Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Linux Red Hat device-mapper-multipath path [undef] Post 302377089 by chilonnb on Thursday 3rd of December 2009 06:04:34 AM
Old 12-03-2009
probleme multipath

bonjour,
j'ai deux serveur SUN equipé par RHEL5.2 x86_64 :
SRV1 : 01FC mono + 01FC mono (qlogic)
SRV2 : 01FC dual (qlogic)

ça fonctionnait correctement et après une certaine période J'ai eu un problème lors du démarrage de SRV2.

udevd-event[3580]: wait_for_sysfs: waiting for '/sys/devices/pci0000:00/0000:00:0d.0/0000:04:00.0/host3/target3:0:0/3:0:0:0/ioerr_cnt' failed

Le fstab est correct sur SRV2:
/dev/dm-2 /data auto defaults 1 2
/dev/dm-3 /home auto defaults 1 2

Une fois SRV2 est démarrer, le /home est vide. Il faut que je fais mount /dev/dm-3 /home (ça se monte pas automatiquement)

Je trouve une différence entre SRV1 et SRV2 lorsque je fais : multipath -ll -v2

SRV1 :
mpath2 (3600a0b80004946b80000083b4a4a0137) dm-3 SUN,LCSM100_F
[size=305G][features=1 queue_if_no_path][hwhandler=1 rdac][rw]
\_ round-robin 0 [prio=100][active]
\_ 1:0:0:1 sdf 8:80 [active][ready]
\_ round-robin 0 [prio=0][enabled]
\_ 2:0:0:1 sdd 8:48 [active][ghost]
mpath1 (3600a0b8000493fb6000008674a4a0130) dm-2 SUN,LCSM100_F
[size=240G][features=1 queue_if_no_path][hwhandler=1 rdac][rw]
\_ 2:0:0:0 sdc 8:32 [active][ready]
\_ round-robin 0 [prio=0][enabled]
\_ 1:0:0:0 sdb 8:16 [active][ghost]

SRV2 :
mpath17 (3600a0b80004946b80000083b4a4a0137) dm-2 SUN,LCSM100_F
[size=305G][features=1 queue_if_no_path][hwhandler=1 rdac][rw]
\_ 3:0:0:1 sdd 8:48 [active][ready]
mpath16 (3600a0b8000493fb6000008674a4a0130) dm-3 SUN,LCSM100_F
[size=240G][features=1 queue_if_no_path][hwhandler=1 rdac][rw]
\_ round-robin 0 [prio=0][active]
\_ 3:0:0:0 sdc 8:32 [active][ghost]

c'est un problème de paths.

comment je peux résoudre ça.

Merci d'avance.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. HP-UX

Question about the hareware path and device name

# ioscan -f | grep disk Class I H/W Path Driver S/W State H/W Type Description disk 3 0/0/2/0.0.0.0 sdisk CLAIMED DEVICE TEAC DV-28E-N disk 1 0/1/1/0.0.0 sdisk CLAIMED DEVICE HP 146 GST3146707LC ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: bluepluto
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

undef

how to undef a readonly parameter? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: tukuna82
2 Replies

3. Red Hat

Device Mapper Notations and LVM

Hi, I had a doubt regarding device mapper notations and their corresponding LVM volumes. I have configured a volume group with two logical volumes in it as root and swap. The entries in the /etc/fstab file show the dm notations namely, /dev/mapper/VolGroup00-LogVol01... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: kanna_geekworkz
2 Replies

4. Linux

If i don't have raid disks can i shut down dmraid device-mapper?

hello my centOS newly installed system loading dmraid modules on startup I did remove all LVM/raid things from system installation menus and after installation too but dmraid is still there and he says: no raid disks found also I did modprobe -r dm_raid45 and it do remove it but only until... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: tip78
7 Replies

5. Red Hat

Ethernet Port device path?

