Sponsored Content
Operating Systems AIX Planning to prepare for AIX P5 system admin test 223 Post 302378353 by Scott on Monday 7th of December 2009 04:14:30 PM
Old 12-07-2009
ASAP: if you're not "aware of UNIX OS" and don't have experience, then don't do it.

Is it a must to have unix/Sun knowledge to prepare for AIX certification?

That's one of the silliest questions I've ever heard ("does my bum look big in this" is probably thee silliest).

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. AIX

Redbooks for test 223

Hi, The redbook sg246191 - pSeries AIX System Administration is good for the test 223 ? What redbooks is good to sutdy for this test ? Thanks in advance Reinaldo Dias (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Reinaldo Dias
0 Replies

2. AIX

Test 223

Hi, It is possible to study for the test 223 with AIX 4.3 ??? I have a old 43-140 with AIX 4.3.3.What are the best way to study ? This books helps to study for 223 ? IBM - AIX 5L AU14 System Administration I - Student Notebook.pdf IBM - AIX 5L AU16 System Administration II - Student... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Reinaldo Dias
3 Replies

3. AIX

Aix certification (223)

Hi, I would like to complete AIX certification (code -223). Is there any difference between old 222 and 223 exam..? Please guide me in getting the docs for preparation of exam 223..I have got redbook "IBM Certification Study Guide Eserver p5 and pSeries Administration and Support for AIX 5L... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: to_bsr
8 Replies

4. AIX

New to AIX System Admin

Hi everyone, im new to AIX, where can I find some free beginner AIX System admin guide which is similar to AIX Basic Operations V5 http://www-03.ibm.com/certify/tests/obj190.shtml (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: ibmer414
9 Replies

5. AIX

How to prepare for Test 190: AIX Basic Operations V5

Hi I like to sit for the exam Test 190: AIX Basic Operations V5. Could any one tell me how to prepare for that. It would be very helpful if I get a PDF. I have searched at redbooks.ibm.com but get nothing. thanks in advance suman (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: sumanbangladesh
2 Replies

6. AIX

aix cert 223 need help.

Hi, a friend of mine passed there 223 last year and they gave me there testkiller document which was 65 questions, i am looking at doing my 223 exam and i have gone to testkiller recently and noticed there is an updated version which is now 383 questions. I did the ibm pre-exam and all the... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: rorted
1 Replies

7. AIX

Test 223: System p Administrator

Please may you help me with specific study packs, redbooks etc that may help me pass this certification. Also can you advise me the best AIX certification course as I am new to AIX, coming from solaris and networking environments. Thanx (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: Zim-Aix-Guru
10 Replies

8. AIX

L2 and L3 AIX System Admin Tasks

Hello Everyone...I am new to this forum and before asking i already see links for books and videos...I would like to know the tasks for L2 and L3 AIX System Admin. edit by bakunin: You shouldn't hijack others threads for your own questions. If you have a genuine question to ask you're entitled... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Allhappies
3 Replies
intltool-prepare(1)						   User Commands					       intltool-prepare(1)

NAME
intltool-prepare - update pot files and merge the pot files with translation (po) files SYNOPSIS
intltool-prepare [--help] [--verbose] [--version] keyword DESCRIPTION
intltool-prepare opens the source files and header files that are specified in the po/POTFILES files, to search for strings that have been marked for translation, and updates the .pot files. intltool-prepare then merges the .pot files with the translation (.po) files. OPTIONS
The following options are supported: --help Show usage and basic help information. You can also use -H to specify this option. --verbose Provide additional feedback. You can also use -X to specify this option. --version Show version information. You can also use -V to specify this option. OPERANDS
The following operands are supported: keyword Specifies an extra key, in addition to Name, Comment, and description. EXAMPLES
Example 1: Updating the .pot File in the po Directory and Merging the .pot File With the .po Files in That Directory example% cd ./po intltool-prepare Working, please wait... Finding interesting files...done EXIT STATUS
The following exit values are returned: 0 Application exited successfully >0 Application exited with failure FILES
The following files are used by this application: /usr/bin/intltool-preparThe command-line executable for the application. ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWgnome-common-devel | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Interface stability |External | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
intltool-extract(1), intltool-merge(1), intltool-unicodify(1), intltool-update(1), intltoolize(1) NOTES
For more information, see the I18N-HOWTO file, which is provided with the intltool source code. Updated by Damien Donlon, Sun Microsystems Inc., 2003. Written by Darin Adler, Kenneth Christiansen, Maciej Stachowiak. SunOS 5.10 3 Apr 2003 intltool-prepare(1)