Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Load Average threshold
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Load Average threshold Post 302381176 by proactiveaditya on Thursday 17th of December 2009 10:19:56 AM
Old 12-17-2009
@Tytalus

May i know the name of the books. Thanks

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

load average

we have an unix system which has load average normally about 20. but while i am running a particular unix batch which performs heavy operations on filesystem and database average load reduces to 15. how can we explain this situation? while running that batch idle cpu time is about %60-65... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: gfhgfnhhn
0 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Load Average

Hello all, I have a question about load averages. I've read the man pages for the uptime and w command for two or three different flavors of Unix (Red Hat, Tru64, Solaris). All of them agree that in the output of the 2 aforementioned commands, you are given the load average for the box, but... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Heathe_Kyle
3 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Determening load average.

Hi, I'm new to shell scripting. I need to make a script to add on to my cronjobs. The script must get the value of load average from my server and if its greater than 10 it should stop my apache service. I cant find a way to get the value of load average in integer type to do the check. Any... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: jibsonline
4 Replies

4. Solaris

load average query.

Hi, i have installed solaris 10 on t-5120 sparc enterprise. I am little surprised to see load average of 2 or around on this OS. when checked with ps command following process is using highest CPU. looks like it is running for long time and does not want to stop, but I do not know... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: upengan78
5 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Please Help me in my load average

Hello AlL,.. I want from experts to help me as my load average is increased and i dont know where is the problem !! this is my top result : root@a4s # top top - 11:30:38 up 40 min, 1 user, load average: 3.06, 2.49, 4.66 Mem: 8168788k total, 2889596k used, 5279192k free, 47792k... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: black-code
3 Replies

6. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Load average in UNIX

Hi , I am using 48 CPU sunOS server at my work. The application has facility to check the current load average before starting a new process to control the load. Right now it is configured as 48. So it does mean that each CPU can take maximum one proces and no processe is waiting. ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: kumaran_5555
2 Replies

7. Solaris

Load Average and Lwps

NPROC USERNAME SWAP RSS MEMORY TIME CPU 320 oracle 23G 22G 69% 582:55:11 85% 47 root 148M 101M 0.3% 99:29:40 0.3% 53 rafmsdb 38M 60M 0.2% 0:46:17 0.1% 1 smmsp 1296K 5440K 0.0% 0:00:08 0.0% 7 daemon ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: snjksh
2 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Help with load average?

how load average is calculated and what exactly is it difference between cpu% and load average (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: robo
9 Replies

9. HP-UX

Load average unit

Hi, On load average graph, unit is 100m, 200m, 300...800m. I don't understand what it means. Thx for helping (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Michenux
3 Replies

10. Infrastructure Monitoring

Setting Nagios warning and critical load threshold?

Hii everyone. I am here with a new query hoping linux gurus can help me. we have server that was cloned from physical to virtual. Now the load on this server has tremendously reduced. But the threshold set are w.r.t physical server and we do not receive any alert for load as the increased... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: zsycho
1 Replies
pset_getloadavg(3C)                                        Standard C Library Functions                                        pset_getloadavg(3C)

NAME
pset_getloadavg - get system load averages for a processor set SYNOPSIS
#include <sys/pset.h> #include <sys/loadavg.h> int pset_getloadavg(psetid_t pset, double loadavg[], int nelem); DESCRIPTION
The pset_getloadavg() function returns the number of processes assigned to the specified processor set that are in the system run queue, averaged over various periods of time. Up to nelem samples are retrieved and assigned to successive elements of loadavg[]. The system imposes a maximum of 3 samples, representing averages over the last 1, 5, and 15 minutes, respectively. The LOADAVG_1MIN, LOADAVG_5MIN, and LOADAVG_15MIN indices, defined in <sys/loadavg.h>, can be used to extract the data from the appropri- ate element of the loadavg[] array. If pset is PS_NONE, the load average for processes not assigned to a processor set is returned. If pset is PS_MYID, the load average for the processor set to which the caller is bound is returned. If the caller is not bound to a pro- cessor set, the result is the same as if PS_NONE was specified. RETURN VALUES
Upon successful completion, the number of samples actually retrieved is returned. If the load average was unobtainable or the processor set does not exist, -1 is returned and errno is set to indicate the error. ERRORS
The pset_getloadavg() function will fail if: EINVAL The number of elements specified is less than 0, or an invalid processor set ID was specified. The caller is in a non-global zone, the pools facility is active, and the specified processor set is not that of the zone's pool. ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Interface Stability |Stable | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |MT-Level |Async-Signal-Safe | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
uptime(1), w(1), psrset(1M), prstat(1M), pset_bind(2), pset_create(2), Kstat(3PERL), attributes(5) SunOS 5.10 28 Jun 2004 pset_getloadavg(3C)