temporary file for truncating session logs /var/spool/fax/tmp/faxlogXXXX temporary file for logs of failed calls SEE ALSO
cron(8C), faxq(8C), faxgetty(8C), faxsend(8C), xferfaxstats(8C), recvstats(8C), hylafax-server(5F) May 12, 1996 FAXCRON(8C)