Sponsored Content
Operating Systems AIX Need EMC Symmetrix driver for AIX 5.3 Post 302377292 by C.J.Hund on Thursday 3rd of December 2009 04:35:33 PM
Old 12-03-2009
Need EMC Symmetrix driver for AIX 5.3

Hi all,

I hope I'm putting my first post at this site into the right forum. I need help finding the EMC disk driver for AIX version 5.3. I have some new EMC disk presented to a backup server of mine, and right now the EMC hdisks show up looking like this in an lsdev:

hdisk495 Available **-**-** MPIO Other FC SCSI Disk Drive

This is an AIX 5.3 server.

I poked around EMC's site with no luck. I'm hoping someone here has had to dig these up before.

Sincere thanks,
C.J.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Good sites to learn EMC symmetrix

i need to learn this very quick. i'm not trying delve deep into it. just enough to do basic things. does anyone know of any good sites to visit?? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: TRUEST
1 Replies

2. HP-UX

is anybody using EMC symmetrix?

Hello, I'm looking for reference sites using HP-UX and EMC symmetrix disk. Then, May I ask you questions? (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: cooldugong
6 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

AIX MPIO and EMC

We are looking at running MPIO for it's redundancy and load balancing benefits. Does anyone know what pieces of software or modules are needed on the VIO server to get load balancing to work. Remember we are using EMC's DMX3500 storage system. We no longer want to use Powerpath. :rolleyes: ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: vxg0wa3
2 Replies

4. HP-UX

Adding a new set of hardisk in EMC Symmetrix

Hello everyone! Could anybody help me how to configure a set of disk? From our existing EMC storage, we still have spaces for a new set of disk. I know how to replace a deffective disk but never had experience in setting/replacing a new pair of disk (M1 and M2). My objective here is to increase... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Tris
1 Replies

5. AIX

Configurin EMC SAN disks on AIX

This may sound like an absolute rookie question, and it is. I have been working on Migrating our HP and Solaris servers to the new EMC SAN and know the routines backwards. Now we've suddenly got a new IBM server and I don't even know how to check if it is connected to the switch. Can someone... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ronellevan
1 Replies

6. AIX

AIX STREAMS driver question

Hi all, I have a AIX kernel STREAMS question need your help, I need to implement a firewall on AIX and get packet raw data then decide pass or drop it, I've seen similiar firewall code on HP-UX, on HP-UX, you have to implement a "dlpi STREAMS driver", and specify it as a "dlpi" driver in... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: rocktilldie
1 Replies

7. AIX

AIX Sanboot from EMC Symmetrix with NPIV

Hi All.. On to a new implementation with AIX 7.1 san boot from EMC disks (Using NPIV). Anyone played with this recently? Wondering if we need PowerPath on the AIX clients or has native MPIO matured to replace it. Thoughts? Thanks Mr B (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: balaji_prk
6 Replies

8. Hardware

Difference between platform driver,codec driver and Machine driver

In general terms what are the differences platform driver,codec driver and Machine driver? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: rupeshkp728
1 Replies

9. AIX

AIX Migration issue with EMC ODM sets

Hi Experts , I want to start migrating our AIX 6.1 to AIX 7.1 . I am planning to use alt_disk_migration . Chris gibson has awesome documentation in the internet. However I am running into an issue with EMC odm filesets . So my current OS is AIX 6.1. and I have this : lslpp -l | grep EMC ... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: JME2015
7 Replies

10. AIX

AIX help -reconnect EMC lun

we have an old AIX system with important data on an EMC LUN. the AIX server crashed and we had to rebuild it with the old AIX os 5.8. how do we reconnect the EMC LUN without losing the data? (15 Replies)
Discussion started by: jhudson12
15 Replies
LD(4)							   BSD Kernel Interfaces Manual 						     LD(4)

NAME
ld -- logical disk driver SYNOPSIS
ld* at aac? unit ? ld* at amr? unit ? ld* at ataraid? vendtype ? unit ? ld* at cac? unit ? ld* at icp? unit ? ld* at iop? tid ? ld* at mlx? unit ? ld* at sdmmc? ld* at twa? unit ? ld* at twe? unit ? ld* at virtio? DESCRIPTION
The ld driver provides support for simple block devices, usually presented by a disk array controller. FILES
/dev/ldup block mode disk unit u, partition p /dev/rldup raw mode disk unit u, partition p SEE ALSO
aac(4), amr(4), cac(4), icp(4), intro(4), iop(4), mlx(4), sdmmc(4), twa(4), twe(4), virtio(4) HISTORY
The ld driver first appeared in NetBSD 1.5.3. BUGS
The capacity and geometry of units as accessed through the ld driver may be different than when accessed through some other medium (e.g. SCSI). BSD
November 5, 2011 BSD