Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Solaris Queries on cron and GUI login... Post 302373022 by saagar on Thursday 19th of November 2009 08:30:34 AM
Old 11-19-2009
Queries on cron and GUI login...

I have 2 queries:
1.how do we monitor failed GUI logins...? I think the /var/adm/loginlog will log
only failed logins happened at /dev/console and virtual terminals..
2.How to use cron scheduler to display a message when a user is working in GUI Terminal window irrespective of in which terminal he is working..? Also, is there any tool to provide a popup message via cron scheduler while a user is in GUI mode?

Thank u..

Last edited by saagar; 11-20-2009 at 01:49 AM..

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. SCO

pswd change on sco GUI login

Can i change the password on the SCO GUI interface login page and if so how? When I try to login it just goes right back to the login screen. If anyone has any suggestions, please reply. :confused: (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: qphillips
3 Replies

2. Solaris

Solaris 8 login GUI doesn't come up.

Hi experts, I've installed Solaris 8 to Sunfire V480. After installation I only could login to the server using CLI command. Can you show me how to start the login GUI? I use standard SUN graphic monitor and keyboard. Thanks in advanced. VN (26 Replies)
Discussion started by: vntiger
26 Replies

3. Linux

how to root gui login enable

hi iam installed mandriva spring 2009 iam unble to login into gui using root how to enable it where the settings are stored (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: seshumohan
5 Replies

4. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Not able to login from GUI

Hi, When I installed Ubuntu on my laptop, I had chosen "automatic login" . So i was not asked ofr username and password everytime I switched on. I later wanted to change the settings. So I went to systems-->administration-->login window-->security. There I disabled automatic login and I reboot the... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: vishwamitra
3 Replies

5. Solaris

Problem with GUI login on Ultra 45

I have a Sun Ultra 45 that was working perfectly until i upgraded it to Update 9 with a zfs filesystem. The box is sparc based and has an internal video card. When i boot it up, i receive an X server error and, while checking /var/dt/Xerrors, the following message is displayed Fatal server... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: goose25
9 Replies

6. Fedora

can't login via GUI but can via Putty

Hi all, I am able to login via putty to a fedora 10 workstation. But when i try to login via physical screen connected to workstation, it just gives me a blank screen and i cant see any options to enter username and passwd. How do i get the physical GUI to work. $ who -r ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: lramsb4u
4 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

login via gui

I am not too new with linux. Since I installed a new version (2011) of Mandriva, I am unable to login via the gui (I'm currently using the live version of the same dvd free with Linux Format mag). I can login from a console as it has picked up the previous version's /home, but when I try to login... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: richardmellersh
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Unable to login into GUI mode.

hii all, I am unable to login into GUI mode in solaris 10. It is only prompting me to command mode credentials not going further to GUI mode.. Please help.. Thanks & regards, Bhagi (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: bhargav90
3 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script (with sql queries) not working using cron

Hi all, I have script, which performing sql queries and put output into file. When I run this script manually, its working fine, but when I want to schedule it with cron I am getting errors... I defined LD_LYBRARY_PATH and ,but no result. After I defined it, I am getting error: # more... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: nypreH
4 Replies
dtadvfs(8)						      System Manager's Manual							dtadvfs(8)

NAME
dtadvfs - Starts the AdvFS graphical user interface SYNOPSIS
/usr/bin/X11/dtadvfs [options] [-N] [-C hostname] OPTIONS
Turns off information messages about starting up the asemgr utility. This message is displayed at startup and whenever the file system configuration is changed when the system is running TruCluster Software. Connects to other hosts that are running the AdvFS GUI daemon, advfsd. OPERANDS
Uses the standard X Windows options. See the X(1X) and xterm(1X) reference pages for information. DESCRIPTION
The AdvFS graphical user interface (GUI) organizes AdvFS functionality into system management tasks and makes them available through a graphical interface. Issue the dtadvfs command to display the AdvFS GUI Main window. This window serves as both the starting point for all AdvFS GUI-managed tasks and as a monitor for file-system status. When the Main window is displayed, disk-space usage information is shown for the host and file domains. From the Main window, you can choose tasks from the following menus: Choose GUI setup options or exit the GUI. Choose file domain, file- set, clone, or volume configuration tasks. Choose what information displays on the main window or view devices and volumes information. Choose file domain balance or defragment procedures. Online help is available for all tasks and windows available through the GUI. To access help, click on the Help button in any window or choose Help from the menu bar to display information. RESTRICTIONS
You must be the root user to use this utility and you must register the Advanced File System Utilities license. FILES
/Storage_Management/Dtadvfs The indicator for graphic icons. The dtadvfs message log file. Remove or copy this log to another location periodically to prevent the log from becoming too large. The AdvFS Manager user-interface executable file. The dtadvfs online help files. The dtadvfs X resource file. The dtadvfs message catalogs. The GUI graphic icon files. The launch script for the graphic icons. SEE ALSO
advfs(4), advfsd(8), X(1X), xterm(1X) dtadvfs(8)