Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Debian Lenny update problems
Operating Systems Linux Debian Debian Lenny update problems Post 302377430 by pludi on Friday 4th of December 2009 04:59:34 AM
Old 12-04-2009
There's apparently a problem with the way you connect to the net vs. what you configured. From the output you posted it seems that you configured the system to use a proxy for HTTP connections, but that machine apparently doesn't know it's a proxy.

Try running
Code:
unset http_proxy
aptitude update

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Debian

Usually problems with Windows Explorer in w2k3 over server Debian 3.0

Hi. I have problems sometimes going to "My Network Places" in the Windows Explorer. Sometimes works OK and sometimes appears an Explorer.exe Application Popup: <<The instruction at "0x10004160" referenced memory at "0x10004160". The memory could not be "read">> and the Explorer go out or is... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: luisben
0 Replies

2. IP Networking

Usually problems with Windows Explorer in w2k3 over server Debian 3.0

Hi. I have problems sometimes going to "My Network Places" in the Windows Explorer. Sometimes works OK and sometimes appears an Explorer.exe Application Popup: <<The instruction at "0x10004160" referenced memory at "0x10004160". The memory could not be "read">> (Event ID: 26 at the Windows... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: luisben
0 Replies

3. Debian

NFS problems (Debian)

I'm trying to share some directories with NFS among Debian machines. In order to do so, I installed nfs-common and nfs-kernel-server on the server machine. It seemed that starting portmap daemon lasted a long time and I get the following messages in /var/log/messages: Jan 30 18:18:03 masternode... (26 Replies)
Discussion started by: bellman
26 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

downgrade sh to 3.1 - debian lenny - how?

Hello, i'd need to downgrade sh to the latest 3.1 version, been trying to pin the version in apt preferences or use aptitude but it doesn't want to work. (Best possible to GNU bash, version 3.1.17(1)-release (x86_64-pc-linux-gnu)) Linux version 2.6.26-2-amd64 (Debian 2.6.26-19lenny2)... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: TehOne
0 Replies

5. Debian

Remotely unlock ssh key (Gnome, Debian Lenny)

Hi, I don't think this is a new problem, but I can't find a solution anywhere, and it's quite annoying: In the office, I have a workstation running Debian Lenny with Gnome, and I've copied my ssh key to some other machines for secure and easy login without havin' to remember all the passwords.... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: harald
8 Replies

6. Debian

How to install Java in Debian Lenny

Hi all im trying to install Java in Debian lenny with apt-get install but can find the packages...anyone can help me on this one? thanks (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ro0t3d
2 Replies

7. Debian

How to update Nginx in Debian to current ver?

I did a fresh install of nginx on a debian server. When I check the version of nginx, it reports 0.7.67 However, the current stable version of Nginx is 1.0.5 from what I have read. How can I update my Nginx whilst leaving my server operational? I am a relative newb, so please do... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: bugeye
1 Replies

8. Linux

Chrome browser no longer working on my debian lenny 5

Hi All, My chrome browser was working correctly on my Debian Lenny 5 PC..Today i downloaded the version from google and tried to install the deb from command line as follows: dpkg -i <latest-chrome-package> The installation failed but now my existing old chrome browser is not starting. ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: coolatt
2 Replies
BUILD-RDEPS(1)                                                                                                                      BUILD-RDEPS(1)

NAME
build-rdeps - find packages that depend on a specific package to build (reverse build depends) SYNOPSIS
build-rdeps package DESCRIPTION
build-rdeps searches for all packages that build-depend on the specified package. OPTIONS
-u, --update Run apt-get update before searching for build-depends. -s, --sudo Use sudo when running apt-get update. Has no effect if -u is omitted. --distribution Select another distribution, which is searched for build-depends. --only-main Ignore contrib and non-free --exclude-component Ignore the given component (e.g. main, contrib, non-free). --origin Restrict the search to only the specified origin (such as "Debian"). -m, --print-maintainer Print the value of the maintainer field for each package. -d, --debug Run the debug mode --help Show the usage information. --version Show the version information. REQUIREMENTS
The tool requires apt Sources files to be around for the checked components. In the default case this means that in /var/lib/apt/lists files need to be around for main, contrib and non-free. In practice this means one needs to add one deb-src line for each component, e.g. deb-src http://<mirror>/debian <dist> main contrib non-free and run apt-get update afterwards or use the update option of this tool. LICENSE
This code is copyright by Patrick Schoenfeld <schoenfeld@debian.org>, all rights reserved. This program comes with ABSOLUTELEY NO WARRANTY. You are free to redistribute this code under the terms of the GNU General Public License, version 2 or later. AUTHOR
Patrick Schoenfeld <schoenfeld@debian.org> Debian Utilities 2013-12-23 BUILD-RDEPS(1)