Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Search for word in a xml file and replace it with something else Post 302377931 by durden_tyler on Saturday 5th of December 2009 11:56:03 PM
Old 12-06-2009
Ok, second time - please post the sample xml file and highlight the value you want to change i.e. both old and new values.

tyler_durden

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

sed search and replace word assistance...

Hi, I am trying to write a shell script designed to take input line by line by line from a file with a word on each line for editing with sed. Example file: 1.ejverything 2.bllown 3.maikling 4.manegement 5.existjing 6.systems My design currently takes input from the user, and... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: mkfitzwilliams
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

search a word in a xml file and print the out put

hi , i m having a html file and this file looks like this <ssl> <name>PIA</name> <enabled>true</enabled> <listen-port>39370</listen-port> </ssl> <log> <name>PIA</name> </log> <execute-queue> <name>weblogic.kernel.Default</name> ... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: becksram123
7 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Search and replace in xml file using awk..

Hi All, I have xml file,i am tring to use awk to search pattern as: <Password>x</Password> and Replace with: <Password>y</Password> please any one can help to solve this using awk and awk only. (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: islam2666
4 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help needed :Search and Replace a string pattern with empty in an xml file in unix

Search and Replace a string pattern with empty in an xml file in unix: My xml file would be like this : <Accounts><Name>Harish</Name><mobile>90844444444444445999 </mobile><TRIG>srcujim-1</TRIG></Accounts><Accounts><Name>Satish</Name><mobile>908999</mobile><TRIG>ettertrtt-1</TRIG></Accounts> ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: harish_s_ampeo
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Mutli line pattern search & replace in a xml file

Hello guys, I need your help for a specific sed command that would search for a multi line pattern and if found, would replace it by another multi line pattern. For instance, here is the input: <RefNickName>abcd</RefNickName> <NickName>efgh</NickName> <Customize> ... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: xciteddd
0 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Search for a particular word and replace the first character

Hi Unix gurus, I've a dna sequence in a file format known as fasta format (sequence header starts with > and ignored), an example shown below: >sequence_1 CGTATTCTCCGAATACC ATACG >sequence_2 CAGATTTTCAAATACCCCC In a file like this I want to do the following three search and replace. The... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Fahmida
4 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Search for a specific word and print only the word from the input file

Hi, I have a sample file as shown below, I am looking for sed or any command which prints the complete word only from the input file. Ex: $ cat "sample.log" I am searching for a word which is present in this file We can do a pattern search using grep but I need to cut only the word which... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: mohan_kumarcs
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Search and replace the string with new word using xml tags

Hi All i need to replace the url1 inside <remote> tag in below xml in first instance and in the second instance with url2. any help appreciated <locations> <hudson.scm.SubversionSCM_-ModuleLocation> <remote>https://svn2015.com/svn/repos/internalshard</remote> ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: madankumar.t@hp
4 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

sed search and replace after xml tag

Hi All, I'm new to sed. In following XML file <interface type='direct'> <mac address='52:54:00:86:ce:f6'/> <source dev='eno1' mode='bridge'/> <model type='virtio'/> <address type='pci' domain='0x0000' bus='0x00' slot='0x03' function='0x0'/> </interface> ... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: varunrapelly
8 Replies
MKMANIFEST(1)						      General Commands Manual						     MKMANIFEST(1)

NAME
mkmanifest - create a shell script to restore Unix filenames SYNOPSIS
mkmanifest [ files ] DESCRIPTION
Mkmanifest creates a shell script that will aid in the restoration of Unix filenames that got clobbered by the MSDOS filename restrictions. MSDOS filenames are restricted to 8 character names, 3 character extensions, upper case only, no device names, and no illegal characters. The mkmanifest program is compatible with the methods used in pcomm, arc, and mtools to change perfectly good Unix filenames to fit the MSDOS restrictions. EXAMPLE
I want to copy the following Unix files to a MSDOS diskette (using the mcopy command). very_long_name 2.many.dots illegal: good.c prn.dev Capital Mcopy will convert the names to: very_lon 2xmany.dot illegalx good.c xprn.dev capital The command: mkmanifest very_long_name 2.many.dots illegal: good.c prn.dev Capital > manifest would produce the following: mv very_lon very_long_name mv 2xmany.dot 2.many.dots mv illegalx illegal: mv xprn.dev prn.dev mv capital Capital Notice that "good.c" did not require any conversion, so it did not appear in the output. Suppose I've copied these files from the diskette to another Unix system, and I now want the files back to their original names. If the file "manifest" (the output captured above) was sent along with those files, it could be used to convert the filenames. SEE ALSO
arc(1), pcomm(1), mtools(1) local MKMANIFEST(1)