Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting How do I do this: -$: sample.sh <INPUT> Post 302377957 by cfajohnson on Sunday 6th of December 2009 03:35:32 AM
Old 12-06-2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmvbxx
Code:
-$: howfarbetween.sh Montreal Chicago

Where the script would run based on the inputs of the two city names.

Command-line arguments are stored in the positional parameters, $1, $2, etc..

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Programming

PAM Authentication Sample

Hi, I am a Linux / Unix newbie c programmer. I have a c/c++ daemon server that will receive authentication (userid / password) from a windows client. All I want to do is authenticate the user via PAM API - i.e. user must exist on the Unix / Linux system + password must be validated. ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: vineshp
1 Replies

2. Programming

Help need a sample program

Hi all, Can some one provide me a sample program which measures the performance (both latency and throughput) of TCP and UDP protocol (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: magnetpest2k7
2 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Sample scripts

Hi All' I'm a newbe, and just is started to learn unix. Where can I find a complete sample scripts? I looking for a sample scripts which log in at another unix host and and execute another script server side. Any input welcome (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: ioniCoder
5 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Sample Practical

Hello Today I had a beautiful test to write some commands using Ubuntu, now I want to make sure of my answers to be reassured, if I had a mistake please correct me List all files details under ubuntu Desktop. my answer: cd Desktop |ls -l Navigate to your Desktop directory and... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: S4K
7 Replies

5. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Can someone help me with creating RPM sample i need ?

i know there are tons n tons of documentation out there to help me out to understand this.. but wen i read it, its to confusing for me.. i would really wish a kind hearted person on this forum can come out with a sample spec file for the example steps that i need for the RPM. This will make me... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: bladez
0 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

AWK sample variance

I would like to calculate 1/n In awk, I wrote the following line for the sigma summation: { summ+=($1-average)^2 } Full code: BEGIN { Print "This script calculate error estimates"; sum=0 } { sum+=$1; n++ } END { average = sum/n } BEGIN { summ=0 } { summ+=($1-average)^2 } END { print... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: chrisjorg
8 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Sample Script

Below is the code. Its the 1st line of a file. How can I remove the bracket and display like below. 123 web int 1 09:30:45 2013 I dont want to use AWK or SED or PERL. I need to use only the bash shell scripting commands to do it. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: ghosh_tanmoy
3 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Sample output

hi gurus , i want the command to get the output in the desired format . basically to convert columns to rows. please refer to the attachment. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: r_t_1601
3 Replies
uudemon(4)						     Kernel Interfaces Manual							uudemon(4)

NAME
uudemon.admin, uudemon.cleanu, uudemon.hour, uudemon.poll - Administrative shell scripts for polling remote systems, cleaning up spool directories, reporting status to the system administrator, and routine invocations of the uuxqt and uusched daemons SYNOPSIS
These shell scripts reside in the following directory: /usr/lib/uucp DESCRIPTION
All the scripts can be run from the command line or can be run automatically by the cron daemon. To automatically run the scripts, remove the comment character (#) from the beginning of the relevant line in the /var/spool/cron/crontabs/uucp file. This script reports status to the system administrator. It issues the uustat command to find out the status of uucp jobs. It mails the results to the uucp login ID. The script may be modified to send mail to any login ID such as the uucp administrative login ID (uucpa) or root. This script cleans up the /var/spool/uucp and /var/spool/uucppublic directories by running the uucleanup command. The uucleanup com- mand is run with the following parameters: -C7, -D7, X2, -o2, -W1. This script runs the uusched and uuxqt daemons in the background. This script polls the systems listed in the /usr/lib/uucp/Poll file. The uudemon.poll script should be scheduled before the uudemon.hour script. This allows uudemon.poll to create any command files before cron runs the uudemon.hour script. FILES
Contains the uudemon.admin, uudemon.cleanu, uudemon.hour and uudemon.poll files. Contains the uucp file. RELATED INFORMATION
Commands: cron(8), uucleanup(8), uusched(8), uuxqt(1) Files: /usr/lib/uucp delim off uudemon(4)