Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Shell to seach all .mov files in a drive Post 302375844 by methyl on Sunday 29th of November 2009 08:08:58 PM
Old 11-29-2009
e: is a MSDOS notation not unix.
What Operating System are you running?

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Seach for Record

Below is an example of a file with some records... each record start with P1 till the next P1. If I search for something like "4,4545:" then I want all the records with "4,4545:" to be removed from original file and copied to a temp file. P1 1,123455654444 2,7126817361873 3,2134128282828... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: xtravel
5 Replies

2. Programming

Different MOV syntaxes after debugging

I was analyzing the syntax on the MOV Assembly command after debugging my c code using gdb. What I don't understand is that on some machines it shows me a MOV AL,0 and on some MOV 0,AL. I know both mean the same but what is it that differentiates the syntax? (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Legend986
4 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

using sed seach replace

Need help on using sed .. search for pattern then delete that occurance globally .. ex. <ad-number>1002877553-01</ad-number> <start-date>01/07/2009</start-date> <end-date>01/07/2009</end-date> <eps-file>c:\adpay\100298452.eps </eps-file> Want to delete this expression ---> ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: aveitas
2 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to seach in specific directories?

Hi, How can I perform a search on parent directories and not child? I need to search and gzip files that are in /Home/Parent, but there are subdirectories under Parent ( /Home/Parent/Today). I don't want to gzip anything in the "Today" folder, just stop at the parent. There are about 50... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: bbbngowc
2 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Seach and Replace

Our email address is changing and I need to update 4000 htm pages. I was told I command was something like this Eg) find docs/700_799/ -name "*.htm" -type f | xargs perl -pi -e 's/\/company-information\/legal-and-regulatory/\/legal-and-regulatory/g' Is there away of not changing the date... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: mchelle_99
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Find files and seach limit with grep

Hi, I'm testing nginx-cache-purge and notice that grep searches all file content, and since the cache key is in the second line I would like to limit grep searching. This is the script I'm using: github.com/perusio/nginx-cache-purge The line I would like to change and limit grep search... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: nfn
5 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk seach and printing a particular pattern

Hi i need a help for this. the output of a command is like below 1 /tmp/x 2.2K /tmp/y 3.2k /tmp/z 1G /tmp/a/b 2.2G /tmp/c 3.4k /tmp/d Now i need to grep for the paths which are in GB..like below 1G /tmp/a/b 2.2G /tmp/c pls suggest me, how can i... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: kumar85shiv
12 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Copy files from one drive to another, keeping most recently modified files

Hi all, I am a bit of a beginner with shell scripting.. What I want to do is merge two drives, for example moving all data from X to Y. If a file in X doesn't exist in Y, it will be moved there. If a file in X also exists in Y, the most recently modified file will be moved to (or kept) in... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: apocolapse
5 Replies
MSDOS.UTIL(8)						    BSD System Manager's Manual 					     MSDOS.UTIL(8)

NAME
msdos.util -- DOS/Windows (FAT) file system utility SYNOPSIS
msdos.util -m mountflag1 mountflag2 mountflag3 mountflag4 device node msdos.util -p mountflag1 mountflag2 mountflag3 mountflag4 device msdos.util -u device msdos.util -k device msdos.util -n device name DESCRIPTION
The msdos.util command supports the mounting, probing, and unmounting of FAT file systems. Options: -m mountflag1 mountflag2 mountflag3 mountflag4 mount -n set name -p mountflag1 mountflag2 mountflag3 mountflag4 probe for mounting -u unmount -k print volume UUID mountflags above are either: o removable or fixed o readonly or writeable o suid or nosuid o dev or nodev FAT volumes do not actually have a volume UUID. They have an optional 4-byte volume ID. If a volume has an ID, then it will be converted to a version 3 UUID using MD5 to checksum the kFSUUIDNamespaceSHA1 UUID folowed by the volume ID. For the -k option, if the volume has a volume ID, the exit status will be 253 and the UUID will be printed to standard out, without any trailing newline. Otherwise, if the volume appears to be FAT, the exit status will be 255. If the volume does not appear to be FAT, the exit status will be 254. FILES
/System/Library/Filesystems/msdos.fs/Contents/Resources/msdos.util SEE ALSO
diskarbitrationd(8) HISTORY
Derived from the Openstep Workspace Manager file system utility programs. Darwin March 24, 2001 Darwin