Sponsored Content
Operating Systems SCO Dell PowerEdge 2600 tape backup Post 302374717 by jgt on Wednesday 25th of November 2009 09:03:36 AM
Old 11-25-2009
DCU is a Unixware product not Openserver.
Network services are started by scripts located in /etc/rc2.d
VisionFS is S90Visionfs (default names)
Samba S99nmbd and S99smbd
There is also Advanced File and Print Server, which installs as a separate product, look in scoadmin->License Manager
I checked a system with NFS running, and ps -a does not show it; use exportfs to see if any directories are exported.

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Linux Benchmarks

Dell Dual Xeon PowerEdge 4600

Notes: System Configuration: Dell Computer Corporation PowerEdge 4600 (4 X Intel(R) XEON(TM) CPU 2.00GHz 1988.782 MHz) hyperthreaded System clock frequency: 99.0827 MHz Memory size (approximate): 2559 Megabytes ========================= CPUs ======================== CPU # CPU... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: tnorth
0 Replies

2. Linux Benchmarks

Dell Poweredge 2400 / 533

CPU/Speed: Dual PIII 533 Ram: 256Mb PC133 Motherboard: Unknown, Intel Chipset Cache: 256k on board Controller: PARC Raid 2/Si, AIC-7880U Disk: 30Gb RAID 5 Load: 1 user. Clean boot, init 5 but X-Windows not loaded. Kernel: See Benchmarks. pgms: gcc 3.2.3 ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Garp
2 Replies

3. Solaris

Installing Solaris 10 on Dell PowerEdge 2800

hi, i am trying to install solaris 10 (on 4 cd's downloaded from the sun website) on my dell poweredge 2800 server. 2 xeon processors, 2GB of RAM and 2 NICS, 73 GB SCSI (maxtor ultra320, 3.5 series), i can give more details on request... the installation crashes when trying to detect the NICS... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: xinugeek
0 Replies

4. Red Hat

Installing RedHat 8.0 onto Dell PowerEdge SC1425 - hdc: status error: status = 0x58

I have successfully installed RedHat 8.0 onto a Dell PowerEdge SC1425 today. This server has two SATA hard drives, and an IDE DVD-ROM drive. Using the following kernel parameters, i successfully installed across both hard drives from CD: ide0=0x1f0,0x3f6,14 vga=791 resolution=1024x768 expert... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: fishsponge
5 Replies

5. Filesystems, Disks and Memory

Linux and Dell 1500sc Poweredge Server

Does anybody no how to get around the fact that the Red Hat installation does not see the SCSI hard drives. It lets you manually pick the proper device, but still fails saying no drive detected (or something to that effect). I was going to install windows 2003 Server and use VMware...but again,... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Fatflea
1 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Stange problem Dell PowerEdge 1950/ Boradcom Netextreme NIC

I have 2 Dell Poweredge 1950 servers running . I have been having intermittent performance issues with the NIC cards on one of them. The two servers are identical and are running the same operating system. The server that has the issue is on the DMZ on a a static IP and is hosting a website. ... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: skotapal
0 Replies

7. SCO

Continueing relyability problems with SCO 6.0 on Dell Poweredge 1800 with PERC DC4.

Hello all, I'am experiencing weird relyability problems with a SCO 6.0 Openserver server that runs on a Dell Poweredge 1800 equipped with a PERC DC4 raid controller and 4 36 GB 15 K rpm hot swappable scsi harddisks. It runs a RAID 10 configuration. It uses the mega hba, Revision 8.03a Release... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: frederik1
1 Replies

8. Programming

/dev/mem on Dell Poweredge

Hi, I have a C++ program to access /dev/mem and retrieve details like Vendor, Manufacturer details of the motherboard. This works fine on all the machines except for on Dell Poweredge 2850,1950... machines. I receive a 'EFAULT' when I try to access /dev/mem on these servers. I suspect some... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ragisreekanth
1 Replies
init.d(4)                                                                                                                                init.d(4)

NAME
init.d - initialization and termination scripts for changing init states SYNOPSIS
/etc/init.d /etc/init.d is a directory containing initialization and termination scripts for changing init states. These scripts are linked when appro- priate to files in the rc?.d directories, where `?' is a single character corresponding to the init state. See init(1M) for definitions of the states. The service management facility (see smf(5)) is the preferred mechanism for service initiation and termination. The init.d and rc?.d direc- tories are obsolete, and are provided for compatibility purposes only. Applications launched from these directories by svc.startd(1M) are incomplete services, and will not be restarted on failure. File names in rc?.d directories are of the form [SK]nn<init.d filename>, where S means start this job, K means kill this job, and nn is the relative sequence number for killing or starting the job. When entering a state (init S,0,2,3,etc.) the rc[S0-6] script executes those scripts in /etc/rc[S0-6].d that are prefixed with K followed by those scripts prefixed with S. When executing each script in one of the /etc/rc[S0-6] directories, the /sbin/rc[S0-6] script passes a single argument. It passes the argument 'stop' for scripts prefixed with K and the argument 'start' for scripts prefixed with S. There is no harm in applying the same sequence number to multiple scripts. In this case the order of execution is deterministic but unspecified. Guidelines for selecting sequence numbers are provided in README files located in the directory associated with that target state. For example, /etc/rc[S0-6].d/README. Absence of a README file indicates that there are currently no established guidelines. Do not put /etc/init.d in your $PATH. Having this directory in your $PATH can cause unexpected behavior. The programs in /etc/init.d are associated with init state changes and, under normal circumstances, are not intended to be invoked from a command line. Example 1: Example of /sbin/rc2. When changing to init state 2 (multi-user mode, network resources not exported), /sbin/rc2 is initiated by the svc.startd(1M) process. The following steps are performed by /sbin/rc2. 1. In the directory /etc/rc2.d are files used to stop processes that should not be running in state 2. The filenames are prefixed with K. Each K file in the directory is executed (by /sbin/rc2) in alphanumeric order when the system enters init state 2. See example below. 2. Also in the rc2.d directory are files used to start processes that should be running in state 2. As in Step 1, each S file is executed. Assume the file /etc/init.d/netdaemon is a script that will initiate networking daemons when given the argument 'start', and will terminate the daemons if given the argument 'stop'. It is linked to /etc/rc2.d/S68netdaemon, and to /etc/rc0.d/K67netdaemon. The file is executed by /etc/rc2.d/S68netdaemon start when init state 2 is entered and by /etc/rc0.d/K67netdaemon stop when shutting the system down. svcs(1), init(1M), svc.startd(1M), svccfg(1M), smf(5) Solaris now provides an expanded mechanism, which includes automated restart, for applications historically started via the init script mechanism. The Service Management Facility (introduced in smf(5)) is the preferred delivery mechanism for persistently running applica- tions. Existing init.d scripts will, however, continue to be executed according to the rules in this manual page. The details of execution in relation to managed services are available in svc.startd(1M). On earlier Solaris releases, a script named with a suffix of '.sh' would be sourced, allowing scripts to modify the environment of other scripts executed later. This behavior is no longer supported; for altering the environment in which services are run, see the setenv sub- command in svccfg(1M). /sbin/rc2 has references to the obsolescent rc.d directory. These references are for compatibility with old INSTALL scripts. New INSTALL scripts should use the init.d directory for related executables. The same is true for the shutdown.d directory. 17 Aug 2005 init.d(4)