Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting perl:: search for tow pattern and replace the third pattern Post 302375405 by nitindreamz on Friday 27th of November 2009 02:44:49 PM
Old 11-27-2009
Hi
actuly i want to use if condition but for two string seach pattern

"perl -i.bkup -p -e 's/ttttt/ppppp/ if /bbbbb && /nnnnnn/' filename"

i want to search the both like if /bbbbb && /nnnnnn string separately(but it is not working Smilie) .. and want to replace ttttt with ppppp

thanks for reply Smilie

Thanks
nitin

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Search for a Pattern and Replace

Hello All, Can you help me with this , I need to search a pattern replace it with the new pattern in all the files in a directory. what would be the easiest way to do that? Thanks in advance. :) Sam, (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: sbasetty
6 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

SED Search Pattern and Replace with the Pattern

Hello All, I have a string "CP_STATUS OSSRC_R6_0_Shipment_R1H_CU AOM_901046 R1H_LLSV1_2008031", and I just want to extract LLSV1, but I dont get the expected result when using the sed command below. # echo "CP_STATUS OSSRC_R6_0_Shipment_R1H_CU AOM_901046 R1H_LLSV1_2008031" | awk '{print... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: racbern
4 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

search a pattern and if pattern found insert new pattern at the begining

I am trying to do some thing like this .. In a file , if pattern found insert new pattern at the begining of the line containing the pattern. example: in a file I have this. gtrow0unit1/gctunit_crrownorth_stage5_outnet_feedthru_pin if i find feedthru_pin want to insert !! at the... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: pitagi
7 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

search a pattern and replace the whole line

Hi All, I have a requirement where I have to find a pattern in a file and comment the whole line containing the search pattern. Any ideas in shell is welcome. Thanks in advance, Regards, Arun (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: arun_maffy
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Search and replace - pattern-based

Hey folks! I am new to shell-scripting, but I have a problem that I would like to solve using a script. I create very large html forms, used for randomized trials. In these forms, each question is supplied with a variable that looks something like this: PROJECT_formNN Where NN is the question... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Roevhat
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

search & replace pattern

Hi, My problem is that I have to search a changing pattern and replace it with the wild card char "*" i/p: 99_*_YYYYMMDD_SRC.txt.tar.gz o/p: 99_*_*_SRC.txt.tar.gz The problem is that YYYYMMDD pattern is not static. It could be YYYYMMDDHHMI or could be YYYYMMDDHHMISS. Can... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: dips_ag
10 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Search for a pattern and replace. Help needed

I have three variables $a, $b and $c $a = file_abc_123.txt $b = 123 $c = 100 I want to search if $b is present in $a. If it is present, then i want to replace that portion by $c. Here $b = 123 is present in "file_abc_123.txt", so i need the output as "file_abc_100.txt' How can this be... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: irudayaraj
3 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

sed - Search and replace within pattern

Hi Guys! Unix newbie here! Have a requirement for which I have been scouting the forums for a solution but has been out of luck so far :( I have a file which contains the following:- TEST1|TEST2|"TEST3|1@!2"|TEST5 My sed command should result in either one the following output:-... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: hishamzz
6 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Search pattern then find and replace

If condition satisfy, want to find pattern and modify two Fields in Modify.txt Input.txt SOURCE1 SOURCE2 SOURCE3 SOURCE4 SOURCE5 SOURCE6 Modify.txt SOURCE1|SLA|2016/12/11 11:12:11 PM|HMM|11-11-16| SOURCE2|SLA|2016/13/11 11:12:11 PM|HMM|10-11-16| SOURCE3|SLA|2016/14/11 11:12:11... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: Joselouis
7 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Grep/awk using a begin search pattern and end search pattern

I have this fileA TEST FILE ABC this file contains ABC; TEST FILE DGHT this file contains DGHT; TEST FILE 123 this file contains ABC, this file contains DEF, this file contains XYZ, this file contains KLM ; I want to have a fileZ that has only (begin search pattern for will be... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: vbabz
2 Replies
Tcl_StringMatch(3)					      Tcl Library Procedures						Tcl_StringMatch(3)

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

NAME
Tcl_StringMatch, Tcl_StringCaseMatch - test whether a string matches a pattern SYNOPSIS
#include <tcl.h> int Tcl_StringMatch(str, pattern) int Tcl_StringCaseMatch(str, pattern, flags) ARGUMENTS
const char *str (in) String to test. const char *pattern (in) Pattern to match against string. May contain special characters from the set *?[]. int flags (in) OR-ed combination of match flags, currently only TCL_MATCH_NOCASE. 0 specifies a case-sensitive search. _________________________________________________________________ DESCRIPTION
This utility procedure determines whether a string matches a given pattern. If it does, then Tcl_StringMatch returns 1. Otherwise Tcl_StringMatch returns 0. The algorithm used for matching is the same algorithm used in the string match Tcl command and is similar to the algorithm used by the C-shell for file name matching; see the Tcl manual entry for details. In Tcl_StringCaseMatch, the algorithm is the same, but you have the option to make the matching case-insensitive. If you choose this (by passing TCL_MATCH_NOCASE), then the string and pattern are essentially matched in the lower case. KEYWORDS
match, pattern, string Tcl 8.5 Tcl_StringMatch(3)