Sponsored Content
The Lounge What is on Your Mind? Discussing Holiday Season Greetings with jlliagre Post 302375710 by jlliagre on Sunday 29th of November 2009 04:19:15 AM
Old 11-29-2009
I wrongly thought "Bonne Année" and "Happy New Year" were similar enough idioms for triggering my initial comment.

6 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX Desktop Questions & Answers

Happy Thanksgiving Holiday!

Happy Thanksgiving holiday, everyone! Let's leave the computer alone, forget the Unix/Linux for a while, and enjoy your turkey and Foot~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ball~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: HOUSCOUS
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

holiday

hey all, I have set up a cron job which would be invoked at 1:00 am everyday. However, there is really no need to invoke such job if it's a public holiday so I am wondering if anyone have any idea on how to approach this? Thanks in advance! (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: mpang_
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Don't want to invoke job on holiday!

Hey all, I have a question about cron job, I want to invoke a program to perform some operations on database, however, this operation should only be invoked working day (weekday + not holiday) . Scheduling a job on weekday is easy but how about holiday? Thanks in advance! (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: mpang_
1 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Run scripts through AutoSys depending on holiday

Hi all, I am new to autosys. Can anyone help me in writing autosys job for the below script? Requirement is : 1.Every day it should run this script at particular time except on holidays. 2.The day after holiday some other script should be running. Thanks in advance. #!/bin/ksh #set... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: raghuramyenni
0 Replies

5. What is on Your Mind?

Place Your Bits! - Who Will Win The Voice Season 3

New Event for Fans of The Voice Who Will Win The Voice Season 3 Place Your Bits! Wikipedia Reference Page (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Neo
0 Replies

6. What is on Your Mind?

Holiday Thoughts for the End of 2018

Happy Holidays. Here are my randoms thought at the end of 2018 in no particular order. You Are Truly Blessed IT people are lucky. We get to use our brains extensively to solve complex and challenging computer-technology related problems. This is very good for our brains. Programming,... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Neo
2 Replies
holidays(4)							   File Formats 						       holidays(4)

NAME
holidays - prime/nonprime table for the accounting system SYNOPSIS
/etc/acct/holidays DESCRIPTION
The /etc/acct/holidays file describes which hours are considered prime time and which days are holidays. Holidays and weekends are con- sidered non-prime time hours. /etc/acct/holidays is used by the accounting system. All lines beginning with an "*" are comments. The /etc/acct/holidays file consists of two sections. The first non-comment line defines the current year and the start time of prime and non-prime time hours, in the form: current_year prime_start non_prime_start The remaining non-comment lines define the holidays in the form: month/day company_holiday Of these two fields, only the month/day is actually used by the accounting system programs. The /etc/acct/holidays file must be updated each year. EXAMPLES
Example 1: Example of the /etc/acct/holidays file. The following is an example of the /etc/acct/holidays file: * Prime/Nonprime Table for the accounting system * * Curr Prime Non-Prime * Year Start Start * 1991 0830 1800 * * only the first column (month/day) is significant. * * month/day Company Holiday * 1/1 New Years Day 5/30 Memorial Day 7/4 Indep. Day 9/5 Labor Day 11/24 Thanksgiving Day 11/25 day after Thanksgiving 12/25 Christmas 12/26 day after Christmas SEE ALSO
acct(1M) SunOS 5.10 28 Mar 1991 holidays(4)