Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Veritas Cluster
Operating Systems Solaris Veritas Cluster Post 302375485 by incredible on Saturday 28th of November 2009 12:37:16 AM
Old 11-28-2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by saga499
can you please send me links to download simulator and documents.
Veritas Cluster Server: Utilities - Symantec Corp.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Solaris

how to setup the veritas cluster

hi frnz, let me know how to configutre the veritas cluster.... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Kbharat20
3 Replies

2. High Performance Computing

veritas cluster forum

do you know where can i find forum for veritas hasf forum? thanks. (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: itik
0 Replies

3. Solaris

veritas cluster

Hi I want to install VCS 5 on solaris 10 the product states it needs 3 nic cards. how to install it if I have 2 cards only (this is just for demo)? thank you for your help. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: melanie_pfefer
3 Replies

4. High Performance Computing

SUN Cluster Vs Veritas Cluster

Dear All, Can anyone explain about Pros and Cons of SUN and Veritas Cluster ? Any comparison chart is highly appreciated. Regards, RAA (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: RAA
4 Replies

5. Solaris

Veritas Cluster Server Question

Is it possible to configure veritas cluster server using 2 Ldoms on same host? I just want to test and learn VCS. We can do a cluster (sun cluster3.2 ) in a box using 2 Ldoms but i 'm not sure if thats possible with veritas cluster or not ? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: fugitive
1 Replies

6. Solaris

Veritas Cluster

How to create your cluster members routes and manual nat, and proxy. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: padmaja@tech
2 Replies

7. Solaris

Sun cluster and Veritas cluster question.

Yesterday my customer told me to expect a vcs upgrade to happen in the future. He also plans to stop using HDS and move to EMC. Am thinking how to migrate to sun cluster setup instead. My plan as follows leave the existing vcs intact as a fallback plan. Then install and build suncluster on... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: sparcguy
5 Replies

8. Solaris

suncluster co-existing with Veritas Cluster

have a pair of sun servers, wanting to test drive a 2-node cluster using both software.. would like disable one of these cluster software while the othe is running.. Is it feasible at all ?? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ppchu99
2 Replies

9. Solaris

Using ZFS with Veritas Cluster Server

Until I really began to explore the practical implications of using ZFS with VCS, I would not have necessarily realised the obstacles that would be put in my path. Data integrity is a must-have for storage in a shared host environment, so it surprised me to learn as I opened this particular... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: cambridge
0 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

How to extend a disk in veritas volume manager in veritas cluster?

Hi Experts, I wanted to extend a veritas file system which is running on veritas cluster and mounted on node2 system. #hastatus -sum -- System State Frozen A node1 running 0 A node2 running 0 -- Group State -- Group System Probed ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Skmanojkum
1 Replies
clprivnet(7)					     Sun Cluster Device and Network Interfaces					      clprivnet(7)

NAME
clprivnet - SUNW,clprivnet Sun Cluster private network driver SYNOPSIS
/dev/clprivnet DESCRIPTION
Note - Beginning with the Sun Cluster 3.2 release, Sun Cluster software includes an object-oriented command set. Although Sun Cluster software still supports the original command set, Sun Cluster procedural documentation uses only the object-oriented command set. For more infor- mation about the object-oriented command set, see the Intro(1CL) man page. The SUNW,clprivnet Sun Cluster private network driver is a STREAMS pseudo driver supporting Sun Cluster resident applications that use standard Solaris interfaces to communicate over the Sun Cluster private network. By striping data traffic over all links, this driver opti- mally utilizes the bandwidth of the private network while supporting highly available, software fault-tolerant communication. APPLICATION PROGRAMMING INTERFACE
The driver is supported by the character-special device /dev/clprivnet, but is reserved for Sun Cluster internal operation and the standard Solaris network utilities. This interface must not be directly used for general application communication. ADMINISTRATION
The administration and configuration of the driver as a network interface is done completely by the Sun Cluster infrastructure internals. FILES
/dev/clprivnet clprivnet special character device /usr/kernel/drv/clprivnet.conf System-wide default device driver properties Sun Cluster 3.2 05 Sep 2007 clprivnet(7)