Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Solaris Directory size larger than file system size? Post 302378199 by jlliagre on Monday 7th of December 2009 08:10:20 AM
Old 12-07-2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by sparcman
If the proc file system is dynamically generated, will it still effect the size of the / file system?
The /proc filesystem size is not related whatsoever with the / file system size.
Quote:
My / file system now reports 100% full.
Then focus of files being on that filesystem, not other ones.
Quote:
Do I need to reboot in order to clear down the /proc file system?
That is unlikely to have any effect on / being full.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Solaris

command to find out total size of a specific file size (spread over the server)

hi all, in my server there are some specific application files which are spread through out the server... these are spread in folders..sub-folders..chid folders... please help me, how can i find the total size of these specific files in the server... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: abhinov
3 Replies

2. AIX

file system size

Dear ALL Today I faced one problem in the file system, during invoking the command #df -k , I saw /usr reached to 95% Used, could any one give advice ? thanks & regarded (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: magasem
7 Replies

3. Programming

how to get the file system size

I have the next code, and the output is incosistent, what is the problem: free blocks: 1201595 block size: 4096 total size(free blocks * block size): 626765824 1201595 * 4096 not is 626765824, what's the problem??? #include <sys/statvfs.h> #include <stdio.h> int main(){ ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: lucaxvu
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Size of file and directory

Hello. I do have a problem. The statement sounds like this: Given a directory, find all subdirectories (regardless of depth) which contain a file that has more than a half of the size of the respective subdirectory. I've tried to solve this in many ways, but all I came up with is half... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: WorkOfArt
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

The scripts not able to make the file to size 0, every times it go back to its original size

#!/bin/sh ########################################################################################################## #This script is being used for AOK application for cleaning up the .out files and zip it under logs directory. # IBM # Created #For pdocap201/pdoca202 .out files for AOK #1.... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: mridul10_crj
0 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script to read file size and send email only if size > 0.

Hi Experts, I have a script like $ORACLE_HOME/bin/sqlplus username/password # << ENDSQL set pagesize 0 trim on feedback off verify off echo off newp none timing off set serveroutput on set heading off spool Schemaerrtmp.txt select ' TIMESTAMP COMPUTER NAME ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: welldone
5 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to delete some of the files in the directory, if the directory size limits the specified size

To find the whole size of a particular directory i use "du -sk /dirname".. but after finding the direcory's size how do i make conditions like if the size of the dir is more than 1 GB i hav to delete some of the files inside the dir (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: shaal89
0 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Ls directory size reporting byte size instead of file count

I have been searching both on Unix.com and Google and have not been able to find the answer to my question. I think it is partly because I can't come up with the right search terms. Recently, my virtual server switched storage devices and I think the problem may be related to that change.... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: jmgibby
2 Replies

9. Programming

Size of a directory or a file

Hello, Here is my code: :~$ truncate -s 16M MyTestFile.txt :~$ du -h MyTestFile.txt 4,0K MyTestFile.txt Q1: Please why du -h does not work in this case ? Q2: Other than "du -h", how can i get the size of a directory (using linux command) Thanks a lot. Best Regards. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: chercheur111
2 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Help with Expect script for pulling log files size larger than 500Mb;

I am new at developing EXPECT scripts. I'm trying to create a script that will automatically connect to a several UNIX (sun solaris and HPUX) database server via FTP and pull the sizes of the listener/alert log files from specified server directory on the remote machines. 1. I want the script... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: mikebantor
7 Replies
LESSECHO(1)						      General Commands Manual						       LESSECHO(1)

NAME
lessecho - expand metacharacters SYNOPSIS
lessecho [-ox] [-cx] [-pn] [-dn] [-mx] [-nn] [-ex] [-a] file ... DESCRIPTION
lessecho is a program that simply echos its arguments on standard output. But any argument containing spaces is enclosed in quotes. OPTIONS
A summary of options is included below. -ox Specifies "x" to be the open quote character. -cx Specifies "x" to be the close quote character. -pn Specifies "n" to be the open quote character, as an integer. -dn Specifies "n" to be the close quote character, as an integer. -mx Specifies "x" to be a metachar. -nn Specifies "n" to be a metachar, as an integer. -ex Specifies "x" to be the escape char for metachars. -fn Specifies "n" to be the escape char for metachars, as an integer. -a Specifies that all arguments are to be quoted. The default is that only arguments containing spaces are quoted. SEE ALSO
less(1) AUTHOR
This manual page was written by Thomas Schoepf <schoepf@debian.org>, for the Debian GNU/Linux system (but may be used by others). Send bug reports or comments to bug-less@gnu.org. Version 444: 09 Jun 2011 LESSECHO(1)