Hi, I have a server program that reads data coming in on USB ports. Device paths are in the format: /dev/ttyUSB0 Now, I would like to log data from another device coming in over Ethernet. My first step is trying to track down what the correct device path is which I am unsure of. Anyone... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: fedora18
9 Replies

6. Red Hat

Device-mapper behaviour booting on init=bin/bash

Good morning Recently we needed to change the password from a redhat 6.5 system that no one knew the root password. Starting the system with the init=/bin/bash method took us to the following scenario: system_vg active with only root_lv and tmpfs mounted. our entries at fstab are like... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Ikaro0
1 Replies

7. Red Hat

Raw device/multipath details

Hi, How to find the raw device/multipath details of the LUN used by the diskgroups of the database. file system type -- ASM Oracle -- 11.2.0.3.0 OS -- Linux This is RAC database. Regards, Maddy (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Maddy123
2 Replies

8. Red Hat

Unable to create customized multipath device

Hi, I am testing on iSCSI + multipath, where i have one iSCSI lun assigned to one server. mpatha (1IET 00010001) dm-2 IET,VIRTUAL-DISK size=100M features='0' hwhandler='0' wp=rw |-+- policy='round-robin 0' prio=1 status=active | `- 2:0:0:1 sda 8:0 active ready running `-+-... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: linux.amrit
6 Replies

9. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Command to see the logical volume path, device mapper path and its corresponding dm device path

Currently I am using this laborious command lvdisplay | awk '/LV Path/ {p=$3} /LV Name/ {n=$3} /VG Name/ {v=$3} /Block device/ {d=$3; sub(".*:", "/dev/dm-", d); printf "%s\t%s\t%s\n", p, "/dev/mapper/"v"-"n, d}' Would like to know if there is any shorter method to get this mapping of... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: royalibrahim
2 Replies

10. Solaris

Creating multipath device with FC Disks

Hello, I am trying to setup a storage server with salvaged equipments: QSSC-S4R server, with QLogic 2562 FC HBA's Clariion KTN-STL4 4GB FC Enclosures Disks Salvaged from EMC Vmax Disks are 520B sector size so i converted to 512B in linux environment and create multipath successfully. But... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: amd103
4 Replies
MPATHCONF(8)						   Linux Administrator's Manual 					      MPATHCONF(8)

NAME
mpathconf - A tool for configuring device-mapper-multipath SYNOPSIS
mpathconf [commands] [options] DESCRIPTION
mpathconf is a utility that creates or modifies /etc/multipath.conf. It can enable or disable multipathing and configure some common options. mpathconf can also load the dm_multipath module, start and stop the multipathd daemon, and configure the multipathd service to start automatically or not. If mpathconf is called with no commands, it will display the current configuration. The default options for mpathconf are --with_module The --with_multipathd option is not set by default. Enabling multipathing will load the dm_multipath module but it will not immediately start it. This is so that users can manually edit their config file if necessary, before starting multipathd. If /etc/multipath.conf already exists, mpathconf will edit it. If it does not exist, mpathconf will use /usr/share/doc/device-mapper-multi- path-0.4.9/multipath.conf as the starting file. This file has user_friendly_names set. If this file does not exist, mpathconf will create /etc/multipath.conf from scratch. For most users, this means that user_friendly_names will be set by default, unless they use the --user_friendly_names n command. COMMANDS
--enable Removes any line that blacklists all device nodes from the /etc/multipath.conf blacklist section. --disable Adds a line that blacklists all device nodes to the /etc/multipath.conf blacklist section. If no blacklist section exists, it will create one. --user_friendly_name { y | n } If set to y, this adds the line user_friendly_names yes to the /etc/multipath.conf defaults section. If set to n, this removes the line, if present. This command can be used along with any other command. --find_multipaths { y | n } If set to y, this adds the line find_multipaths yes to the /etc/multipath.conf defaults section. If set to n, this removes the line, if present. This command can be used aldong with any other command. OPTIONS
--with_module { y | n } If set to y, this runs modprobe dm_multipath to install the multipath modules. This option only works with the --enable command. This option is set to y by default. --with_multipathd { y | n } If set to y, this runs service multipathd start to start the multipathd daemon on --enable, service multipathd stop to stop the mul- tipathd daemon on --disable, and service multipathd reload to reconfigure multipathd on --user_frindly_names and --find_multipaths. This option is set to n by default. FILES
/etc/multipath.conf SEE ALSO
multipath.conf(5), modprobe(8), multipath(8), multipathd(8), service(8), AUTHOR
Benjamin Marzinski <bmarzins@redhat.com> June 2010 MPATHCONF(8)