Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Find out the words, just for fun Post 302374227 by rdcwayx on Monday 23rd of November 2009 09:49:10 PM
Old 11-23-2009
Find out the words, just for fun

There is a spell game to find out the word which can be used between another two words, for example,

Code:
play   ______    table
hair    ______    ball

So missing word will be:

Code:
time  (playtime, timetable)
pin  (hairpin, pinball)

time and pin are also real word. Maybe there are not only one answer.

So my idea is, maybe we use dictionary files to do the game.

Code:
/usr/dict/words
or
/usr/share/dict/words

I am working on it, if you have any idea, please paste here.

the script should be run be this way:

Code:
spell_game play table

get the answer such as:

Code:
playtime, timetable

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

find words with grep....

I have a .txt file which contains several lines of text. I need to write a script program using grep or any other unix tool so as to detect part of the text (words) between / / that begin with the symbol ~. For example if somewhere in the text appears a webpage address like... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: chrisxgr
8 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

find files with 2 or more words

I'm trying to find files that contain two or more specific words (e.g. all files with both "John" and "Mary" in them but not necessarily on the same line) but I don't know how to go about it. Maybe something like grep to find files with the first word, then grep the resulting set of files to find... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Anita
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

FInd the String between Two words

Hi I would like know how can write a script for find a string between two words. My input like this: a1 IN a1a1a1a1a1a1 OUT b1 IN b1b1b1b1b1b1 OUT c1 IN c1c1c1c1c1c1 OUT . . . now my out put like: a1a1a1a1a1a1 b1b1b1b1b1b1 c1c1c1c1c1c1 please help on this. (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: koti_rama
6 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

how to find common words and take them out from two files

Hi, everyone, Let's say, we have xxx.txt A 1 2 3 4 5 C 1 2 3 4 5 E 1 2 3 4 5 yyy.txt A 1 2 3 4 5 B 1 2 3 4 5 C 1 2 3 4 5 D 1 2 3 4 5 E 1 2 3 4 5 First I match the first column I find intersection (A,C, E), then I want to take those lines with ACE out from yyy.txt, like A 1... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: kaixinsjtu
11 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to find number of words

please help me for this "divide the file into multiple files containing no more than 50 lines each and find the number of words of length less than 5 characters" (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: annapurna konga
3 Replies

6. Emergency UNIX and Linux Support

Find two words and join together in one file

Hi, I have a huge text file like below , I need to select only lines having line Fatal joined with id. like below i want the line to be Fatal Error for input record 25 is id = 543523. Waiting for your help. -----Original Message----- Acceptance with warnings for input record 24. 001 tag... (13 Replies)
Discussion started by: umapearl
13 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell script to find out words, replace them and count words

hello, i 'd like your help about a bash script which: 1. finds inside the html file (it is attached with my post) the code number of the Latest Stable Kernel, 2.finds the link which leads to the download location of the Latest Stable Kernel version, (the right link should lead to the file... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: alex83
3 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Find Multiple words in a file

Hi all, I have trouble in finding the multiple word in .txt file. Please help me with any solution. I have 10,000 .txt files and in each file i have to search specific word but more than one, like (data, machine learning, clustering) and all these keywords should be case insensitive because... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: XXLMMN
3 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Find common words

Hi, I have 10 files which needs to be print common words from those all files. Is there any command to find out. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: munna_dude
2 Replies

10. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Find duplicate words using sed

I have following statement and I want to find duplicate word using sed command. How is it possible? "detect string and remove the duplicate string" There could be many statements in a file and each line may have duplicate word. Thanks! (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jnrohit2k
1 Replies
Locale::Codes::LangFam(3pm)				 Perl Programmers Reference Guide			       Locale::Codes::LangFam(3pm)

NAME
Locale::Codes::LangFam - standard codes for language extension identification SYNOPSIS
use Locale::Codes::LangFam; $lext = code2langfam('apa'); # $lext gets 'Apache languages' $code = langfam2code('Apache languages'); # $code gets 'apa' @codes = all_langfam_codes(); @names = all_langfam_names(); DESCRIPTION
The "Locale::Codes::LangFam" module provides access to standard codes used for identifying language families, such as those as defined in ISO 639-5. Most of the routines take an optional additional argument which specifies the code set to use. If not specified, the default ISO 639-5 language family codes will be used. SUPPORTED CODE SETS
There are several different code sets you can use for identifying language families. A code set may be specified using either a name, or a constant that is automatically exported by this module. For example, the two are equivalent: $lext = code2langfam('apa','alpha'); $lext = code2langfam('apa',LOCALE_LANGFAM_ALPHA); The codesets currently supported are: alpha This is the set of three-letter (lowercase) codes from ISO 639-5 such as 'apa' for Apache languages. This is the default code set. ROUTINES
code2langfam ( CODE [,CODESET] ) langfam2code ( NAME [,CODESET] ) langfam_code2code ( CODE ,CODESET ,CODESET2 ) all_langfam_codes ( [CODESET] ) all_langfam_names ( [CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::rename_langfam ( CODE ,NEW_NAME [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::add_langfam ( CODE ,NAME [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::delete_langfam ( CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::add_langfam_alias ( NAME ,NEW_NAME ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::delete_langfam_alias ( NAME ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::rename_langfam_code ( CODE ,NEW_CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::add_langfam_code_alias ( CODE ,NEW_CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::delete_langfam_code_alias ( CODE [,CODESET] ) These routines are all documented in the Locale::Codes::API man page. SEE ALSO
Locale::Codes The Locale-Codes distribution. Locale::Codes::API The list of functions supported by this module. http://www.loc.gov/standards/iso639-5/id.php ISO 639-5 . AUTHOR
See Locale::Codes for full author history. Currently maintained by Sullivan Beck (sbeck@cpan.org). COPYRIGHT
Copyright (c) 2011-2012 Sullivan Beck This module is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. perl v5.16.2 2012-10-11 Locale::Codes::LangFam(3pm)