Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Linux Opening a GUI from a putty window on Linux Post 302380660 by frank_rizzo on Wednesday 16th of December 2009 01:09:05 AM
Old 12-16-2009
It's not difficult. You need to run an X-Windows client on your workstation and set the option in putty to forward X11 requests. you can use a free option like cygwin - Cygwin/X

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Change putty title window?

Is it possible to change the putty window title from a Unix command line? (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: akbar
12 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

putty title window?

I have implemented the solution from mschwage located in post https://www.unix.com/unix-advanced-expert-users/35784-change-putty-title-window.html; ie wt () { echo -n "^2;${@}^G" } This method is awesome!!!! The reason I am sending you this message is to get your assistance with... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: lwif
3 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

How do I Get the Title of My Putty Window (Emulating an XTerm)

I have a Perl script that changes the terminal window title and I would like to reset it to the original value when I am done. We are using Putty which emulates xterm. We are not running X-Windows so I can't use something like xprop (can I?). I'm using XTerm control codes to change the title and I... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: NateTut
2 Replies

4. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

How to connect ubuntu through putty from Window?

Hii, i have installed ubuntu in windows without make partitioning by using wubi.. i want to connect ubuntu linux through putty. but I am unable to do that. Please help me.. how to set ip address in putty (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: pankajkumar
3 Replies

5. Fedora

can't login via GUI but can via Putty

Hi all, I am able to login via putty to a fedora 10 workstation. But when i try to login via physical screen connected to workstation, it just gives me a blank screen and i cant see any options to enter username and passwd. How do i get the physical GUI to work. $ who -r ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: lramsb4u
4 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Putty - window size

Hi Guys, When I use putty and maximize it, then the second half of the emulator window is not utilized and used! I mean the mouse cursor is at the half of the page not at the bottom! i have to once minimize and maximize the window to tell putty that i am going to use the maxmized window...is... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: messi777
4 Replies

7. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Change the window name for putty

Hi everyone , Happy new year ! I have a question , hope someone will respond to me . I will be logging into so many servers in the same putty . So , whenever i loggedoff and loggedin into anonther server , putty window will change accordingly to the server name . If the above is... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: radha254
7 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help with putty window setting

hi friends, This is not a shell scripting related doubt, but still posting so that you can answer it ;) or redirect to correct place in this website. Many a times i have to open multiple putty sessions by duplicating a session and want to rename their tabs. For this activity i have to right... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: kunwar
4 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Getting command output to putty window title.

Hi, Last 2 weeks I have searched many forums and i haven't found the answer for the question: How to get all command output to Putty title? Needed it for other programs to know when some jobs on a server is done and is it done right or wrong. Plink stdout and stdin wasn't working, i used many... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: domagaj
1 Replies

10. AIX

AIX GUI to replace old school puTTy?

Is there now in existence a graphical interface for AIX instead of black screen on putty? I ask this, because IBM i has GUI interfaces. Maybe a navigator GUI for smitty etc also with powerVP enhanced? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: dusktildawn
2 Replies
PEV(1)							      General Commands Manual							    PEV(1)

NAME
pev - show information about MS-Windows excutables files SYNOPSIS
pev [OPTION]... file DESCRIPTION
Make an analysis and show useful information of PE32/PE32+ file given. OPTIONS
-A, --all Equivalent to -cdhoprs. This is the default action if none is specified. -c, --coff Show the COFF file header. -d, --dos Show the DOS file header. -h, --help Show usage and exit. -o, --optional Show the Optional (a.k.a. PE) file header. -p, --product-version Show the Product Version (if added by programmer/compiler) of PE file. -r, --resources Show first level resource items information. -s, --sections Show information about executable sections. -v, --version Show version and exit. EXAMPLES
To get only the Product Version of putty.exe file: $ pev -p putty.exe To show DOS and COFF file headers of cards.dll: $ pev -dc cards.dll Display all possible information about svchost.exe file: $ pev svchost.exe AUTHOR
Written by Coding 40o group REPORTING BUGS
Report pev bugs at http://sourceforge.net/p/pev/tickets/ COPYRIGHT
Copyright (C) 2010-2011 Coding 40o. Licensed GPLv3+: GNU GPL version 3 or later <http://gnu.org/licenses/gpl.html>. This is free software: you are free to change and redistribute it. There is NO WARRANTY, to the extent permitted by law. PEV(1)