Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Solaris How to kill the TCP ESTABLISHED connection in netstat Post 302373039 by jlliagre on Thursday 19th of November 2009 09:00:48 AM
Old 11-19-2009
The following command will show you all open files, including the TCP related ones, of all processes running on your system.
Code:
pfiles /proc/*

You should be able to easily locate the culprit from its output.

And by the way, please don't gratuitously run "kill -9", that's a poor practice.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

about TCP connection

Hi Experts, need help about release or refresh TCP Connection: i have the sample like below : application log connection: 0500 ( 192.168.0.1:36053) 00919 2007/05/10 23:30:25 112 13 2007/05/10 23:30:25 1969/12/31 17:00:00 0500 ( 192.168.0.1:36054) 00920 2007/05/10 23:30:26 000 00... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: bucci
3 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Query :: Using Netstat finding total value to a db connection

I wrote a very simple script to calculate the DB connection from an appserver and check the total netstat connection to a particular DB exceed 25 then it will send mail netstat -a 2> /dev/null | awk '/.*ESTAB/{print $5}' | cut -d. -f1 | uniq -c | awk '{if ($1 > 25)print $2," exceed ",$1;}' ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: senthil.ak
1 Replies

3. Red Hat

How to kill all active tcp connections from an IP?

How to kill all active tcp connections from an IP? I am using CentOS (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: an00p
3 Replies

4. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

tunneling commands and file transfers through established ssh connection

Hi - I frequently run commands, and transfer files to/from a host that uses SecurID ssh authentication. It is a real pain to have to enter the authentication information every time I want to interact with this host. I am wondering if there is a way to establish a one-time ssh connection to this... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: cpp6f
2 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

TCP failed connection attempts from netstat -s

Dear experts, I am seeing a lot of TCP failed connection attempts from "netstat -s" on one of our servers. How can I pin point what connection failed and what are the ports involved? Any tools/commands I can dig in deeper to diag. what went wrong on these "failed connection attempts"? ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: cache51
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Function to kill the established rsh session

HI I know that it sounds crazy :eek: appreciated if any one provided me a solution for my below case , the below script is checking the Database availability on many servers by establishing rsh session ( one by one ) , sometime one of the servers goes down and while this the script taking... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: bejo4ever
0 Replies

7. Red Hat

How to kill a TCP connection which has status TIME_WAIT & no PID

Hi, I want to kill TCP connections which have status as TIME_WAIT & no PID (as per the output of the "netstat - p" command). Is there any command/utility available to kill connections to a specific port or IP address. The problem is that these connections don't have process ID (see... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Davinder31may
4 Replies

8. IP Networking

Need to know reason for connections closed in netstat -p tcp

Hello netstat -p give below 6634176 connections as closed.How do we trace that which all connections are being closed on the server? 1366888371 data packet headers correctly predicted 1195906 connection requests 5227320 connection accepts 5992919... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Vishal_dba
6 Replies

9. AIX

AIX firewall accept established connection

I'm trying to configure a firewall for AIX to accept incoming connections on ports 22 and 443 and deny everything else. All is ok; the server accepts connections only on 22 and 443, but after that I also need to accept all outgoing connections -- ssh and telnet, for example. So I started with ... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Michael1457
0 Replies

10. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

30 tcp connections Established for a while and after a few minutes are close

Good morning, I need your help please After Restarting Aps or connection, these are connections tcp 0 0 10.80.1.26.57597 10.81.248.79.53008 ESTABLISHED tcp 0 47 10.80.1.26.57607 10.81.248.79.53008 ESTABLISHED tcp 0 0 ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: alexcol
4 Replies
killall(1M)															       killall(1M)

NAME
killall - kill all active processes SYNOPSIS
[signal] DESCRIPTION
is a procedure used by to kill all active processes not directly related to the shutdown procedure. is chiefly used to terminate all processes with open files so that the mounted file systems are no longer busy and can be unmounted. sends the specified signal to all user processes in the system, with the following exceptions: the process; all processes (including background processes) associated with the terminal from which was invoked; any process, if owned by any process, if owned by any process; any process; any process. obtains its process information from and therefore may not be able to perfectly identify which processes to signal (see ps(1)). If no signal is specified, a default of (kill) is used. is invoked automatically by The use of is recommended over using by itself (see shutdown(1M)). FILES
SEE ALSO
fuser(1M), kill(1), ps(1), shutdown(1M), signal(5). STANDARDS CONFORMANCE
killall(1M)