Sponsored Content
Special Forums Cybersecurity [Linux] Blocking Your w00tw00ts with iptables Post 302374867 by Lakris on Wednesday 25th of November 2009 04:59:42 PM
Old 11-25-2009
It was such an inviting possibility for some evening fun so let's have a crack at it!

(NOT tested)
Code:
#/bin/sh
#good (?) working dir
cd /tmp
#Get a fresh list? do rm w00tw00t_list first
#I lynx...
[ -r w00tw00t_list ] || lynx -dump http://www.novirusthanks.org/dfind-logs/ip-list > w00tw00t_list
#append unique entries from weblog
grep w00tw00t /website/logs/apache2/access.log | cut -d" " -f1 |sort -u >> w00tw00t_list
#apply ip rules
while read ip; do iptables -A INPUT -s "$ip"/24 -j DROP; done < w00tw00t_list
#List resulting block list
iptables -L -n

Best regards,
Lakris

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

LINUX 9 IPTABLES and DNS

I have installed a linux 9 router/firewall and have issues with outside DNS queries making it in. here are my IPTABLE rules, can anyone make some suggestions? ETH1 is my outside facing Interface, ETH0 is my inside facing interface. Accept If input interface is not eth1 Accept If protocol is... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: frankkahle
1 Replies

2. Linux

LINUX 9 IPTABLES and DNS

I have installed a linux 9 router/firewall and have issues with outside DNS queries making it in. here are my IPTABLE rules, can anyone make some suggestions? ETH1 is my outside facing Interface, ETH0 is my inside facing interface. Accept If input interface is not eth1 Accept If protocol... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: frankkahle
6 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Linux IPTABLES help

I'm new to Linux and I made a big mistake at work recently locking myself out of our own server :(. I did iptables -F first as the tutorial said and then entered the rules. I wanted to start over again so I did iptables -F and it locked us out. We had to get someone to physically restart... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: nogumo
0 Replies

4. Programming

Linux BSD sockets blocking issue

I am using BSD TCP sockets under Debian Linux 2.6 and no matter what I do, the socket blocks on recv. I have set O_NONBLOCK and O_NDELAY using fcntl to no effect. Any ideas ? (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: johnmb
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Non-blocking pipe

Hello, Would this be an acceptable way of creating a non-blocking pipe. Basically I want to create kind of a server client arch. This code would be in the server, and I don't want to have to wait for clients to read before moving on to the next client. One problem I can see is if... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: cdlaforc
4 Replies

6. Debian

URL blocking with iptables

we have internal network 192.168.129.x for a system hosted with pdf.xxx.xyz URL is already public accessible but when try to connect as site (/ap/p.nt) of the URL pdf.xxx.xyz/ap/p.nt restriction to be applied publicly except accessing internally can anyone guide me on this?? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: shrinuvas
1 Replies

7. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

ps blocking

Hi Folks I have been debugging a script that is called every thirty seconds. Basically it is doing a ps, well two actually, one to file (read by the getline below) and the other into a pipe. The one into the pipe is: - V_SYSVPS=/usr/sysv/bin/ps $V_SYSVPS -p$PIDLIST -o$PSARGS... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: steadyonabix
0 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Linux iptables -> is it possible?

Hi! I have a dedicated hosting working with 2 ips. Is it possible to block all connections but 1 in all existing ports for only 1 of my ips? I mean like, I have 2 ips for example: 190.x.x.5 and 190.x.x.6 I want that all the connections going to 190.x.x.6 in all ports get rejected but only 1... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: Kekox
7 Replies

9. Programming

Which are blocking and non-blocking api's in sockets in C ?

among the below socket programming api's, please let me know which are blocking and non-blocking. socket accept bind listen write read close (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: VSSajjan
2 Replies

10. Cybersecurity

Blocking 3306 with iptables -A INPUT -p tcp --dport 3306

Just added these lines to our server firewall: iptables -A INPUT -p tcp --dport 3306 -s 127.0.0.1 -d 127.0.0.1 -j ACCEPT iptables -A INPUT -p tcp --dport 3306 -j DROP Even though mysql is configured to correctly only listen on port 127.0.0.1 we still see these mysql log file notes on a daily... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Neo
0 Replies
IPTABLES-SAVE(8)						  iptables 1.6.1						  IPTABLES-SAVE(8)

NAME
iptables-save -- dump iptables rules to stdout ip6tables-save -- dump iptables rules to stdout SYNOPSIS
iptables-save [-M modprobe] [-c] [-t table] ip6tables-save [-M modprobe] [-c] [-t table] DESCRIPTION
iptables-save and ip6tables-save are used to dump the contents of IP or IPv6 Table in easily parseable format to STDOUT. Use I/O-redirect- ion provided by your shell to write to a file. -M, --modprobe modprobe_program Specify the path to the modprobe program. By default, iptables-save will inspect /proc/sys/kernel/modprobe to determine the exe- cutable's path. -c, --counters include the current values of all packet and byte counters in the output -t, --table tablename restrict output to only one table. If not specified, output includes all available tables. BUGS
None known as of iptables-1.2.1 release AUTHORS
Harald Welte <laforge@gnumonks.org> Rusty Russell <rusty@rustcorp.com.au> Andras Kis-Szabo <kisza@sch.bme.hu> contributed ip6tables-save. SEE ALSO
iptables-apply(8),iptables-restore(8), iptables(8) The iptables-HOWTO, which details more iptables usage, the NAT-HOWTO, which details NAT, and the netfilter-hacking-HOWTO which details the internals. iptables 1.6.1 IPTABLES-SAVE(8)