Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting How to compare 2 files & get only few columns based on a condition related to both files? Post 302378863 by rdcwayx on Wednesday 9th of December 2009 03:43:03 AM
Old 12-09-2009
Code:
 awk 'NR==FNR {a[$1$2$3$4]=$9" "$10" "$11} NR>FNR&&a[b=$2$3$4$5] {print $8,$9,$19,a[b]}' a.dat b.dat

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Merging of all files based on a condition

Hi Friends, I am new to UNIX. I need to merge all the files(to FINAL.txt) in single directory based one condition. Out of all the files one of file will have specific value like :GF01: at any where in the file. so the file which is having :GF01: should be appended at the last. EX:... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: arund_01
5 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to compare 2 files & get specific value & replace it in other file.

Hiiii Friends I have 2 files with huge data. I want to compare this 2 files & if they hav same set of vales in specific rows & columns i need to get that value from one file & replace it in other. For example: I have few set data of both files here: a.dat: PDE-W 2009 12 16 5 29 11.11 ... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: reva
10 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Compare columns of 2 files based on condition defined in a different file

I have a control file which tells me which are the fields in the files I need to compare and based on the values I need to print the exact value if key =Y and output is Y , or if output is Y/N then I need to print only Y if it matches or N if it does not match and if output =N , then skip the feild... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: newtoawk
7 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

compare 2 files based on columns

Hi Experts, Is there a way to compare 2 files by columns and print matching cases. I have 2 files as below, I want cases where col1 and col2 in f1 matches col1 and col2 in f2 to be printed as output. The separator is space. I want the output to have col1 col2 col 3 from both files printed... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: novice_man
7 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

compare 2 files and extract the data which is not present in other file with condition

I have 2 files whose data's are as follows : fileA 00 lieferungen 00 attractiop 01 done 02 forness 03 rasp 04 alwaysisng 04 funny 05 done1 fileB alwayssng dkhf fdgdfg dfgdg sdjkgkdfjg funny rasp (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: rajniman
7 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

moving files based on condition

hi i have to move files and send an email and attached the bad files to inform the developer about that. #!/bin/ksh BASE_DIR=/data/SrcFiles cd $BASE_DIR ## finding the files from work directory which are changed in 1 day find -type f -name "*.csv" –ctime 0 > /home/mydir/flist.txt ##... (14 Replies)
Discussion started by: awais290
14 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

compare 2 files and return unique lines in each file (based on condition)

hi my problem is little complicated one. i have 2 files which appear like this file 1 abbsss:aa:22:34:as akl abc 1234 mkilll:as:ss:23:qs asc abc 0987 mlopii:cd:wq:24:as asd abc 7866 file2 lkoaa:as:24:32:sa alk abc 3245 lkmo:as:34:43:qs qsa abc 0987 kloia:ds:45:56:sa acq abc 7805 i... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: anurupa777
5 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Compare 2 csv files by columns, then extract certain columns of matcing rows

Hi all, I'm pretty much a newbie to UNIX. I would appreciate any help with UNIX coding on comparing two large csv files (greater than 10 GB in size), and output a file with matching columns. I want to compare file1 and file2 by 'id' and 'chain' columns, then extract exact matching rows'... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: bkane3
5 Replies

9. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Compare between two files with condition

Hello there. I am trying to compare two files. File1 Austria Mobile 1 United Kingdom Mobile 1 ... File2 Austria Mobile Vien 2 Austria Mobile Ostr 0 United Kingdom Mobile Dev 0.7 United Kingdom Mobile OST 1.5 What i want to do is to compare both files and... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: dragonfly85
12 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Compare two files with awk and condition

I am preparing a script to check the configuration of the db2 against the standard configuration. I am fetching the output in file A and want to compare it with the standard output written in file B. File A Diagnostic error capture level (DIAGLEVEL) = 3 Audit buffer size (4KB) (AUDIT_BUF_SZ)... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: bashb
2 Replies
dadadodo(1)						      General Commands Manual						       dadadodo(1)

NAME
dadadodo - exterminate all rational thought SYNOPSIS
dadadodo [ options ] [ input-files ] DESCRIPTION
dadadodo is a program that analyses texts for Markov chains of word probabilities and then generates random sentences based on those proba- bilities. Sometimes these sentences are nonsense, but sometimes they cut right through to the heart of the matter and reveal hidden mean- ings. OPTIONS
dadadodo accepts the following options: -c, -count n Generate n sentences. -h, -help Show summary of options and exit. -html Output HTML instead of plain text. -l, -load file Load compiled data from file ('-' for standard input). -o, -output file Save compiled data in file ('-' for standard output). -p, -pause s Delay s seconds between paragraphs. -w, -columns columns Format output for a device columns character cells in width. If not specified, the value of the environment variable COLUMNS is used to determine the width. If that variable is not defined, a width of 72 is assumed. NOTES
Non-option arguments are input files. These should be text files, but may be mail folders or HTML. MIME messages are handled sensibly. When no output file is specified, sentences will be generated from the input data directly. However, loading a saved file is far faster than re-parsing the text files each time. ENVIRONMENT
COLUMNS Determines the width (in character cells) of the output if the -w, -columns option is not used. If not set, a width of 72 is assumed. SEE ALSO
dadadodo's upstream website is http://www.jwz.org/dadadodo/. AUTHOR
dadadodo was written by Jamie Zawinski. This manual page was written by Sudhakar Chandrasekharan <thaths@netscape.com>, based on the program's usage message. dadadodo(1)