Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Copy range of directory name
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Copy range of directory name Post 302380558 by learnbash on Tuesday 15th of December 2009 01:03:57 PM
Old 12-15-2009
Bug Copy range of directory name

Hello folks hope all are doing well, i need to compress directories with range, i have total directories from 000-199

and i want to copy directories from 010 onwards to 020 meants total 11 directories, please suggest what regex will i use.

Thanks,
Bash

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script that can Copy a Range of files from Tape to Hard disk

Hi: I am a trying to write a script using a loop i guess. What I need to do is write a script that can allow my users to load a tape and copy a range of files from a tape to the hard disk. By range I mean, I would like the users to pick a range of numbers like files 3 - 8 and the script will... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: msjazzie
0 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

How can i copy files by date last modifed range?

When I do a ls -lt I get a list of files by date modified from newest to oldest. I would like to be able to copy some files to another directory using a date last modified range (i.e. Apr 30 - May 13) How could I do this? Thanks, Joe (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: geauxsaints
4 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Grep by range of date from file creation in directory

Hi Expert, Need your scripting and finding data so that it help me to find the culprit of this memory usage error. Data provided here is a sample. Process Snapshot directory: /var/spool/processes-snapshot webdev9o9% pwd /var/spool/processes-snapshot webdev9o9% ls -lrct -rw-r--r-- ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: regmaster
3 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Removing a range of files in a directory..

Hi all, Disclosure: I am very new to Unix, but eager to learn.. I've been tasked with transferring logs to a remote server. After I've verified these logs have transferred correctly I have to remove the source files. The naming scheme is: /directory/2012.05.01 /directory/2012.05.02 ..and... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: JD3V
1 Replies

5. Emergency UNIX and Linux Support

How to move files from a directory which falls between Date Range?

Hi All, I am trying to to move files from a directory to another which falls from Current day - 7 days. The files are in zipped format with dates appended on it. Can you pls help me as this came as a immediate change before the production Release planned next week. Pls let me know if... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: dsfreddie
11 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to copy the directory but not copy certain file

Hi experts cp bin root src /mnt but not copy bin/bigfile any help? ( I post this thread in the "redhat" forum wrongly, I don't know how to withdraw that question in that wrong forum) Thanks (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: yanglei_fage
6 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Copy the files in directory and sub folders as it is to another directory.

How to copy files from one directory to another directory with the subfolders copied. If i have folder1/sub1/sub2/* it needs to copy files to folder2/sub1/sub2/*. I do not want to create sub folders in folder2. Can copy command create them automatically? I tried cp -a and cp -R but did... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: santosh2626
4 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Awk: how to copy a range of rows in GAMS environment

Hi I have a problem in using awk in GAMS. I have to copy a part of a .txt file selecting the rows between these two lines "0 / END OF TRANSFORMER DATA, BEGIN AREA DATA" "0 / END OF AREA DATA, BEGIN TWO-TERMINAL DC DATA" I thought of using a command like this: $onecho > area.awk... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Pintug
4 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Copy files given a range of numbers

Hi, I have about 500 files in a directory. The filenames are numbered i.e. 1.dat, 2.dat, 3.dat,...,500.dat. I have 5 other empty directories where I have to copy the files in different range of numbers, for example, 1.dat to 300.dat in dir1, or 200.dat to 500.dat in dir2, another example... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: shoaibjameel123
1 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Match text in a range and copy value

In the files attached, I am trying to: if Files.txt $1 is in the range of Exons.txt $1, then in Files.txt $4 the value from Exons.txt $3 is copied else if no match is found Exons.txt $3 = "Intron" For example, the first value in File.txt $1 is chr1:14895-14944 and is not found in any range... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: cmccabe
4 Replies
virt-copy-out(1)					      Virtualization Support						  virt-copy-out(1)

NAME
virt-copy-out - Copy files and directories out of a virtual machine disk image. SYNOPSIS
virt-copy-out -a disk.img /file|dir [/file|dir ...] localdir virt-copy-out -d domain /file|dir [/file|dir ...] localdir DESCRIPTION
"virt-copy-out" copies files and directories out of a virtual machine disk image or named libvirt domain. You can give one of more filenames and directories on the command line. Directories are copied out recursively. EXAMPLES
Download the home directories from a virtual machine: mkdir homes virt-copy-out -d MyGuest /home homes JUST A SHELL SCRIPT WRAPPER AROUND GUESTFISH
This command is just a simple shell script wrapper around the guestfish(1) "copy-out" command. For anything more complex than a trivial copy, you are probably better off using guestfish directly. OPTIONS
Since the shell script just passes options straight to guestfish, read guestfish(1) to see the full list of options. SEE ALSO
guestfish(1), virt-cat(1), virt-copy-in(1), virt-edit(1), virt-tar-in(1), virt-tar-out(1), <http://libguestfs.org/>. AUTHORS
Richard W.M. Jones ("rjones at redhat dot com") COPYRIGHT
Copyright (C) 2011 Red Hat Inc. <http://libguestfs.org/> This program is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the terms of the GNU General Public License as published by the Free Software Foundation; either version 2 of the License, or (at your option) any later version. This program is distributed in the hope that it will be useful, but WITHOUT ANY WARRANTY; without even the implied warranty of MERCHANTABILITY or FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. See the GNU General Public License for more details. You should have received a copy of the GNU General Public License along with this program; if not, write to the Free Software Foundation, Inc., 51 Franklin Street, Fifth Floor, Boston, MA 02110-1301 USA. libguestfs-1.18.1 2013-12-07 virt-copy-out(1)