Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: aix shutdown automatically
Operating Systems AIX aix shutdown automatically Post 302380699 by Vanit on Wednesday 16th of December 2009 09:47:31 AM
Old 12-16-2009
I have restarted the AIX machine and its started and prompts:

shutdown: Please log off now !!
All Process will be killed in 1 min

I unable to enter SMS also.
Its very old machine

Last edited by Vanit; 12-17-2009 at 05:59 AM..

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Windows & DOS: Issues & Discussions

Automatically shutdown windows

Hi, I'm trying to create a program on how to automatically shutdown my pc for a certain number of minutes. Well, actually i was able to make a very simple one by utilizing the shutdown.exe of windows. Now i'm trying to improve it by adding a function such that i can program my windows to... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: mcoblefias
2 Replies

2. AIX

AIX warning message: 651-812: System shutdown due to

Hi Gurus, One of my old server running AIX 4.3.2. One member of admin group account keeps getting warning message for days as below. From errpt log I couldn't find any clue related to this warning message. What I can say is this message shows up a few days after we did a disk change. My... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: linux.cao.ca
6 Replies

3. AIX

Startup/shutdown scripts in AIX

hi, If we place Sxx (startup script) and Kxx(shutdown script) in /etc/rc.d/rc2.d,then it would start and stop automatically(assume they are linked to other script that actually starts/stops). is there really a link needed here to /etc/rc.d/init.d? if not,what is the use of this directory..?... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: to_bsr
1 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Script to force Oracle database shutdown when shutdown immediate does not work

I have Oracle 9i R2 on AIX 5.2. My Database is running in shared server mode (MTS). Sometimes when I shutdown the database it shutsdown cleanly in 4-5 mints and sometimes it takes good 15-20 minutes and then I get some ora-600 errors and only way to shutdown is by opening another session and... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: aixhp
7 Replies

5. UNIX and Linux Applications

Apache port has been shutdown and trying to up automatically

Hi All, Apache port has been shutdown and trying to up automatically but it wont start then after restart the service, its start. but ther is no log to identify the issue. can u pls let me know ur suggestion? (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: senor.ram
3 Replies

6. AIX

How to run a script automatically when AIX version 7 server reboots?

Am new to AIX please help me. I have AIX7 server. When ever the system reboots my script need to run automatically. This will help me to start my application automatically after the server reboot. Thanks, Prince Wells (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: prince1987
9 Replies

7. AIX

AIX Shutdown Investigation

AIX error log (read with the errpt command) /var/adm/wtmp account file (read with the last command) /var/adm/pacct account files (read with the lastcomm command) AIX console log (read with the alog -t console -o command) su log file (read with cat /var/adm/sulog) Shell history file (read... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: prpkrk
4 Replies

8. AIX

Auto startup and shutdown in AIX

Hi All, I would like to schedule auto IPL (shutdown and start-up) by using a shell script. Can you please give me some idea? want to test on my lab box first. shell script should bring AIX LPAR down and then need to start/activate the LPAR after 30 min any idea is highly... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: System Admin 77
3 Replies

9. AIX

How can we re-mount the RAM disk automatically after the reboot on AIX?

Hi All, I was trying to know more about RAM disk concept in AIX. I found something on IBM site. I was able to create and use/delete RAM disk as per IBM instructions. But as you guys know, this RAM disk is a temporary storage. (*when ever we reboot the AIX LPAR, content/RAM disk will be... (4 Replies)
4 Replies

10. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Application Script didn't run during AIX shutdown using RC directories

Hi, I am trying to bring down the application gracefully before bringing down AIX OS/LPAR using RC directories. Issue: Application script is not working properly during/before AIX OS/LPAR shutdown. looks like "rc.d" directories doesn't recognize Kill script. But Startup script (using... (0 Replies)
0 Replies
set_color(1)							       fish							      set_color(1)

NAME
set_color - set_color - set the terminal color set_color - set the terminal color Synopsis set_color [-v --version] [-h --help] [-b --background COLOR] [COLOR] Description Change the foreground and/or background color of the terminal. COLOR is one of black, red, green, brown, yellow, blue, magenta, purple, cyan, white and normal. o -b, --background Set the background color o -c, --print-colors Prints a list of all valid color names o -h, --help Display help message and exit o -o, --bold Set bold or extra bright mode o -u, --underline Set underlined mode o -v, --version Display version and exit Calling set_color normal will set the terminal color to whatever is the default color of the terminal. Some terminals use the --bold escape sequence to switch to a brighter color set. On such terminals, set_color white will result in a grey font color, while set_color --bold white will result in a white font color. Not all terminal emulators support all these features. This is not a bug in set_color but a missing feature in the terminal emulator. set_color uses the terminfo database to look up how to change terminal colors on whatever terminal is in use. Some systems have old and incomplete terminfo databases, and may lack color information for terminals that support it. Download and install the latest version of ncurses and recompile fish against it in order to fix this issue. Version 1.23.1 Sun Jan 8 2012 set_color(1)