Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: network connection on ubuntu
Operating Systems Linux Ubuntu network connection on ubuntu Post 302374920 by wolf_london on Thursday 26th of November 2009 12:17:22 AM
Old 11-26-2009
you first should config your ip and other stuff .
vim /etc/network/interfaces to config it .
good luck !Smilie

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. IP Networking

new office - no network connection!

We have just moved offices and in the same week recieved a SUN box from another company site. I'm attemting to connect this SUN box to the network, but i can't see it on the network. I have modified the /etc/host file with the IP i want to attribute to the box, rebooted, but still nothing.... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: colesy
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

System looses network connection

Hi, I was wondering if anyone could help me out with this problem. I have SCO 5.0.5 installed on a system that I am using 3c905b (3 Com) network card. This system is always powered on. After no certain time period this NIC doesn't work. I can't ping to this system from any other machine or vice... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Tinal
5 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Network connection problem in unix

I have a network connection problem in unix. I am trying to access to LAN in unix but unfortunately it doesn't work. For example, if I ping from Unix to windows it says 'the network is unreacable'. Also, I can't ping in windows to unix. I would be glad if someone could help me. Thanks. ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: fatihshen
5 Replies

4. Virtualization and Cloud Computing

Connection probs in virt. OSolaris in Qemu under Ubuntu

Hi, I'm trying to do this: Set up OpenSolaris with Qemu (Ubuntu is hostOS). I was able to get it up and running and I have installed it on my .img. But now I need internet connection. On my Ubuntu host I did this: #brctl addbr br0 #tunctl #brctl addif br0 wlan0 #brctl addif br0 tap0... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: fisfia
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Oracle connection with UBUNTU

Hi all, Will I be able to connect to oracle using UBUNTU. If so, can any one provide me the steps. I want to try table archival and sql loader using control files. Please do help. Thanks, Raaga (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Raaga
1 Replies

6. Solaris

Why network connection is down?

Hello colleague, Development department is deploying some applications on solaris machine but hence all connection goes down. Our all network connection files are correct but we can't connect with our gw. Only we can ping localhost and assigned ip address. I don't want to reboot for... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: getrue
4 Replies

7. Ubuntu

Ubuntu 10.10 LAN connection stopped working...

Well this is weird. I restarted my dual boot Win7/Ubuntu 10.10 from ubuntu to windows. Everything was working fine and windows is always connecting properly to my lan. After restarting back into Ubuntu, all of a sudden I can't connect to my network. It looks as if its trying to connect through... (15 Replies)
Discussion started by: zixzix01
15 Replies

8. Linux

Network connection

Hi, I installed linux Fedora on a virtual machine, but the network connection is not working. All firewalls are off. Any ideas what is the problem? I am using WiFi. Thanks in advance! Regards, Atanas (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: apenkov
2 Replies

9. Solaris

network connection failing

hi, I'm setting up a home lab and I am having problems keeping my connection open on putty. every time i leave it for about 10 seconds and come back I keep having to re-connect. I'm more of a AIX person and trying to get more fimilar with Sun but some of the commands I am trying to run to diag... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: vpundit
2 Replies

10. Solaris

Solaris Network Connection

Hi, Recently we faced awkward situation where we cannot connect to Oracle DB that hosted in Solaris server intermittently and it timeout eventually. The server seems fine. We can putty to server like normal but when try do prstat, it takes time and come out Please Wait.. for a while. When we go... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: tharmendran
1 Replies
WHAT-PATCH(1)						      General Commands Manual						     WHAT-PATCH(1)

NAME
what-patch - detect which patch system a Debian package uses SYNOPSIS
what-patch [options] DESCRIPTION
what-patch examines the debian/rules file to determine which patch system the Debian package is using. what-patch should be run from the root directory of the Debian source package. OPTIONS
Listed below are the command line options for what-patch: -h, --help Display a help message and exit. -v Enable verbose mode. This will include the listing of any files modified outside or the debian/ directory and report any additional details about the patch system if available. AUTHORS
what-patch was written by Kees Cook <kees@ubuntu.com>, Siegfried-A. Gevatter <rainct@ubuntu.com>, and Daniel Hahler <ubuntu@thequod.de>, among others. This manual page was written by Jonathan Patrick Davies <jpds@ubuntu.com>. Both are released under the GNU General Public License, version 3 or later. SEE ALSO
The Ubuntu MOTU team has some documentation about patch systems at the Ubuntu wiki: https://wiki.ubuntu.com/PackagingGuide/PatchSystems cdbs-edit-patch(1), dbs-edit-patch(1), dpatch-edit-patch(1) DEBIAN
Debian Utilities WHAT-PATCH(1)