Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Extract specific data content from a long list of data Post 302378924 by ghostdog74 on Wednesday 9th of December 2009 05:27:07 AM
Old 12-09-2009
if you want to add a newline, just do printf with \n. i will leave it to you to do that.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Extract data into file with specific field specs

:confused: I have a tab delimited file that I need to extract data from and into a file with specific field specs. Each field has to be a certain amount of characters. So, the name field (from delimited file) might have only 15 characters but needs to be 25 (in new file) so I need to insert spaces... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: criddel
5 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell script or command help to extract specific contents from a long list of content

Hi, I got a long list of contents: >sequence_1 ASSSSSSSSSSSDDDDDDDDDDDCCCCCCC ASDSFDFFDFDFFWERERERERFSDFESFSFD >sequence_2 ASDFDFDFFDDFFDFDSFDSFDFSDFSDFDSFASDSADSADASD ASDFFDFDFASFASFASFAFSFFSDASFASFASFAFS >sequence_3 VEDFGSDGSDGSDGSDGSDGSDGSDG dDFSDFSDFSDFSDFSDFSDFSDFSDF... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: patrick87
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Extract all the content after a specific data

My input: >seq_1 DSASSTRRARRRRTPRTPSLRSRRSDVTCS >seq_3 RMRLRRWRKSCSERS*RRSN >seq_8 RTTGLSERPRLPTTASRSISSRWTR >seq_10 NELPLEKGSLDSISIE >seq_9 PNQGDAREPQAHLPRRQGPRDRPLQAYA+ QVQHRRHDHSRTQH*LCRRRQREDCDRLHR >seq_4 DRGKGQAGCRRPQEGEALVRRCS>seq_6 FA*GLAAQDGEA*SGRG My output: Extract all... (22 Replies)
22 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Extract data based on match against one column data from a long list data

My input file: data_5 Ali 422 2.00E-45 102/253 140/253 24 data_3 Abu 202 60.00E-45 12/23 140/23 28 data_1 Ahmad 256 7.00E-45 120/235 140/235 22 data_4 Aman 365 8.00E-45 15/65 140/65 20 data_10 Jones 869 9.00E-45 65/253 140/253 18... (12 Replies)
12 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Extract specific read from a data

Input file: #abc_1 SAASFASFGGDSGDSGDSGSDGSDGSDGSDGSDGSDGSDGDS Output file: FASFGGDSGDS I just want to print out the read from position 5 until position 15 from the data. Below is the code that I just try but it is failed to get my desired output: grep -v '#' input_file | awk... (5 Replies)
5 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Extract specific content from data and rename its header problem asking

Input file 1: >pattern_5 GAATTCGTTCATGTAGGTTGASDASFGDSGRTYRYGHDGSDFGSDGGDSGSDGSDFGSDF ATTTAATTATGATTCATACGTCATATGTTATTATTCAATCGTATAAAATTATGTGACCTT SDFSDGSDFKSDAFLKJASLFJASKLFSJAKJFHASJKFHASJKFHASJKFHSJAKFHAW >pattern_1 AAGTCTTAAGATATCACCGTCGATTAGGTTTATACAGCTTTTGTGTTATTTAAATTTGAC... (10 Replies)
10 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Extract specific data and change its arrangment

Input: HS04636 PROGRAM source 836 7001 + ID=g1 HS04636 PROGRAM beginner 836 7001 + ID=g1.t1;Parent=g1 HS04636 PROGRAM position 836 836 + Parent=g1.t1 HS04636 PROGRAM type 836 1017 + Parent=g1.t1 HS04636 ... (2 Replies)
2 Replies

8. HP-UX

How to extract data for a specific process from ovpa?

Hi Friends, One question. Supposed I want to extract data only for process named "sqlplus" how can I do it. Any suggestions? I don't want all the data as it is not useful to me e.g.. Command I use is given below extract -xp -p -r repfile -b"03/15/13 7:00 PM" -e"03/15/13 09:30 PM" -f... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: kunwar
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to extract specific data?

Bash scripting beginner here... I have many folders, each folder representing one subject. Not all subjects have all the required files, so I need to somehow cycle through all the data and then extract the data only from subjects who have no files missing. I tried to output the ls command, but... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: LeftoverStew
4 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

How-To Extract specific data from a file.

data.txt has several information like the below.. <SERVER>:WEB:MYDOM01:/tmp/cong/MYDOM01,/tmp/app/MYDOM01 <WEBER>:CANES:https-web01,https-web02:/web/apps/https-web01/config <SERVER>:WEB:MYDOM07:/tmp/cong/MYDOM07,/tmp/app/MYDOM07... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: mohtashims
7 Replies
PAPS(1) 						      General Commands Manual							   PAPS(1)

NAME
paps - UTF-8 to PostScript converter using Pango SYNOPSIS
paps [options] files... DESCRIPTION
paps reads a UTF-8 encoded file and generates a PostScript language rendering of the file. The rendering is done by creating outline curves through the pango ft2 backend. OPTIONS
These programs follow the usual GNU command line syntax, with long options starting with two dashes (`-'). A summary of options is included below. --landscape Landscape output. Default is portrait. --columns=cl Number of columns output. Default is 1. Please notice this option isn't related to the terminal length as in a "80 culums terminal". --font=desc Set the font description. Default is Monospace 12. --rtl Do right to left (RTL) layout. --paper ps Choose paper size. Known paper sizes are legal, letter and A4. Default is A4. Postscript points Each postscript point equals to 1/72 of an inch. 36 points are 1/2 of an inch. --bottom-margin=bm Set bottom margin. Default is 36 postscript points. --top-margin=tm Set top margin. Default is 36 postscript points. --left-margin=lm Set left margin. Default is 36 postscript points. --right-margin=rm Set right margin. Default is 36 postscript points. --gutter-width=gw Set gutter width. Default is 40 postscript points. --help Show summary of options. --header Draw page header for each page. --markup Interpret the text as pango markup. --lpi Set the lines per inch. This determines the line spacing. --cpi Set the characters per inch. This is an alternative method of specifying the font size. --stretch-chars Indicates that characters should be stretched in the y-direction to fill up their vertical space. This is similar to the texttops behaviour. AUTHOR
paps was written by Dov Grobgeld <dov.grobgeld@gmail.com>. This manual page was written by Lior Kaplan <kaplan@debian.org>, for the Debian project (but may be used by others). April 17, 2006 PAPS(1)